Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you excited for The Valley update???????

Cool Are you excited for The Valley update???????

I need to know if everyone is as excited as me about The Valley update. All these pieces that they keep releasing, while they don't tell us much, also say a whole lot. I would love to know if you all are excited and what you all think of the this update that will hopefully be here very soon.

Not excited so far, will need to see it before any other opinion.

Just hope it is worth the wait and not a big blaah.

As a long time player I have learned to wait and see. Less chance of disappointment that way. Not a fan of the little tidbits thrown at us, just do it already. More annoying then enticing, imo.
    Level 131

Curious but the excitement wore out a while back when it became obvious that all the development energy was going into one “big” thing. If there had been an effort to keep our spirits up with small things along the way, we might be less cautious; but it’s been a long time since the word came out that there would be no spring update with minimal communication. Knowing that there would be a long dry spell from January to June, the team could have still programmed into the last update basic things that offered minimal novelty for events, the Derby and decor.

I think a lot of us are more worried than excited. The major features that have been introduced since the original Derby update have mostly fallen flat and remained unimproved in favor of the next new feature. We’re tired of new features that don’t offer significant options for different game play.
    • Maggie has potential, but nothing was added to her choices at the last update. The least we could have gotten were winter options for the house and RSS. That should have been a no-brainer.
    • The sanctuary is just a large decoration with pets. The only reason I collected all the puzzle pieces was to get the plants that came with each animal. The fact that we couldn’t choose what puzzle to complete with the pieces we earned was a killer. That meant there was no strategy involved. (I’m worried that the new valley’s currencies will be hard-wired in a similar way that minimizes farmer choice.)

These features offer choices in how I manage my farm, but they haven’t received any upgrades in a while.

• Boosters are okay, but I mostly trash them since there is no option to activate them rather than swap/trash.
    • Edit feature is something I was really looking forward to, but it is unwieldy.
    • Rose and Ernest, meh. I use Ernest occasionally when there is a freebie, but Rose is too thorny a problem to manage.

We all have been waiting for town upgrades and we’re much encouraged by the fabulous remake of the town hall. However, it looks like town planning has been abandoned in favor of the valley. Same with the fishing lake.

So, I’m very glad that all you Content Creators got a nice trip to Helsinki and a preview of the sneak peeks, and I’m happy for all the farmers who live for social media to be getting so much of SC’s attention on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube with things like the glitzy video of the animals in the truck. We long-time farmers are patient; we’ve learned it by farming. I’ll wait to see if this new update is more than bling across the river.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; June 23rd, 2019 at 12:03 AM.

Farm Level 142 | Town 45 | Achievements 147/150

Ditto and double ditto all this:

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Curious but the excitement wore out a while back when it became obvious that all the development energy was going into one “big” thing. If there had been an effort to keep our spirits up with small things along the way, we might be less cautious; but it’s been a long time since the word came out that there would be no spring update with minimal communication. Knowing that there would be a long dry spell from January to June, the team could have still programmed into the last update basic things that offered minimal novelty for events, the Derby and decor.

I think a lot of us are more worried than excited. The major features that have been introduced since the original Derby update have mostly fallen flat and remained unimproved in favor of the next new feature. We’re tired of new features that don’t offer significant options for different game play.
    • Maggie has potential, but nothing was added to her choices at the last update. The least we could have gotten were winter options for the house and RSS. That should have been a no-brainer.
    • The sanctuary is just a large decoration with pets. The only reason I collected all the puzzle pieces was to get the plants that came with each animal. The fact that we couldn’t choose what puzzle to complete with the pieces we earned was a killer. That meant there was no strategy involved. (I’m worried that the new valley’s currencies will be hard-wired in a similar way that minimizes farmer choice.)

These features offer choices in how I manage my farm, but they haven’t received any upgrades in a while.

• Boosters are okay, but I mostly trash them since there is no option to activate them rather than swap/trash.
    • Edit feature is something I was really looking forward to, but it is unwieldy.
    • Rose and Ernest, meh. I use Ernest occasionally when there is a freebie, but Rose is too thorny a problem to manage.

We all have been waiting for town upgrades and we’re much encouraged by the fabulous remake of the town hall. However, it looks like town planning has been abandoned in favor of the valley. Same with the fishing lake.

So, I’m very glad that all you Content Creators got a nice trip to Helsinki and a preview of the sneak peeks, and I’m happy for all the farmers who live for social media to be getting so much of SC’s attention on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube with things like the glitzy video of the animals in the truck. We long-time farmers are patient; we’ve learned it by farming. I’ll wait to see if this new update is more than bling across the river.

Farm level: 241 Silo 11,850 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    ďI think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: ďThe scarecrow made me do itĒ. Quote accredited to dtx275

Quote Originally Posted by gizmospike View Post
    I need to know if everyone is as excited as me about The Valley update. All these pieces that they keep releasing, while they don't tell us much, also say a whole lot. I would love to know if you all are excited and what you all think of the this update that will hopefully be here very soon.
    As you say, the bits don't say very much yet .. Excitement on hold until we find out what we need to do etc.
    Last edited by Cowslips; June 23rd, 2019 at 06:27 AM.

Iím happily looking forward to seeing what the team has created, and hope it will add many years of lovely, non-competitive, stress-free depth to the game I already love. Iím not running around in an intensity of hyperventilating excitement - Iím too world-worn for that - but I am looking forward to discovering those delightful creative bits that enchant me, bring smiles and keep me quietly, happily playing.
    Last edited by AsYouWish; June 23rd, 2019 at 01:23 AM.
    "As you wish."
    As You Wish: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UquVCYL4C0Q
    I love this game, and the people who create and play it.
    For the dis-gruntled: Nick Vujicic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc
    Happy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Mostly what Mini said.
    Still love the game but spend far less time playing these days, mostly for the reasons she states.

But also liked AsYouWish “I’m not running around in an intensity of hyperventilating excitement - I’m too world-worn for that - but I am looking forward to discovering those delightful creative bits that enchant me, bring smiles and keep me quietly, happily playing.”

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post

Last edited by PoppyA; June 23rd, 2019 at 06:28 AM.
    Level 152, Town 45
    always working on barn and town

Yes I am. Even knowing there might be glitches. 🙈 Even having faced the meh-ness of the sanctuary.🙊 Even though it canít possibly be all that I want it to be. 🙉 Yes. Unabashedly excited and waiting for tomorrow. 😄 So it had better be tomorrow or there will be pain and I donít mean mine and yes thatís a (completely ineffective yet somehow very satisfying) threat. 😈

I agree with Mini, As you wish AND BostonGirl three quite different views in some ways, but similar in others and Iím a bit of each

But the over riding thought is Ďjust get on with it alreadyí itís been ages in the making and itís been built up beyond its ability to deliver lets just get in with it