Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How Do You Find the Valley Experience?

I do get that they are trying to get more hay day farmers doing some of the more or less neglected things, however, having me drop a whole lotta nets and traps and then expecting me to fish?

Not happening
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Fresh Spawn
    I really enjoy the Valley but it is not stress free. I frequently log in the morning, then between meetings and school runs and caring for grandchildren, etc to collect enough suns for fuel, all the while looking forward to making a cup of coffee and sitting down to play later.

When later arrives I log in and .......the truck breaks.! There is no fun in that! There are very few people in my Valley and as the six trucks around me haven’t moved for at least a week, (most since day one) there is no chance of road side assistance.
    Last edited by auntiem; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:02 AM.

I’m really trying, lol. But I’m finding what both WP and auntiem before me have said, to be true.

Some of the tasks are incompatible in one way or another. I had to fish for a few days straight and almost ran out of lures before I finally got a “make lures” task. Boats were an issue for a bit. I complained that when we have to plant hundreds and hundreds of a crop, they should also have a boat requesting those crops. (It finally happened a couple of times )

But yes, I like to try to do everything I can and found myself logging in way too often all day long to check where I’m at and remind myself which tasks I’m on today, see how many suns I need, etc. This was doubly frustrating when for whatever reason, I kept getting randomly dropped connections back to the loading screen or even my iPad home screen and sometimes completely dropped from my wifi. (This happens while looking through the paper, too, and at other times so it isn’t “just” the valley, but it has gotten worse.)

Then I get in to the valley and my truck breaks down with 2 hrs to wait, about half an hour before I planned to get to bed, so repeat tomorrow. For a while I followed a hoodie around, or vice versa, in case this happened. But then I’d either need a task that takes me farther away, or we weren’t both online at the same time.

———

I have never seen more than 12 people in about 8 spots, some of whom are parked at buildings or even in-between buildings? 8-9 of these people are in a far north-west corner of the map. One person is somewhere in the middle, and hoodmate and I are south-east-ish. I tried getting closer to the group once or twice and made it to somewhere in the middle, but then had to move away for a delivery or chicken and was back to the back corner of the map. The others aren’t even trying to move towards us. So I don’t know how many group tasks I started to try to get chickens, but ended up being the only one there. I think hoodie and I only grabbed one or two group task chickens together because when we were both online one of us was usually out of fuel.

I keep forgetting to check how many chickens we’re at when I see those threads on chickens, lol, but we aren’t going to make it to 100, as far as I can tell. There either have to be more people/groups of people in the valley, or fewer chickens required, or a bit of both.

Next month I will be doing less with the valley because real life (and Clash) need more of my time. Between trying a derby again (#2, yay!), the valley and Clash clan wars/seasons challenges/clan games I need to prioritize.

(Now watch—there will be an active valley next time and I’ll be the one collecting only five chickens or something.) :/

Has anyone determined how we’re placed into a valley? Is it completely random, or based on hood size (hope not), or something else? People in large hoods—are you all together in the same valley?

Thanks for the pretty kitty, Icey!
    You're actually more blind than Soumil, and Soumil is literally more blind than a bat-Rad
    Much convince. Amazing argument. Very believe. Rad town. Cant scum.-NTRP
    why thank you <3 -Rad

I have decided I really like it apart from the chicken collecting. To me it just shows a nice prize your not gonna get. Which is annoying.😒

But I love that I'm getting some scrolls. 😁 However if all my land was open, don't know if I would bother for the other rewards.

Centennial Club
    I have too much fuel, stopped playing after everyone in my hood stopped, too. Since my valley only had a handful of permits available for purchasing, and the chicken shop will remained locked until after the valley ends, essentially I worked this final week for nothing. Since the token storage maxes out at 6,000 we can only claim ONE prize from the chicken shop, hence, earning tokens and FUEL was all for naught. Had I known this beforehand, I never would've kept going.

I’m not imagining it, am I? They’ve cleared away a lot more of the clouds now, right? I mean even taking into account the parting of the clouds Nick initially announced for this season. It seems like today I am seeing a whole lot of the Valley. That’s a good thing.

Now, if we could get a little amelioration of the fuel situation that would be great. Too many of the sun task combinations are just grinding away. Need 220 suns? Well lucky you - you get to feed 5 animals to get 2 suns. You can also plant 25 wheat to get 1 sun. Or you can send 4 trucks to get 10 suns. Tedious.

Even worse:
    one boat crate = 2 suns
    Plant 5 soybeans = 1 sun
    catch one fish = 2 suns
    This is so clearly a “lucky you if you get to 100 suns combination” that it’s a little sad.
    Then you spin and get 6 fuel for all that work. Double.

But...at least there’s less cloud cover. Silver linings and all that 😏😁
    Last edited by BostonGirl; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:48 PM.

Collecting 250 chickens is impossible. We’ve got like 1/2 that and most players seem to not be playing. Also the regular shop is not great, Seems like a lot of work for a couple expansion permits

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    I’m not imagining it, am I? They’ve cleared away a lot more of the clouds now, right? I mean even taking into account the parting of the clouds Nick initially announced for this season. It seems like today I am seeing a whole lot of the Valley. That’s a good thing.

Now, if we could get a little amelioration of the fuel situation that would be great. Too many of the sun task combinations are just grinding away. Need 220 suns? Well lucky you - you get to feed 5 animals to get 2 suns. You can also plant 25 wheat to get 1 sun. Or you can send 4 trucks to get 10 suns. Tedious.

Even worse:
    one boat crate = 2 suns
    Plant 5 soybeans = 1 sun
    catch one fish = 2 suns
    This is so clearly a “lucky you if you get to 100 suns combination” that it’s a little sad.
    Then you spin and get 6 fuel for all that work. Double.

But...at least there’s less cloud cover. Silver linings and all that 😏😁
    I had 99 fuel leftover once we unlocked all the chickens and I realized you could only buy one option from the exclusive shop. I kept playing to burn fuel and repair trucks. Now less than 2 hours before the valley closes, and suddenly everyone who's trucks were still operational have suddenly broken down in sync. I'm talking all 8 members of my hood who were participating. One person goes on to repair another's truck, and their truck breaks down en route. I'm one post away after not playing all day, and my truck breaks down right next to theres. Took a look at the map, and see broken trucks of players from other hood as well. Nice time, right? So either you lose the fuel you earned today, etc. or spend 20 diamonds to keep it, and you may or may not break down right after you've just paid real money to repair it. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Judytomcat View Post
    I had 99 fuel leftover once we unlocked all the chickens and I realized you could only buy one option from the exclusive shop. I kept playing to burn fuel and repair trucks. Now less than 2 hours before the valley closes, and suddenly everyone who's trucks were still operational have suddenly broken down in sync. I'm talking all 8 members of my hood who were participating. One person goes on to repair another's truck, and their truck breaks down en route. I'm one post away after not playing all day, and my truck breaks down right next to theres. Took a look at the map, and see broken trucks of players from other hood as well. Nice time, right? So either you lose the fuel you earned today, etc. or spend 20 diamonds to keep it, and you may or may not break down right after you've just paid real money to repair it. Nice.
    Hey! The same thing happened to me just now! Realised one farm had 26 fuel so decided to burn it off and grab some last minute tokens and BAM! down went the truck. I’m not using diamonds to repair either and I had already earlier used all the fuel on my other farms so no help is forthcoming.

The repairs cost 8 diamonds now though. If your Valley says 20 there’s something wrong which might also explain all the wrecks in tandem.

I was able to use the last of my fuel without my truck breaking down.

Farm Level 172. Town 52. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.