Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you excited for The Valley update???????

I completely echo MiniGardener - very underwhelmed - we need gameplay and strategy -and where is the long promised AMOOZING DEVELOPMENT OFF THE BEACH - and oh yes please can we have 2 more horses for the last stable - we’ve been asking for years!

Farm 292 - Town 96

Barn 15,300 - Silo 14,100
    kik: perky76

Iím excited to give it a try, but thatís it. Iím fairly new to the game and I was excited for boosters. Boosters could have been great but they screwed that up because they want to nickel and dime us to death. They couldnít give us any information early on other than the three new currencies theyíre going to continue to nickel and dime us to death with. Again, Iím excited to give this a try but I donít want to be disappointed

Centennial Club
    I have some misgivings about having a second farm market area and wonder how that will fit in with the first, namely the TOWN. (The latter has been so beleaguered with glitches that I have given up the Derby (used to love the townie tasks) and moved out of my 30-member hood, essentially winding down all play.)

But that said, there are indications that this update actually involves new game-playing features hopefully with new strategizing requirements (ie that it goes beyond the obvious diamond grab of the Maggie update) — and I applaud that.

I can wait for the developers to try to get this done right. I actually think their focusing all their energy on this since January was a good sign. I figure that a huge amount rests on the success of this update, and I think they are giving it their best effort, so I wish them (and us) luck.

As for the sneak peeks, I think they are cute and fun and the graphics are very nicely done.

I couldn't agree more!!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Curious but the excitement wore out a while back when it became obvious that all the development energy was going into one “big” thing. If there had been an effort to keep our spirits up with small things along the way, we might be less cautious; but it’s been a long time since the word came out that there would be no spring update with minimal communication. Knowing that there would be a long dry spell from January to June, the team could have still programmed into the last update basic things that offered minimal novelty for events, the Derby and decor.

I think a lot of us are more worried than excited. The major features that have been introduced since the original Derby update have mostly fallen flat and remained unimproved in favor of the next new feature. We’re tired of new features that don’t offer significant options for different game play.
    • Maggie has potential, but nothing was added to her choices at the last update. The least we could have gotten were winter options for the house and RSS. That should have been a no-brainer.
    • The sanctuary is just a large decoration with pets. The only reason I collected all the puzzle pieces was to get the plants that came with each animal. The fact that we couldn’t choose what puzzle to complete with the pieces we earned was a killer. That meant there was no strategy involved. (I’m worried that the new valley’s currencies will be hard-wired in a similar way that minimizes farmer choice.)

These features offer choices in how I manage my farm, but they haven’t received any upgrades in a while.

• Boosters are okay, but I mostly trash them since there is no option to activate them rather than swap/trash.
    • Edit feature is something I was really looking forward to, but it is unwieldy.
    • Rose and Ernest, meh. I use Ernest occasionally when there is a freebie, but Rose is too thorny a problem to manage.

We all have been waiting for town upgrades and we’re much encouraged by the fabulous remake of the town hall. However, it looks like town planning has been abandoned in favor of the valley. Same with the fishing lake.

So, I’m very glad that all you Content Creators got a nice trip to Helsinki and a preview of the sneak peeks, and I’m happy for all the farmers who live for social media to be getting so much of SC’s attention on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube with things like the glitzy video of the animals in the truck. We long-time farmers are patient; we’ve learned it by farming. I’ll wait to see if this new update is more than bling across the river.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagon View Post
    As you say, the bits don't say very much yet .. Excitement on hold until we find out what we need to do etc.

So they worked really long on this update, they even made a video to advertise the valley... They are giving us little chunks of sneak peeks.. So they must be really sure that this update will amaze us all... Why would they spend otherwise so much effort for this update? Or are they feeling bad for beeing not productive the last months and don't want to lose players, is it that's why they hype this update so much? This all makes me suspicious.. This hype can only mean 2 things: either its a big thing everyone will fall in love or its a big meeeeh which they try to cover up with glitter.

I’m not excited at all. Former updates have accomplished that. Hoping that you can use and receive rewards from the Valley as a single player as much as players in big neighboorhouds playing together. Also hope this won’t affect town as well. Would love that they would add some small improvements as well besides the big Valley update, like 1 or 2 new animals in sanctuary, new fish in fishbook, new building(s) in town, some new products (made with current machines) etc. Because if this new feature isn’t anything I like, then I haven’t seen anything new to play with in HayDay for months.
    Farm level 148. Town level 43. KIK: Namoh1
    Achievements 143/144. Pets: 56/56. Fish: 172/172.
    Lobster pool and duck salon fully expanded.
    Masteries 35/35!!
    Trusted trader, more then 11k+ positive trades. Scammers should be banned!

