Thread: Anyone remember watching the moon walk 50 years ago?

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything Tangntonic's Avatar

Anyone remember watching the moon walk 50 years ago?

Apollo 11 left for the moon July 16, 1969. Four days later Armstrong stepped onto the lunar surface. As a teenager I watched it happen. Anyone else on here remember that incredible day?

Joined game April, 2014
    Joined Forum Feb, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tangntonic View Post
    Apollo 11 left for the moon July 16, 1969. Four days later Armstrong stepped onto the lunar surface. As a teenager I watched it happen. Anyone else on here remember that incredible day?
    Believe it or not, I was not quite old enough
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I believe you, this time. ��

Joined game April, 2014
    Joined Forum Feb, 2016

I'm sure there's a clue here somewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangntonic View Post
    I remember all of us gathering around the black and white Zenith TV watching in amazement. A piece of history I will always remember.

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Believe it or not, I was not quite old enough
    Hahaha! Oh, wait, were you serious?

GASPs vs Forumers Scorecard

I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person. ― Audrey Hepburn

Hmm, I remember it too. Not going into how old I was🤣🤣

Farm Level 170. Town 51. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

I have goosebumps remembering! That was among the most amazing nights of my life. The whole family camped out all night in front of our black and white TV, parents in chairs, kids on the floor. Every now and then one or two of us would doze off, but Jules Bergman and Walter Cronkite (and maybe a brief snore from Dad when he dozed) would wake us up.

I dreamed of becoming an astronaut, or being on the dive-rescue team during splashdown, when I grew up. The moon landings were so wonderfully amazing.

Thank you, Tagntonic, for this post, and the wonderful memories you sparked.
    "As you wish."
    As You Wish: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UquVCYL4C0Q
    I love this game, and the people who create and play it.
    For the dis-gruntled: Nick Vujicic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc
    Happy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

I graduated from high school in 1969. My boyfriend and I parked my little red VW bug in the driveway at his house and ran in to watch the moon landing with his family. I had left the keys in the car...and it was stolen. I did get the car back a few days later with a crunched fender. However, the thieves took my graduation cap tassel which had been hanging from the rear view mirror. I didn’t get that back.

It seemed that there was something every summer “in those days” that had us glued to the TV for extended periods. My favorite was the olympics. They were more sports and less talk then.

Farm Level 123 | Town 40 | Achievements 141/144

Thank you! It was an amazing time, after the turmoils of the late sixties, we thought maybe their was hope, that anything was possible if we worked together. Doesn’t appear that way anymore.

Joined game April, 2014
    Joined Forum Feb, 2016

Just curious...do you really drink Tang? As I recollect, it was invented for space travel. It also was what was offered in the 60s by PSA Airlines (now Southwest) on their hot-pink-and-orange planes with the smiley face cockpits and "stewardesses" in hot pants. "Coffee, tea, or Tang!" I always chose Tang. My freshman year in college, a round trip ticket from San Francisco to Los Angeles was $30.

Farm Level 123 | Town 40 | Achievements 141/144