Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are you excited for The Valley update???????

Quote Originally Posted by gizmospike View Post
    Well this post blew up. I wasn't expecting all the responses to my question. I'm sorry that so many of you are not looking forward to the update. It actually makes me kind of sad. I've been playing since January 2014. My main farm is level 181 with a goal of 200 by the end of the year. I also have multiple other farms ranging from 102 down to level 12. To say that I love this game is an understatement. I started playing it because I needed something to help me with my anxiety. I am always pumped for the updates no matter what. I guess it's because I just enjoy the excitement of getting something new. I have liked all the updates whether they were big like the Derby or just ones where we got some new crops and production items. I just enjoy the game evolving. The only update I haven't liked is Maggie. I despise her. I've used her maybe 5 times and really only because I wanted the rainbow stand and a blue truck cab. I agree she is there to suck our money both in game and out. Anyways I can not wait until the update which hopefully is tomorrow. I think everyone is going to love it from what I've seen. I am also a little scared though as well. My expectations are so high I hope I'm not let down. I'd love if everyone would come back and post after whenever it gets released to see what u all think.

PS: Someone asked what a Content Creator was. In a nutshell us CC's make videos on the game. Tips on how to play etc. Several of us also Live Stream the game as well and u can basically come to a stream and chat while we play. It's actually really fun. I live stream myself but I also go to others streams too. 
    There is nothing wrong with the thread, Gizmo, and the question needed to be asked. Those of us who have not responded as you expected have done so out of love for our farms. We depend on the forums to provide a venue where we can thoughtfully speak in-depth truth as we see it.

I scrolled back through the News forum to revisit the Sneak Peeks for a number of previous updates. Generally each Peek received between 30 and 100+ responses. This time, no Peek has received more than 10 responses. To me, that reads "We're being polite...just bring on the update and we'll see what happens." There's very little energy being generated. Even in the FaceBook posts, the responses have reverted to "join our NH" and "where are the scrolls?" Traditionally, the Peeks covered a variety of things, so that each one generated its own buzz (except for things like the repeated Peeks for each baby sanctuary animal). This time, there's only one thing being hyped. I'm waiting to see what other everyday improvements will be included in the update.

As Eturtle said, I'm feeling old (who am I kidding, I am old) and so far the discord site and the youtube videos that I have tried have not interested me. Your suggestion of farming while live streaming and chatting does sound intriguing. There are a lot of us here who are not social media farmers--and don't want to be! I can't tell if the marketing in the in-game news of twitter and youtube is drawing farmers away from the forums, but it doesn't seem like it. As far as I can tell, there is nothing out there like our forums for in-depth, focused discussion.

Thank you for starting the thread. You may feel like it "blew up", but if so, it's been in a needed manner.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; June 23rd, 2019 at 11:44 PM.

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

Quote Originally Posted by brundle56uk View Post
    I'm sick of these silly sneak peeks, just release the update for goodness sake
    Yes yes yes yes

The thread is just fine, gizmospike!

we forumers are a hardened and cynical bunch. At times we feel like we are the last ones to know stuff and some things are never posted here, so when stuff goes up it is not easy to see. As it is, hype must be spread across some 10 different threads, at the moment.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything Tangntonic's Avatar
    Agree with the many others who are weary, cautious, burned out by previous disappointments. As much as Ive enjoyed many of the new features added over the years, at this point Id be much happier if theyd address and fix the many little annoying glitches. Rose & Earnest were a good idea thats never quite functioned as wed like. Very tired of the pet names popping up constantly, let us turn that feature off. Endless problems with the honey tree and the neighborhood train. It really becomes disheartening to us long time players. So yes I wish I was more excited about an update, but I fear itll be just more problems to deal with.
    Last edited by Tangntonic; June 24th, 2019 at 01:17 AM.

Joined game April, 2014
    Joined Forum Feb, 2016

I should have probably clarified. I meant "blew up" in a good way. lol. Not in a bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the thread, Gizmo, and the question needed to be asked. Those of us who have not responded as you expected have done so out of love for our farms. We depend on the forums to provide a venue where we can thoughtfully speak in-depth truth as we see it.

I scrolled back through the News forum to revisit the Sneak Peeks for a number of previous updates. Generally each Peek received between 30 and 100+ responses. This time, no Peek has received more than 10 responses. To me, that reads "We're being polite...just bring on the update and we'll see what happens." There's very little energy being generated. Even in the FaceBook posts, the responses have reverted to "join our NH" and "where are the scrolls?" Traditionally, the Peeks covered a variety of things, so that each one generated its own buzz (except for things like the repeated Peeks for each baby sanctuary animal). This time, there's only one thing being hyped. I'm waiting to see what other everyday improvements will be included in the update.

As Eturtle said, I'm feeling old (who am I kidding, I am old) and so far the discord site and the youtube videos that I have tried have not interested me. Your suggestion of farming while live streaming and chatting does sound intriguing. There are a lot of us here who are not social media farmers--and don't want to be! I can't tell if the marketing in the in-game news of twitter and youtube is drawing farmers away from the forums, but it doesn't seem like it. As far as I can tell, there is nothing out there like our forums for in-depth, focused discussion.

Thank you for starting the thread. You may feel like it "blew up", but if so, it's been in a needed manner.

I just want to clarify that when I said "blew up" I meant it in a positive way. I was super excited to see that my question generated so many responses. I am totally cool with some of you not being excited, or leary etc for the update. I totally get that. And I absolutely love hearing that feedback.

I am truly very excited for the update! I mean, yes, people will still complain, but will that ever stop?... NO! The REAL Hay Day players will not always love every single new feature or detail, but we give things a chance and speak our minds on how things can improve. I hope that the update brings joy to the Hay Day community, and not tear it apart even more, as it seems now with the endless “I need scrolls!” and “I need diamonds!” comments. I hope everyone enjoys this feature, or at least gets to understand it before claiming anything.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmospike View Post
    I just want to clarify that when I said "blew up" I meant it in a positive way. I was super excited to see that my question generated so many responses. I am totally cool with some of you not being excited, or leary etc for the update. I totally get that. And I absolutely love hearing that feedback.
    I was excited when Ilkka Paananen published a blog on the Supercell website on February 12, 2019 that "...there is something big cooking for Hay Day, but it will still take a while to for us to get that out..." That Team Hay Day has been working on the upcoming update since they released the last update in December 2018 would indicate to me how important it is because the developers already spent about six months working and refining the final product, IMO.

But no matter how excited I feel about the new update, my excitement level can't match yours because I wasn't invited to SC HQ last month and perhaps given a preview of the new update. I'm speculating that the Non Disclosure Agreement you and your fellow Youtubers signed will not permit any of you to confirm or deny the above speculation.

I think it's a good thing that a high level farmer like you is super excited about the new update.

---
    Lynn
    June 23, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; June 24th, 2019 at 05:39 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Fresh Spawn
    I am, but also sceptical these updates always seem really good but tend to be a damp squid in the end. If it's a whole new area are we back to unlocking land with tools we never get.

Under maintenance - try back in 45 minutes!