Thread: A Need for some Extensive Derby Understanding

A Need for some Extensive Derby Understanding

I am becoming more and more aware of how many Hay Day players do not understand how the derby works, not only the lower level players but even players over 100 level.

For example, we have a derby player that is very good at doing the tasks (champion level) but she got so worried about when a long time derby player left our hood. She thought the next week it would make our team short one player and less likely to win trophy. Apparently she had never noticed how the teams are matched.

Another example, a player says she is very busy and cannot do derby but if she opts in and does a couple of tasks, the points will at least help the team out some.

I had another 100 plus level player that said she cannot play the next week, to opt her out because she did not know how to.

There seem to be many players that are good farmers and very active but they not understand how derby works. Many go into derby and mess things up, making serious teammates upset. They think the person done it intentionally and kick that player out. That may seem like the best thing to do but think what it might do to the other player.

Many players that get kicked out like that can be very hurt seeing those bright red letters saying they been kicked out of the hood. They cannot understand why. They were active, donated, and helpful. They tried their best to fit in. Just not realized they caused a blown week for a serious derby team.

I feel that the Hay Day team need to do some publications, illustrations, video series, etc to explain in simple, how the derby works, demo on how to opt in/out, how to check if you are opted in derby, how to choose a hood with the proper level of derby, how to ask leader about derby rules or understand them when posted.... such as what is 320/10 required.

This may be a big undertaking but it could save many players from getting emotionally hurt over the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    I am becoming more and more aware of how many Hay Day players do not understand how the derby works, not only the lower level players but even players over 100 level.

For example, we have a derby player that is very good at doing the tasks (champion level) but she got so worried about when a long time derby player left our hood. She thought the next week it would make our team short one player and less likely to win trophy. Apparently she had never noticed how the teams are matched.

Another example, a player says she is very busy and cannot do derby but if she opts in and does a couple of tasks, the points will at least help the team out some.

I had another 100 plus level player that said she cannot play the next week, to opt her out because she did not know how to.

There seem to be many players that are good farmers and very active but they not understand how derby works. Many go into derby and mess things up, making serious teammates upset. They think the person done it intentionally and kick that player out. That may seem like the best thing to do but think what it might do to the other player.

Many players that get kicked out like that can be very hurt seeing those bright red letters saying they been kicked out of the hood. They cannot understand why. They were active, donated, and helpful. They tried their best to fit in. Just not realized they caused a blown week for a serious derby team.

I feel that the Hay Day team need to do some publications, illustrations, video series, etc to explain in simple, how the derby works, demo on how to opt in/out, how to check if you are opted in derby, how to choose a hood with the proper level of derby, how to ask leader about derby rules or understand them when posted.... such as what is 320/10 required.

This may be a big undertaking but it could save many players from getting emotionally hurt over the game.

There is is extensive documentation for all aspects of the game already, including tutorials in all supported languages

you can find everything in game in your settings, under help and support. Also, there is help directly for some aspects, like the farm helpers. You can tap the “?” And get more info

on the forum there is also helpshift

https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/hay-day/?p=web&l=en
    Last edited by WussyPuss; June 23rd, 2019 at 06:37 PM.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Pro Member
    All of this information is available in game. Sadly you can provide all the videos, information sites and tutorials a person could ever need, and still some people just wouldn't bother.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    All of this information is available in game. Sadly you can provide all the videos, information sites and tutorials a person could ever need, and still some people just wouldn't bother.
    Exactly what I was thinking. If they cannot find the opt out button in settings, how they going to find the help info.
    The help info in that link above be good to have handy when I get such question in game. Only problem is I cannot paste a link in the chat. trying to direct them is a waste of typing. I guess I just have to work on being more tolerable of the inevitable.

I have found that a large part of my job as leader is mentoring and educating my team on expectations and how the hood is run. You are absolutely right. Sometimes it makes you wonder how they ever got to the level they have achieved. It can be frustrating, but I find that most are very appreciative of their new found knowledge and understanding. Then there r always those that just never seem to get it. I had a high level newbie leave last week bc she said we could never win unless we lowered our 320 requirement to 300. Hmmm...interesting...we won! She started her own hood w some friends from her old hood. I wish her well.
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

It would be helpful (in my opinion) if a pinned message from the leader popped up during derby pause reminding players of the requirements and about opting out if unable to meet those requirements. A simple do you wish to play or opt out this week ..... tick one would also be simple.

This is might be a big ask but ...... if it could pop up in the farmers own language for them it would be very helpful.

this one message needs to be able to hold more characters than the pinned messages we can currently leave.

a tick box to say this message has been read and understood for each new player joining the neighbourhood would also be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alijay13 View Post
    It would be helpful (in my opinion) if a pinned message from the leader popped up during derby pause reminding players of the requirements and about opting out if unable to meet those requirements. A simple do you wish to play or opt out this week ..... tick one would also be simple.

This is might be a big ask but ...... if it could pop up in the farmers own language for them it would be very helpful.

this one message needs to be able to hold more characters than the pinned messages we can currently leave.

a tick box to say this message has been read and understood for each new player joining the neighbourhood would also be amazing.

“... In the farmers own language” would be quite impossible!

my hood is international. Most set game to English, in spite of English being a second or third language to them. Some farm in English knowing very little English.

the game has come a long way since inception with derby opt out options and tools.

i don’t think a weekly message about choosing current derby status is needed. This would be more of a hood management issue if your hood needs it.

sign a contract upon hood entry? Nope those same people won’t read that either
    Last edited by WussyPuss; July 8th, 2019 at 07:32 AM.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Pro Member
    People would not read, some of them probably can't read English, some of them assume that rules don't apply to them. Some of them most likely think you won't do anything about them breaking the rules anyway.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC