Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How Do You Find the Valley Experience?

Nick - Thanks for the Valley but please don’t forget the Farm and Town

Nick,

Whilst the valley for some is a great experience, for others perhaps simply a distraction or perhaps a disappointment I would ask that in the next update your team does not forget our core game and dedicates time for improving the farm and town.

In this post I do not intend to go over old ground and start to list the many improvements and requests that have been asked for over the past couple of years but simply to plead - DO NOT FORGET THE FARM & TOWN.
    Farm 234, Town 80
    Everything complete....
    Just 64 Scrolls to go!!
    Barn 12,950 - Silo 12,000
    kik: perky76

...and fishing lake!

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty123 View Post
    Nick,

Whilst the valley for some is a great experience, for others perhaps simply a distraction or perhaps a disappointment I would ask that in the next update your team does not forget our core game and dedicates time for improving the farm and town.

In this post I do not intend to go over old ground and start to list the many improvements and requests that have been asked for over the past couple of years but simply to plead - DO NOT FORGET THE FARM & TOWN.
    I would add to Sooty’s plea - DO NOT FORGET THE FISHING AREA.

I realize that the fishing slots went up to 15 (much appreciated) and platinum was added to the fishing weights. Both of these were excellent “tweaks”, but neither added new game play.

Farm Level 123 | Town 40 | Achievements 141/144

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    It’s especially senseless since we already went through this within our neighborhoods with the Derby prizes. The result was “opt in/out”.

As I recollect, we did not make the global birthday goal. In a very smart move (for the first time ever) we were gifted the lollipop birthday cake in spite of having fallen short. I’ve never been able to understand the reasoning behind making the global goal for special holiday events a “challenge”. It’s challenging enough to reach the threshold for participation in the event. SC has made that threshold higher over time. Fine, but make the global goal reasonable. That model could work for valley chickens, too.

Wow, that is the first I saw that. I thought there was no way we were making that global birthday goal, and was surprised when the prize came the next morning. I never realized we in fact did not make the goal.

After a few more days of experience...

I think the Valley is a great idea. Full marks, A++. A whole new way to play the game, a new area to explore, new ways to interact with other players.

Little lower score on implementation. Like just now. I have a couple minutes to play. Figured I'd go use some of my saved fuel and get a few coins. Oh look! There's a chicken by the side of the road. I'll drive there! And BOOM, immediate truck breakdown. Well, I guess I'm done playing Hay Day for the next 2 hours, 'cause the Valley is what I feel like doing right now.

Even overlooking the breakdowns, even overlooking the (OMG, why why WHY?) clouds, I just want to play the game as I want to play it, when I want to play it. At least for more than 90 seconds, yeah?

Full disclosure: I'm not one of those players who strives to get tons of suns. I've maxed out at 3 spins per day. Don't have the time to collect more. That definitely affects my experience. Also, I did pay 8 diamonds to fix my truck once. That seems like a slippery slope though, so I won't do that often.

Level: 75
    Neighborhood: Happy Valley
    Time zone: U.S. Eastern

I'm currently stuck in a remote area of the valley with few houses, lots of clouds and no other players' trucks. I haven't seen another truck in about 24 hours. Is that even possible? And of course now my truck has broken down. Sick of this happening at least once a day, and I don't even play that much. Once a week would be enough... Given the absence of other trucks, I don't think anyone will be along to fix it before the 2 hour wait is up.
    Level 93 - farm started June 2016
    No Town

While my main farm and valley have collected 98/250 chickens, I was surprised to check my 2nd farm and valley, which hood is far more active. Only 8/250 chickens collectively collected and I don’t see any other trucks
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

My Valley has collected 106 chickens with 9 full days to go. I suspect that we continue to collect them because, like Everest, they’re there. 😏

As for people who have trucks in their Valleys that don’t seem to move, my experience is that my two largest farms move quite a bit. That’s because they have enough fields and fishing spots etc. to earn more fuel. My third largest farm just can’t. There’s the free spin (and on a lucky day the 20 suns spin) then that’s that generally. So it doesn’t move much. It hardly ever even manages to complete its daily tasks.

Since this season began, I have seen three (or so) trucks moving while I was in the Valley. These are “stranger” trucks because I don’t have a NH outside of my own farms. If there are 60 trucks in the Valley as advertised, is that frequency of real time movement acceptable? It doesn’t seem that way to me but then I don’t have access to information on farm levels and time zones and a whole host of other factors that would affect the way the Valleys like mine work - mine being a “no-neighbourhood” Valley from my perspective.

Nice things: it was nice to see trucks moving. Made the Valley seem dynamic. And I got a new farm friend. Girl fixed my truck that first day. That’s fuel sacrifice right there. 👍 And I just made my first shop purchase - a permit. And I play a game with myself on two of my farms to see how much fuel I can earn each day.

As so many others have said, I like playing the Valley and I like the Valley itself (there’s a moss-covered boulder I really want for my farm!). I just wish:
    * it was a little easier to explore the limits
    * it was possible to interact with the other people who are playing
    * the general shop prizes were a little better especially since the special shop is out of reach

Note on Prizes:
    I think it’s safe to say that the only reason there isn’t a full scale revolt regarding the general shop prizes is because the permits are in the shop and they are a good consolation. However, once players satisfy that particular need, the prizes will be a real issue. Any prize that’s not a permit is pretty lame. Even the boosters are three star boosters - fill ONE boat crate. 😐 Really? For painstakingly collecting over 800 tokens? 🤨 Nope. Pass.

I honestly don’t think the exclusive shop is out of reach, at least chickens-wise. Currently my Valley has collected 177 / 250 chickens. We are averaging around 7-10 chickens per day, I would say, so making the goal should not be a huge problem. My issue is the tokens!

We need 1,100 of each to get the Valley Car, the ONLY prize I find worth spending my precious tokens on! (I love exclusive decorations!) I only have a little over 600 of each token color. Granted I have been gone for 5 days straight this week camping, so Valley gameplay has been very minimal, but still. I’m gonna have to kick it into overdrive to get sun points in order to even have a chance at gaining some more tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Griggy View Post
    Like many others, I had become totally frustrated with the dearth of expansion scrolls available. My frustration was centered around the fact that there was no game play involved in accumulating them. I could only get them from derby rewards, and often I wasn't presented with any and had to use diamonds to get 1 or 2 - sometimes as many as 5 spins to get just 1.
    Now we have the Valley and expansion scrolls are available as rewards! This suits me perfectly - I can tailor my activities in the Valley to accumulate at least a few expansion scrolls. That was all I ever wanted - a manner of game play to achieve these rewards.

So big ups to you at SuperCell - you have responded to the requests of many of us
    While I agree and give SC props for giving users another means to earn rewards, maybe stacked and new events would have achieved the same. In essence, I am doing tasks to add suns for fuel so I can deliver goods which gives me tokens to earn rewards. Why create an entire Valley of cross NH cooperative play when you have no means to collaborate across NH's and really no incentive to. Lots of programming for so little in return.

Quote Originally Posted by JaydensWienerDogs View Post
    I honestly don’t think the exclusive shop is out of reach, at least chickens-wise. Currently my Valley has collected 177 / 250 chickens. We are averaging around 7-10 chickens per day, I would say, so making the goal should not be a huge problem. My issue is the tokens!...
    You’re right. Out of reach...for most of us 😉. I mean it’s exclusive for a reason, right? But surely the regular shop could offer a bit more especially considering the cost in tokens.