Thread: What stops us from carrying out actions when visiting bases?

What stops us from carrying out actions when visiting bases?

This is a question i have had for some time but could not think of a soild answer for. If I am visiting a base, what in the game stops me from being allowed to donate troops or accept joining requests. Yes something in the code but why does it need to prevent the actions from taking place.

Added last sentence after reading lawllypop comment which remindedme to add it

Thanks Crash/Creasy
    Last edited by Crash321; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:28 PM.
    Clashing at Adult Empire

i'd have to say some code if i had to guess.

Forum Veteran
    In a competitive & cloudless Legend League
    I am curious to know this answer too. You also can’t leave your clan, join a new one, report people on Global, watch replays, or send friendly challenges while visiting.
    👊🏼 Mister 008 and Rusher 008, Co-Leader of Venum Elite 👊🏼 Mister 008- TH12.5, 60/65/35
    Walls:
    224 marble, 76 zap
    PR: 5484 🏆 #4986 🌎 and #377 🇺🇸

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash321 View Post
    This is a question i have had for some time but could not think of a soild answer for. If I am visiting a base, what in the game stops me from being allowed to donate troops or accept joining requests. Yes something in the code but why does it need to prevent the actions from taking place.

Added last sentence after reading lawllypop comment which remindedme to add it

Thanks Crash/Creasy
    When you are looking in the mirror, what prevents you from manipulating the magic room behind the strange guy there?

When you are using a pair of binoculars, what prevents you from picking at the stones in front of the bird you are watching?

When you are at the cinema, why can't you control the actions of the main character as you see fit?

There are so many other questions that would be good to know the answers to.

Edit: Oh, the answer to the question is, of course, because the program prevents you from manipulating data that doesn't belong to you. You are allowed to read another players base data, but you are not allowed to change it. It's pretty easy to control this kind of stuff with a computer. Trust me, I'm a developer.

/Affront
    Last edited by Affront; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:20 PM.
    TH12-63/64/35|BH9-16.16.16.18.16.17.18.16.18.18.5/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post

Edit: Oh, the answer to the question is, of course, because the program prevents you from manipulating data that doesn't belong to you. You are allowed to read another players base data, but you are not allowed to change it.

/Affront
    But how is giving troops to someone while looking at somones base manipulating someone else's data ? If the troops are yours it's your data surely, it has no link to the base you are looking at. Just my thoughts on that bit.
    Clashing at Adult Empire

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash321 View Post
    But how is giving troops to someone while looking at somones base manipulating someone else's data ? If the troops are yours it's your data surely, it has no link to the base you are looking at. Just my thoughts on that bit.
    Well.. itís like that because itís programmed like that.

It should be changed, but hasnít, yet.

/Affront

Maybe a precaution?
    Completely lockout from all actions, while watching another base, to prevent someone using code-magic to manipulate something in said base through a backdoor?
    Last edited by Luicetarro; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:45 PM.

Forum Contender
    My bet is like Affront says, because that's how it works

It would also add a lot more test cases for when they change stuff.

Can you donate/report/invite etc etc etc
    while visiting a base/watching a raid/watching a replay etc etc etc

Lots of test cases, easier just to say NOPE

Yep, Affront is probably right.

While it could be changed, it would probably take a massive effort that could be put to things like content