Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How Do You Find the Valley Experience?

Quote Originally Posted by tmeijer View Post
    I am supposed to set a duck or lobster trap and there is no water.
    You set these in your fishing area, not in the Valley.

Centennial Club
    I'm not as bothered by the "sun activities" tasks as some. Contrariwise, this may be in part that I got some relatively easy ones for today; tomorrow's look quite a lot more objectionable. I'm also a little anxious about what happens to sun points at the timer reset. Nohow, having excess sun points (beyond those needed to earn the new spin) carry over (toward the next spin) would seem equitable and desirable from the player standpoint.

I'm not sure on what point the "fog of war" cloud cover has. Making it harder to find chickens?

One significant subjective defect from the player perspective is that unlike town, truck board, or boat orders, Valley orders do NOT warn you how many of the item you have. This seems a tweak that be easy to change. (I don't know if Valley orders warn you that you are about to hand off your last crop or not, but presume they do. If not, that seems something that ABSOLUTELY should be changed. Pardon me if I don't try to check it out.)

Given the length of the Valley Season, compared to the availability of fuel and frequency of encountering chickens, 50 chickens to unlock the premium section of the shop (IE: expansion scrolls and puzzle pieces) seems a little high. Doing some math.... chances on fuel spins are about even for 6,7,8, or 9 fuel; average is around 7.5/spin. Getting to a chicken seems to take (wild estimate) 20 fuel; that is, about 3 spins. 5 spins seems about the limit of what's practical in a 6-hour window, which gives maybe 15 spins per day if the player sleeps 8 hours a day, or about 110 fuel; getting 50 chickens would need 1000 fuel, or circa 9 days. Since the initial season is only going to be about 3 days, that seems way out of reach -- and this does not consider the impact of breakdowns on play.

Starting the first (zeroth?) Valley Season during a (farm) "Visitor Bonus" event may be making it somewhat more challenging, due to the effect such events have on product/crop demand and consequently ads in the Daily Dirt. I'm guessing that this may have been deliberate, as part of stress testing.

It seems interesting, and may be worth playing with, but it's not clear yet how its trade-offs will balance for players.
    Farm Tag #29C9L8RGL
    Lvl 160ish Barn 5000ish Silo 5000ish
    Neighborhood #2CU9R88C "Barnstormers" -- seeking an English-speaking active Champions-league derby player lv 40+ from Pacific area (AK/HI/NZ)

Quote Originally Posted by Borat2 View Post
    I have a quest to visit 2 houses with black roofs. I visited 3 and it didn't count. Annoying

This happened to me as well.

I just wish there was a way to see my barn/silo from the valley screen. I've gone to deliver something only to realize I don't have it after I get there. I also want to see the whole map without all the mist. How am I supposed to know what direction to go to get to the places in my daily tasks? Also, the amount of sun tokens increasing exponentially is such ♥♥♥♥, I truly hate that.

Other than that and the glitches they seem to be in the process of fixing, I've been enjoying the valley so far. It adds an interesting dynamic to the game.
    Last edited by DreyaRea46; June 24th, 2019 at 09:33 PM.

I think I would have been happier to have new machines, products, crops, etc. SC should do what they do best and stop with the silly stuff like this, zoo animals, etc

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyKirby View Post
    I think I would have been happier to have new machines, products, crops, etc. SC should do what they do best and stop with the silly stuff like this, zoo animals, etc
    I'm pretty sure that the Zoo/Sanctuary animals were done to help re-balance the game by providing a new source of demand for wheat. It's now possible to find things advertised that are NOT 10 wheat @ 36 coinis.

This week's "Valley Season" feels like an "open beta" Dev stage.
    Farm Tag #29C9L8RGL
    Lvl 160ish Barn 5000ish Silo 5000ish
    Neighborhood #2CU9R88C "Barnstormers" -- seeking an English-speaking active Champions-league derby player lv 40+ from Pacific area (AK/HI/NZ)

Fuel Tank Limit?

Does anyone know if the fuel tank has a limit? On one farm I had 3 fuel and spun for more without thinking. I held my breath but it registered 12 after I spun 9. If there is a limit, I would like to know so that I donít waste spins in the future.

The update was not in the App Store before I went to sleep last night and the season had ended when I opened everything this morning Have not seen the valley yet so will wait and see but feeling underwhelmed so far.

Farm Level 172. Town 52. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

I realize there are still bugs to be worked out, but so far I’m completely frustrated with the Valley. I got some fuel, but then wasn’t able to go anywhere. I’m supposed to visit the fish shop, complete a group request, and fill some order requests, but I don’t see where/how to do any of those. I saw a cinema and tapped on that, but it said there wouldn’t be a task available for half an hour. Then the game crashed, and it’s now in a very long maintenance.

So I haven’t been able to explore the Valley at all. But from what others have said, it doesn’t sound either fun or stress-free to me. I like the concept, and I think it could be fun if it weren’t for the drawbacks that others have mentioned, including not being able to see where you need to go because of the clouds, using fuel to go to a building without knowing what the request is or what the rewards will be, and not being able to get enough fuel to do very much.

Also, the items I can purchase in the regular shop are completely underwhelming and nothing special (not even an expansion permit). I do like the items in the exclusive shop, but the way the Valley is set up, I seriously doubt I’m going to be able to get those. I’m trying to keep an open mind about this because it’s new and I haven’t figured out how it works yet, but at the moment this looks like the most disappointing update ever.

Centennial Club
    We are in maintenance again and my dinner is cooking so here’s my two cents on the valley.....

• Love the idea. It seems like a cool addition and it’s connected to primary farming. It’s also cooperative in principle. Bravo.
    • It’s too hard. I grew sugarcane for 3 straight hours, and filled 24 boat crates to get fuel only to generate enough tokens that would buy me 1 shovel. 1 shovel !!! Are you kidding me? Guess what, I got 2 shovels, 2 bems, 3 mining tools, and 7 axes while growing the sugarcane, I would have gotten more if I was growing corn like I usually do. Seriously. There’s a perspective problem with the reward/activity ratio. Make it worthwhile or no one will bother. Tomorrow I’ll be growing corn. Not lettuce.
    • Meanwhile, I want those permits. Everyone does. But it’s not clear how to get chickens or how if it’s taken me 6 hours to get 4 of them I’m going to collect 46 more in 2.5 days. If I don’t get those permits, I’m not bothering with the valley. End of story. You need to make it clear how chickens are acquired and what exactly needs to be done to get them faster.
    • The clouds are dumb. You can’t see the buildings to complete quests, you can’t plan your fuel stops, you can’t see broken trucks or screaming chickens (group tasks). Just make it go away.
    • The delivery task is fine but it’s weird not knowing how far away you have to go.... like the delivery guy is like sure I’m in Turkey, I’ll take any job and then you’re like ok, drive to Beijing. Not cool.
    • There’s no inventory link....I realize most of the buildings are asking for 1 of the item but what if that is your last one?
    • The building tasks don’t regenerate even when the timer is up. Fix this glitch
    • The sudden stops like stuff found on the side of the road or broken truck use up fuel and you don’t get it back. Fix this glitch.
    • You can’t help a farmer with a broken truck if you can’t see any other trucks. See above - get rid of the clouds.
    • Sun points should be CUMULATIVE. You shouldn’t have to spin as soon as you reach a threshold or lose anything after that. Especially if sun tasks are things like feeding and planting. How many farmers dropped multiple nets and duck traps only to find they only needed 2 and the rest were lost until they spun first ?
    Level 181 ♦️Town 65 ♦️ :Achievements 143/144 ♦️