Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hay Day Update: The Valley

Unplayable is the correct word ... in the current state especially ... but I do not think
    it will be better once the teething period is over ... because of restrictions ... HD
    always slowdown our progression with so many restrictions.

'fuel' spin : 1st in the day is free ... second is 25 'suns' ... oh well, still OK.
    next is 50 ... that is a 100% inflation in a few hours ... any refinery exploded somewhere ?
    3rd is 100, again 100% increase ! That is crazy restriction again.

In another thread Nick mentioned that they do not want the player to uncover
    the entire map in a few days ... I replied 'Why not ?' ... you restrict us again !

And all about restrictions, I will not talk about the expansion permits that are as
    rare as solid butter in the middle of the Sahara desert ...

HD stop restricting us, we are adults (oh well, mostly, I suppose) ... we can
    restrict ourselves ... we do not need a big brother to watch over us all the time !

so do we really have to take screen shots of the valley and piece them together so we can remember where the stores are for the quests? the clouds are just silly.
    Happily Farming in Myrtle Glen, come join us :-)
    **..* Eturtle's Farm (#VVCGQJGJ) 166, Town 52 `*`..**

I agree that it is pretty unplayable now with all the problems, but I think it looks promising. If/when they fix all the problems it should be fun. It's a slow paced game anyway and there is already a lot to do on your farm so getting a low amount of fuel seems expected. The only thing I don't really get is the clouds. It makes it kind of random. I don't really understand why this would make it better. I think it would make me work harder for the fuel if I had a target to go to. Now it's just anywhere that is next because I can't see very far. Maybe it's supposed to make us curious and want to see what it in the clouds but I'm not sure it works that way for me.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #154
    Quote Originally Posted by HeJePi View Post
    Unplayable is the correct word ... in the current state especially ... but I do not think
    it will be better once the teething period is over ... because of restrictions ... HD
    always slowdown our progression with so many restrictions.

'fuel' spin : 1st in the day is free ... second is 25 'suns' ... oh well, still OK.
    next is 50 ... that is a 100% inflation in a few hours ... any refinery exploded somewhere ?
    3rd is 100, again 100% increase ! That is crazy restriction again.

In another thread Nick mentioned that they do not want the player to uncover
    the entire map in a few days ... I replied 'Why not ?' ... you restrict us again !

And all about restrictions, I will not talk about the expansion permits that are as
    rare as solid butter in the middle of the Sahara desert ...

HD stop restricting us, we are adults (oh well, mostly, I suppose) ... we can
    restrict ourselves ... we do not need a big brother to watch over us all the time !
    If we would make everything free, available at any time etc. it wouldn't be a game really. A game needs to have a set of "rules" like any other game has - board games, card games etc. If not, there's no idea to work towards a goal, or goals. Think if some basic board game would have everything visible, open and nothing to look for or do, what fun would it be? Nothing. All games have rules (or as you call them restrictions). That's how games are made, no matter what type of a game it is.

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick / Supercell
    Community Manager
    Like Hay Day on Facebook: http://facebook.com/HayDayOfficial
    Follow Hay Day on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HayDay
    Follow Hay Day on Instagram: http://instagram.com/HayDay
    Subscribe to Hay Day YouTube: http://youtube.com/HayDay

Reading through the thread, I get what SC is doing with the limited means. It’s a way to keep us coming back, forcing us to only do so much a day. I think, as I am sure it is pretty obvious, the personality of many HD players (including myself) is “we want it all and we want it all right now.” If we weren’t in this mindset, there wouldn’t be floods of complaints about puzzle pieces and permits. The feature is brand new and we want to play it now as much as we want. Everyone just needs to get used to it, in time it will become a part of the natural flow of our day. Some days we will play more if the sun tasks are faster, other days may just be the free fuel and that’s it. At least we have time to come back and work on it. I think a lot of thought went into trying to set it up this way, and truthfully I am thankful they are doing a feature in this manner. I have been playing a long time and am welcoming to a goal to work towards. I personally (nobody get mad at me here) liked the puzzle piece search. Sure I would have loved to have all of them the first day but it forced me to participate in events and boats I otherwise would have maybe passed on.

There are still some things I personally don’t like about the Valley and it is still very buggy even after the maintenance, but I also believe SC will keep tweaking it to make it enjoyable.

Also, (minus the clouds) I love the graphics, very cute.

I know it has been mentioned that tokens are forfeited at the end of a season, is fuel acquired forfeited as well?

First, thanks for all the hard work that has gone into this update. Here are my experiences and thoughts at this point:

Once the clouds are cleared to discover an area, the clouds should remain cleared. Putting them back causes us to wander lost on this HUGE map forever and ever. That is not stress free by any stretch of the imagination. It's not possible to plan a strategy to get the tokens needed for whatever you're earning towards if you can't see what's available to decide to aim for. Precious fuel (not easy to get by any means) is wasted exploring, re-exploring, and re-exploring, etc, etc. where you've already been. This map is HUGE and with fuel being sparse, it will take a long time to discover the entire map. Forcing rediscovery of every inch repeatedly is not induceive to continuing Valley play and is very stressful rather than the hoped for relatively stress free.

Buildings 1-2 spots away say I'm too far away. Really? 1-2 stop spots?

I opened the 3rd chest of the Daily Quest rewards and received a building booster. Where it went is anyone's guess. It did not store in my booster storage nor did it appear for me to switch with one in storage. It just disappeared. I've no idea how many stars or even which buildings as I never saw it. Shouldn't I have been given the chance to switch at the least?

Had 196 out of 200 sun points for the next spin. Earned 10. The left over 6 points disappeared. Only the points needed to the next spin counted. Any left over should have been added to the next set required for the next spin but, nope, lost points.

I understand the raise in sun points for each new spin, but the amount raised is crazy. In less than 24hrs, I'm up to 550 points required. I don't know how long the regular "seasonal" Valley sessions will last, but even if only a week, we'll need thousands of points to earn a spin before the session is even near over, even at a relatively slow pace. That is just not sustainable.

I do love the graphics and the concept. But there is more than glitches to work out. Balance and sustainability of play features need to be reassessed and changed to still challengeable but reasonable and attainable levels.
    Last edited by Cricks3; June 25th, 2019 at 04:58 PM.
    GC: PhoenixAerie KIK: Cricks3 HDTag: YQJLUQU9
    Farm: In Memory of Tom, Level 145, town level 42
    NH:
    iPhone 6s Plus, iOS version 12.2 Time Zone CST -6
    Honorary "Tech Bug Hound", Previous Official SC Hay Day Forum Moderator

Fuel goes to 100, next one to 200 and then next one to 550? Eh? Everything will expire before you can even hit that mark!

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    If we would make everything free, available at any time etc. it wouldn't be a game really. A game needs to have a set of "rules" like any other game has - board games, card games etc. If not, there's no idea to work towards a goal, or goals. Think if some basic board game would have everything visible, open and nothing to look for or do, what fun would it be? Nothing. All games have rules (or as you call them restrictions). That's how games are made, no matter what type of a game it is.

Cheers,

Nick
    yes all games have rules...

...but with these rules I certainly never have a chance to solve inquiries.
    I play because it should please me. Frustration certainly does not please. So I'll probably forget this valley.

Currently, the valley is a mixture of gambling (the wheel), ever-changing requirements. And my truck has no chance of fuel - so everything else is pointless because not playable.
    For that I do not like to use my playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post

Cheers,

Nick
    I agree with this principle Nick, but who wants to play a game that one can never win?