Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How Am I Supposed to Deal with Not Being Able to Get All 8 Attacks In.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGrandWarden View Post
    This was my plan for this season, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. You are automatically in Legends if you finish at 5000 trophies or above.
    yes but if you simply don’t attack you will quickly drop out if it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHaYoGi View Post
    Don't sign up to the Legend League next season and attack at your own pace!
    As far as I know, if you reach 5000 trophies but you don't sign up for Legend League, then simply you can't attack until you lose enoug trophies being attacked to drop below 4900 trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    It's not much of a game. It never was. It's highly addictive and isn't even much fun. Had I never downloaded it life would be better. Unfortunately I rarely give up on things once I start them. If you are really upset use this opportunity to delete the game and never return.
    Err..what? Out of all the things we have that are addictive these days, from smoking/vaping to alcohol to gambling to other games that have lootboxes and gacha, Clash of Clans is the killer? There's no real gambling aspect. No outside chemicals going into your brain. Heck, the upgrade times and time to train/regenerate troops encourages taking breaks.

By all means uninstall the game if you don't find it fun anymore. But most people do not feel the same way about this kind of game. There's an incredibly deep strategy component to the game and with decent social support. Even if you feel like you can't uninstall it because of sunk cost and all that, it's not even game that encourages spending money to stay up to date unlike a LOT of gacha/lootbox games these days so the worst you lose is some time in your day.
    I've been Clashing for 5 years and was a base builder for various clans in CWL and German Midweek League. I enjoy base building to the point that if you want advice on your base, just send me a message

Quote Originally Posted by gregenstein View Post
    The badge may have been nice for recruiting, but let's be honest...very few people went into Legends league without knowing the more time you could spend online, the better you would do. In fact, that was the only way to do well in the previous system.

I suspect now it won't be too much different. Get yourself a good defensive base design so you don't lose bunches of cups each attack, and attack when you can. You'll probably still hang out in low legends league if you can do 5 or so of the attacks each day, which without clouding, shouldn't be hard. I am guessing most people hanging out in low legends are doing it for farming; not true pushing. So you'll probably have a bunch of like minded individuals all crowded around 5000-5200 cups.
    My thoughts too. This will be the first full season so let's see what happens. If you can maintain in low legends without doing 8 full attacks then that's a win IMO.

If you can't make the same commitment as others in terms of attack numbers, and you can't make up the difference with skill, then you can't expect to stay as high as them. I'll be in that boat many times
    🎚️236 🏆6074 ⭐1773 ⚫37m 🏦1b 🔥18k 🦅6.3k

Quote Originally Posted by t1ny View Post
    My thoughts too. This will be the first full season so let's see what happens. If you can maintain in low legends without doing 8 full attacks then that's a win IMO.

If you can't make the same commitment as others in terms of attack numbers, and you can't make up the difference with skill, then you can't expect to stay as high as them. I'll be in that boat many times
    So what’s the difference between T1 and low legends....same casual farming player. Again the only difference is the shiny purple badge for recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanefire View Post
    My Legend League Day starts at 9PM my time. By the time I wake up in the morning, I'm showing 5-7 defenses. I am a busy person with kids and business so sometimes can't get all attacks in. Other days, I'm done with my attacks in just a couple hours and twiddling my thumbs.

If I can't get all attacks in, do I just lose trophies for this???

I see that I can set the shield before the day starts, but what if I don't know I won't be available, should I just shield every night anyways? What if I have to take 2 days off, do I just defend 16 times with no ability to prevent this?
    The real question is how did you get anywhere in the old model??? No time + mode that required constantly being online == you didn't place very high

Down the road, over the hill, across the lake, through the forest, under da sea, in a Whirlpool ^_^
    This is a great idea! Perhaps the best I've seen yet for this issue. Funny enough, on another thread I asked, what's really the difference between sitting in clouds for 30 mins or waiting 30 mins for an army...I might have well been Donald Trump at a Democratic convention... lol, obviously there is some, but the difference isn't so great to be cool with such a flawed solution to the clouds problem.

Or even a legends league shop where you can spend your legend trophies for power potions / training potions so you can pump through it.

Otherwise its like a solid 2 hours on the iPad every day for a month, too much imo.. for my current style...
    Stalk me on Instagram @Clash.With.Realm (100k+ followers)

level 300 - 31m dark - 45k unbreakable - 13
    k infernos - 26k xbows
    7k eagles - 101/102 achievements - 1.4b spoils - 3.5k stars - Full Stats

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Or even a legends league shop where you can spend your legend trophies for power potions / training potions so you can pump through it.

Otherwise its like a solid 2 hours on the iPad every day for a month, too much imo.. for my current style...
    Where do you get 2 hours from? It doesn't take 2 hours to do 8 attacks spread throughout the day.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    ...The fact you personally think it a "terrible solution" doesn't mean it is. That of course, is a matter of opinion, and few seem to share yours.

But the second part of your statement is simply false. And that is NOT a matter of opinion, it is fact that it was NOT a remotely simple problem.
    If we are being the fact/opinion police, I gotta point out that, technically, your "fact" is an opinion too.

If we are being the fact/opinion police, I gotta point out that, technically, your "fact" is an opinion too.
    There's a thread on here hundreds of pages long that I think pretty definitively establishes that clouds were not a "simple problem".

There have been hundreds of "simple solutions" suggested on here over the years - every week, at least, another would pop up, but the only common point between them was that they were wrong.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e