Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clancastle 10 minute time limit

Quote Originally Posted by FaultGuy6 View Post
    I'd love to know what people find xp useful for. Maybe how active someone is? Then again, war stars, building lvls, and donation numbers already show that. So idk. Might as well go by how much tall grass the person's bb has.

As for th8s requesting max raid troops, that is something leadership should address.

Lastly... friend in need nets 280 gems total. That doesn't exactly break CoC. And it's used as a common reason for war donations to not count towards that achievement. Again...280 gems. Wow, you can buy a few potions. Or, whoa, you can take a day off one upgrade. Yet SC thinks it's something sacred to protect at all costs. Again, I don't get it.
    The only thing I know that people sometimes use xp for is to quickly assess someone's experience in the game. I've heard people say things like "I won't take a TH10 with a level below 80 (made up that number) because it means they rushed/gemmed/cheated/whatever. I would look extra closely at an absurdly low level TH10 (unless I knew it was a mini) but I don't have a blanket rule about it.

Anyway, my point is that people find value of things in the game that I don't, that's ok, and part of what makes Clash great, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPekka View Post
    Some arguments why 10 minute cc wait is important:
    - Preventing someone donating unlimited troops to level up xp way very fast
    - Preventing someone to request too much, and cluttering the clan chat also disturbing other members
    - Players should at least tried to attack dependenly without using cc troops everytime
    - Making people more managable in requesting, to plan better and accordingly what to requests and donate
    I think number 1 is a reasonable explanation.

But, it's also the most annoying thing in the game for me. I boost troops EVERY TIME I raid and that takes so much of the boost time away that I prefer to raid with goblins so I don't need to request troops very often.

I wish boosting the troops boosted the request time a bit. Not to zero but make it more inline with the time to cook troops with barracks boosted.
    Last edited by StormHeart; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:04 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Quote Originally Posted by FaultGuy6 View Post
    I'd love to know what people find xp useful for. Maybe how active someone is? Then again, war stars, building lvls, and donation numbers already show that. So idk. Might as well go by how much tall grass the person's bb has.

As for th8s requesting max raid troops, that is something leadership should address.

Lastly... friend in need nets 280 gems total. That doesn't exactly break CoC. And it's used as a common reason for war donations to not count towards that achievement. Again...280 gems. Wow, you can buy a few potions. Or, whoa, you can take a day off one upgrade. Yet SC thinks it's something sacred to protect at all costs. Again, I don't get it.
    It's not useful really. Mine is very high, around 262 because I just reached over 1 million donations. No, I wasn't in a request and go clan ever. I'm very proud of that btw so that's why I mentioned it. I will admit it.

I do kind of keep an eye on my friends XP that play the game. One was ahead of me but not any more. He has no idea I'm having a private competition with him on it. Because, as you implied, it doesn't matter.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

my dissent is that in the request for training potion to reduce cc request time it reduces the push for a clan to reach a higher level. the push clans make to level up perks is a long term revenue stream for sc

let's take a look at army management

first two armies are built and cc filled 10 minutes before you boost. attack #1. req #2. build army #3. attack #2. now you're building 40 min armies for each cc req. you can build 5 more armies (#4-#8) and put in 5 more req's while your boost lasts. army #8 will finish at end of hour. 5 min later req #8 goes thru

in 1 hr 10 min you make 8 attacks with one potion. if you chain potions it is 6 attacks each subsequent hour

maybe i'm just not hard core enough but 6 to 8 attacks per hour seems like a reasonable amount of quality attacks in an hour. unless you're just barching loot. at which point are you really doing attacks that need a cc?

Forum Elder
    Because instant satisfaction reduces long term desire for more. Making you wait for good things is the primal force that makes games like this compelling to play.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Because instant satisfaction reduces long term desire for more. Making you wait for good things is the primal force that makes games like this compelling to play.
    Eudaimonia is a far more fulfilling happiness than hedonia could ever be. Honestly, between the social aspect and engaging gameplay, waiting for good things is the last on my list for things that compel me to play.

A boost to cc wouldnt hurt. Especially considering Sc welcoming players with multiple accounts, some of those accounts being "donation accounts"

I get the micro transactions argument, but one could argue that more cc requests lead to more 1 gem donations. I have never gemmed my cc request time except for the one time I was making a last second war attack and accidentally left my prepared cc troops on guard, only to come back to an empty cc eek! My cc stays on perma sleep.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    Eudaimonia is a far more fulfilling happiness than hedonia could ever be. Honestly, between the social aspect and engaging gameplay, waiting for good things is the last on my list for things that compel me to play.

A boost to cc wouldnt hurt. Especially considering Sc welcoming players with multiple accounts, some of those accounts being "donation accounts"

I get the micro transactions argument, but one could argue that more cc requests lead to more 1 gem donations. I have never gemmed my cc request time except for the one time I was making a last second war attack and accidentally left my prepared cc troops on guard, only to come back to an empty cc eek! My cc stays on perma sleep.
    Hedonia and Eudaimonia, interesting to read about, thank you.

It is a fact that being made to wait for the reward amplifies the reward. Wait how long, seconds for sure.

Ten minutes for a fresh CC request? Yeah OK, I guess that is long, and annoying, if you are playing one account and using potions. Personally, when playing clan games for example and using potions, I do alternating attacks, with and without heroes and CC troops.

I also happen to often play with two accounts, alternating between them, because hero and CC waiting easily leaves enough time for the other account to do an attack. And yes, of course, it is great to have two accounts each donating to the other.

I also leave the CC and heroes on permanent sleep. They may save you a star and trophies in defense, but they don't save your resources enough to care about.

I think I agree with your request. Clan level perks should continue to reduce CC request waiting time.