Remembering 8 years of being part of this wonderful forum
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Curious but the excitement wore out a while back when it became obvious that all the development energy was going into one ďbigĒ thing. If there had been an effort to keep our spirits up with small things along the way, we might be less cautious; but itís been a long time since the word came out that there would be no spring update with minimal communication. Knowing that there would be a long dry spell from January to June, the team could have still programmed into the last update basic things that offered minimal novelty for events, the Derby and decor.

I think a lot of us are more worried than excited. The major features that have been introduced since the original Derby update have mostly fallen flat and remained unimproved in favor of the next new feature. Weíre tired of new features that donít offer significant options for different game play.
    • Maggie has potential, but nothing was added to her choices at the last update. The least we could have gotten were winter options for the house and RSS. That should have been a no-brainer.
    • The sanctuary is just a large decoration with pets. The only reason I collected all the puzzle pieces was to get the plants that came with each animal. The fact that we couldnít choose what puzzle to complete with the pieces we earned was a killer. That meant there was no strategy involved. (Iím worried that the new valleyís currencies will be hard-wired in a similar way that minimizes farmer choice.)

These features offer choices in how I manage my farm, but they havenít received any upgrades in a while.

• Boosters are okay, but I mostly trash them since there is no option to activate them rather than swap/trash.
    • Edit feature is something I was really looking forward to, but it is unwieldy.
    • Rose and Ernest, meh. I use Ernest occasionally when there is a freebie, but Rose is too thorny a problem to manage.

We all have been waiting for town upgrades and weíre much encouraged by the fabulous remake of the town hall. However, it looks like town planning has been abandoned in favor of the valley. Same with the fishing lake.

So, Iím very glad that all you Content Creators got a nice trip to Helsinki and a preview of the sneak peeks, and Iím happy for all the farmers who live for social media to be getting so much of SCís attention on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube with things like the glitzy video of the animals in the truck. We long-time farmers are patient; weíve learned it by farming. Iíll wait to see if this new update is more than bling across the river.
    Likewise......

Farm Level 204. Town 61.😊
    Please PM for farm ID and KIK for after forum closes.

Quote Originally Posted by Namoh View Post
    I’m not excited at all. Former updates have accomplished that. Hoping that you can use and receive rewards from the Valley as a single player as much as players in big neighboorhouds playing together. Also hope this won’t affect town as well. Would love that they would add some small improvements as well besides the big Valley update, like 1 or 2 new animals in sanctuary, new fish in fishbook, new building(s) in town, some new products (made with current machines) etc. Because if this new feature isn’t anything I like, then I haven’t seen anything new to play with in HayDay for months.
    I agree. The hype-leading-to-letdown of former updates has conditioned us to not get our hopes up. I am looking forward to the not-so-big elements of the update (maybe those Clydesdales!) as much as the new valley.

In my Hay Day dreams...

• My truck will actually look like "my truck" when it travels to Hay Day valley rather than a generic truck selected by the team.
    • The green farmer icons will be my neighbors and the yellow farmer icons will be my friends. (The red icon might be me.)
    • The new tokens are the currency for the long-requested catalog/shop where we can actually choose what reward we want based on how much of the required currency we've saved.
    • There will be a bank where we can save our tokens.
    • There will be a shop where we can sell our farm products (for tokens) or trade them to friends' and neighbors' trucks. (The long-requested method of transferring goods without going through the RSS.)
    • As we open sections of the valley (or if it's a game board), we will be able to do the layout ourselves. At the very minimum, I hope to be able to design the areas around the roads and buildings.

While I may not be "excited", I have been checking in about every 5 minutes for days!
    Last edited by MiniGardener; June 23rd, 2019 at 03:14 PM.

Farm Level 142 | Town 45 | Achievements 147/150

Yes I am. I am looking forward to a new dimension to the game. There are not many games that keep evolving as this one does and I thank the supercell team for that.

Pro Member
    I am excited and apprehensive at the same time. I am hopeful that it will be tomorrow so that I can stop with the"worst case scenario" thoughts that sneak into my head because of all the waiting.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

I don’t like hype, speculation or guessing, so I try to avoid it. I don’t want to bash the update yet either. Most updates come with something great, even if it needs some tweaks to make it better.

i am lucky that updates roll out when I am sleeping and lucky for me, I am working tomorrow during all of the speed bumps and maintenance. I won’t see it all until late