Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How Do You Find the Valley Experience?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Judytomcat View Post
    It's been stated that they would removed inactive players in the valley and replace them with new ones, but what about the ones who don't care about collecting chickens?
    As I've understood, they'll replace inactive players (meaning shuffling hoods) only between valley seasons. So, if you happen to get a bad deal, you'll just have to wait 3 weeks and more and simply forget chickens for that season. If they would replace inactive players during the season, how would the chickens be counted for players that are moved from a valley to another.

It's a big design flaw and I don't know what should be done. Next valley season could be even worse as I suspect that there will be a massive number of valley drop outs after this first disappointment.

I really hope they'll remove that spin-the-wheel after we collect enough sun points. I mean they've actually named them "SUN points". Why not be eco-friendly and let the sun points charge our truck battery?

We have already earned our "fuel". Why design the game to tell us that we only earned a wheel spin? It's extremely disappointing.

I have never seen any other trucks moving around in the valley whilst I'm there. Except, occasionally, another member of my NH who happens to be playing at the same time as me.

All these trucks that are sat stagnant for days/weeks at a time, are these the other players that are supposed to be helping me collect chickens?

Well, yes, I know that they are, but that's not what is happening so it seems very unfair to make us active players stress about catching chickens with not enough help to reach the required quota for the exclusive shop.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have to decide whether to prioritise chickens or tokens or daily quests because the piddly amount of fuel we get, after so much effort, won't let us do it all!

Fresh Spawn
    I have stopped trying to collect chickens. We are so far from being remotely able to collect enough that it seems a waste of fuel to bother. I am a very active player, but I have a full time job so I rarely get more than 200 suns per day. I save the fuel up during the day and collect tokens in the evening to put towards buying scrolls. Other than the scrolls I am not too bothered about the other items available to purchase as there are easier ways of getting them.

Having said all of that, I generally quite like the valley. I do not find it stressful - the requests are not difficult to fulfill and collecting tokens is an extra way of obtaining scrolls, and I quite like some of the decorations in the valley which we do not have on the farm. Having read some of the comments above, however, I do realise that I may be causing some stress to others by not collecting chickens! It is not that I am being lazy, simply that fuel is so hard to come by, and the number of chickens seems too high, so ignoring them seems a sensible way of conserving fuel.

Many players in this thread have already basically stated that have given up on collecting chickens because the required count is not achievable cooperatively in the Valleys players have been placed in! Why did devs set the bar so high the first season? It really sets a bad tone with the expectation devs have of the players.

Maybe chicken collection should not have been a cooperative task? Why not just task individual players? Based on the number of players in my Valley, each needed to collect 20 chickens in 21 days. So, why not make chicken collection a independent task? If a player wants to unlock the top prizes, they could collect the 20 they needed.

This is like Clan Games in Clash of Clans, except if you are in an active clan who cares, the end prizes are very obtainable. Could you imagine if the CoC devs made/required outside clans to play together for clan games, and most of the clans were inactive/didn't care forcing the burden on 1 active clan that actually wants to achieve all the prize tiers? The CoC forum would erupt!!!

To obtain top prizes, you are forcing players to play cooperatively with players who don't want to actually play cooperatively. CoC limited Clan Games to each clan - not cross-cooperatively with other clans. NO ONE, not even one clan (or in this case neighborhood), wants to carry the burden so other players who are not playing/care to play cooperatively can benefit with prizes in the end they did nothing to help earn.

I just don't see how the Hay Day developers could not have seen this failed attempt for Hay Day coming to this end result. Maybe there was a glimmer of hope that it would increase the activity of players playing together? Meanwhile, there a millions of players who struggle to cooperatively reach global event grand prizes. We got the last cake just in the final hour of the last global event. I don't think cross-neighborhood cooperative play is ever going to work out. Most players do not care enough to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    Many players in this thread have already basically stated that have given up on collecting chickens because the required count is not achievable cooperatively in the Valleys players have been placed in! Why did devs set the bar so high the first season? It really sets a bad tone with the expectation devs have of the players.

Maybe chicken collection should not have been a cooperative task? Why not just task individual players? Based on the number of players in my Valley, each needed to collect 20 chickens in 21 days. So, why not make chicken collection a independent task? If a player wants to unlock the top prizes, they could collect the 20 they needed.

This is like Clan Games in Clash of Clans, except if you are in an active clan who cares, the end prizes are very obtainable. Could you imagine if the CoC devs made/required outside clans to play together for clan games, and most of the clans were inactive/didn't care forcing the burden on 1 active clan that actually wants to achieve all the prize tiers? The CoC forum would erupt!!!

To obtain top prizes, you are forcing players to play cooperatively with players who don't want to actually play cooperatively. CoC limited Clan Games to each clan - not cross-cooperatively with other clans. NO ONE, not even one clan (or in this case neighborhood), wants to carry the burden so other players who are not playing/care to play cooperatively can benefit with prizes in the end they did nothing to help earn.

I just don't see how the Hay Day developers could not have seen this failed attempt for Hay Day coming to this end result. Maybe there was a glimmer of hope that it would increase the activity of players playing together? Meanwhile, there a millions of players who struggle to cooperatively reach global event grand prizes. We got the last cake just in the final hour of the last global event. I don't think cross-neighborhood cooperative play is ever going to work out. Most players do not care enough to make it happen.
    Well this was never meant to be a NH event. And SC said it was meant to be just a casual thing that you just visit when you feel like it. Which works fine for collecting tokens. But the chickens are making it stressful, because 250 is not realistic. Be better if they lower the amount or erase that feature. As for trucks just sitting there, well thats probably because they have used up the quota of fuel they can achieve, and therefore have to just sit there until next reset. Happens to me everyday before lunchtime. Nothing to do with not cooperating.

Centennial Club
    Currently we have 120/250 chickens so it might be possible if chickens become more common towards the ends. But it's stressful, and I'd rather hope that we had lost our chances already

I'm still driving tandem with my baby to get group tasks done.

Lot's of truck not moving (and no way to identify unactive ones). Even 3 players for group task is a tall order. And those next to invisible roadside chickens.. I'm going to write my longer feedback later.

Given that my fuel from up to 100 suns gives me about 3 minutes of valley play, thatís 23 hours and 57 minutes a day that my truck will be idle. 😂

We just hit 125/250 chickens in my group. Half way there...Wooohooo! I'm still not getting my hopes up. I haven't seen a chicken for a while and I'm very active.

I thought I read somewhere that they were going to increase the amount of chickens half way through/closer to the end. Was I dreaming this?

135/250 here

And during the last 2 days, I have seen road side chickens making their appearance every 2h30 near the last active truck, almost like a clock.

Use up fuel in just one session might just be bad strategy. Players seem lost with the Valley not knowing what's the best thing to do. Communication isn't an option to strangers and even if there is a Valley chat, good luck on speaking the same language as the others.

I would totally love a FAQ before players give up on this. Even if some of us enjoy picking up chicken, we still have to place blind trust on strangers. That's some scary feelings to deal with.

Edit: and 1 more about 2h apart from the previous one.
    Last edited by meonhoc; 1 Week Ago at 08:31 PM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

All the great ones were a student once. Learning is quicker with better guiding. Report abuse/spam on forum.

#ChickenHunter :: Hay Day Lv 130♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12