Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hay Day Update: The Valley

Everyone in our hood hates the valley. There’s never enough fuel. It’s stupid to need 550 points to spin fuel wheel. Did anyone actually test playing this and find it FUN before releasing? What a disappointment.

It’s a great concept, but not enjoyable. This update took something that should be fun and became even more work than it was prior to the update. I’ve played for years, and everything just demands more and more of our time.
    Last edited by Nestof3; June 26th, 2019 at 07:27 PM.
    KIK: nestof3
    Farm Level 176
    Town Level 49

Quote Originally Posted by Nestof3 View Post
    Everyone in our hood hates the valley. There’s never enough fuel. It’s stupid to need 550 points to spin fuel wheel. Did anyone actually test playing this and find it FUN before releasing? What a disappointment.

It’s a great concept, but not enjoyable. This update took something that should be fun and became even more work than it was prior to the update. I’ve played for years, and everything just demands more and more of our time.
    I need 1000 now for fuel its crazy.
    I wished they just had that area with new shops and not as a mini game.
    Keep the chickens and let us help other hoods there.
    Way more fun then this frustrating game waiting to get fuel.

For derby tasks we need the land but also to stock for the next derby.
    But how to get sun fast without using the land?

And Nick this is what i meant...putting a beta test out there with bugs.
    It only frustrates people.
    A test team of volunteers know what to expect coz they know they are looking for bugs.
    With tips of them you can easier improve the game.
    Then release the version when all is fixed.

Ps this is not meant personally and I feel bad becoz of all the comments here coz i know you guys worked hard on this.

Yvonne Leader of Zissou :0)
    Tag: #2LCV92UO
    115 gold

Are you the addict we are looking for?

https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1258324

The issue with needing 50 chickens for the permits, was 50 the original number required for the 3 week season?
    Farm ID#: 8JU8L8PQJ
    KIK ID: DustyRoadsHD

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDoug View Post
    The issue with needing 50 chickens for the permits, was 50 the original number required for the 3 week season?
    In 'The Valley' tuition video it shows a target of 250 chickens 😱

Quote Originally Posted by JemimaPD View Post
    In 'The Valley' tuition video it shows a target of 250 chickens 
    If that’s really the target in the future, that’s the last straw for me. But I hope that’s not the real target. I remember seeing a photo where 100 diamonds were needed to fix a broken truck, but now it’s 20. So maybe there have been some changes since the video was made.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181

The Whole Valley

Quote Originally Posted by TingHD View Post
    Removed the cloud and dang !!!!!
    Its hugeeee lot bigger then our main farm to visit
    Take forever to visiting all area
    What a fail update,remove the valley it look like another game in it

Congrats TingHD for being a trailblazer and the first forumite to chase away the clouds and reveal the Valley. I'm inspired by your game play and will focus on chasing away the clouds instead of capturing the chickens.

---
    Lynn. Cloud Chaser
    June 26, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; June 27th, 2019 at 05:20 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

The clouds don’t really bother me but the truck breakdowns and ABSOLUTELY no one ever fixing them is the biggest turn off. Argh. I understand the psychology of game play and how making the game “too easy” is a bad thing but so is doing the opposite. I think its great they are running this as a beta version. I hope the developers take the feedback from this thread and make changes to improve the valley for the better! I think the idea of making the update/beta version voluntary versus a required update is a good one and might help calm down some of the “haters” that the game is so full of. Calm down folks, it is only a game and a free one at that.
    Last edited by SAGE214; June 27th, 2019 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    Beginning late yesterday I began spinning the wheel on my main farm without playing to see if I could reach the tank limit IF there is one. I went up to 36 a half hour ago.

Then I saw a screaming chicken - the only one I’ve seen since Monday when the trial began. There were none on my board all day yesterday. It was very far away and as usual didn’t give any details. I started the drive there using 12 fuel because I couldn’t tell what was needed.

Now, one of my daily tasks was to visit a building with a black roof. There were NONE in the area I could see before I began the trek. As the clouds parted as I was using TWELVE liquid gold to drive to the closest spot I could, I saw my truck PASS a black roof. It was SO close to where I started that I had only passed 3 stops. I didn’t know it was there because of those clouds. WASTED FUEL twice over.

Then as I helplessly watched the black roof get covered back up with clouds after I passed, unable to stop, my truck stopped and asked for another SEVEN FUEL to get to the Home of the Screaming Chicken. I’d already committed so much...I tapped and finally arrived at the building (still lamenting at the thought of having to use at least 9 fuel to retrace my route back to the black roof) when the screaming chicken (SC - funny right?) informed me I needed FIVE people to complete the group task.

There were no trucks, besides mine, even close to where the chicken was. Experience over the last two days led me to believe that no one would help with that task because I wasn’t bringing my baby farms in today and even if I did we’d be two helpers short anyway.

NINETEEN FUEL to arrive at a task I couldn’t do.

So, Nick.

1. Can we please remove the “mystery task” portion of these festivities? Please?

2. And can we please consider untying the other unknown-to-us-poor-players effects from the clouds and losing the clouds completely and forever? Please?

This sad tale is not quite over. We’re in a trial period after all and I’m a trooper!  I decided to try to do the last daily task of this set. Collect 43 green tokens. I am able to find three buildings nearby that would get me over the goal. I drive to the first which asks me to deliver goods to the second (convenient). I deliver and also do the task for shop 2 and then move off toward the third shop which will complete the daily task.

BOOM! The truck breaks down, and Maggie who clearly doesn’t know a wrench from a jack owes me more coins and vouchers - lots and lots of vouchers.

Please Nick. Begging here. The mystery tasks. The clouds.  The too-often broken down truck. Nick. I’m revealing the long-held secret that I have three thumbs just to emphasise how not-Hay-Day-Happy this makes me, Nick.

Please advocate for us. Please urge the devs to reconsider. Thanks.

What BG SAID, & so well that I’m not even going to try to type my version. She’s a weird three thumber but we loves her!, so please make her (and us) happy!
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Looking at the map Ting made my thoughts are that hoods should ignore the wilder areas and concentrate on the quarter at the top.
    If all the hood stays in roughly the same area then helping repair the broken trucks should, in theory, be easier.

Once the glitches are ironed out and we get our first full season it will be interesting to hear how hoods plan their strategies and if they work.
    Clover ’Girls' 20+ adult, male & female, English speaking players from around the world. 100+ cups in Champ League. Ten tasks @320/400 or opt out.
    Level 80+ please.
    Look for white dog, pink heart #2GPVQCVC

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Congrats TingHD for being a trailblazer and the first forumite to chase away the clouds and reveal the Valley. I'm inspired by your game play and will focus on chasing away the clouds instead of capturing the chickens.

---
    Lynn. Cloud Chaser
    June 26, 2019
    Am I the only one seeing a photo of a footballer in *TingHD's* picture?! Is there meant to be an image of the valley map there? I don't get it 🤷