Thread: Quality of life upgrades to production buildings and other things

Exclamation Quality of life upgrades to production buildings and other things

I have several ideas for "QoL" or Quality of Life" update ideas... One would be a HUGE help to farmers who cant pay when they play.

I've frequently come across issues where my barn does not have enough space (even at 375 capacity) because I have so many building upgrade items and tree/bush items... So I had an idea... What if you added mastery stars for the animal pens and with each star mastered (say 1 output, 2 experience, 3 time, same as buildings) with 1 you can upgrade product output... When you get 2 you can upgrade the exp gain... And with 3 you can upgrade time... Each one you can unlock with a new star and upgrade using barn, silo, town parts, and axes/saws. It would be a massive undertaking but also a MASSIVE help to many players.

Another thing I have a suggestion on is visitors... Every sale to them only yields 5 xp every time no matter the request... It was useful at low levels but not anymore with me being almost level 45... I say make the xp better and make it vary with more items or more expensive items being worth more xp instead of just more coin... Who wants to sell them 15 saws for a little over 200 coin and 5 xp? Definitely not me...

The mastery star idea could be used to make production buildings better too... For each part upgrade you could add... Instead of being stuck with too long to wait or too little cash or xp, one could use building parts to upgrade coin xp and time even further depending on the star level currently obtained... If you made it so each selected upgrade (say for coin at 1 star) could boost the profit from 10 percent to 12.5, then again to 15 and so on... Until you are able to max out coin, xp, and time at 50 percent... You have to select which you want to upgrade of course and only do 1 at a time just like with town building... You could even use this system to add more production slots instead of always using gems for every time you need or want to do this.

Please let me know what you think... Eager to hear your opinions on this...

From a long LONG time player...

Pokefanatic95 of pokefanatic95s farm

1) I would not have been a fan of having to "upgrade" my animal pens. It is hard enough for players to get the upgrade items for the barn and silo, only to have them sucked up by animal pens. Not having enough space in your barn is part of the game, it is resource management. I have learned to sell what I know I can get more of quickly. The first thing I look for is maps, axes and dynamite.
    2) After you get that visitor achievement you can ignore them. Until then I tell my neighbors to only sell easy to grow crops. Keep a ton of wheat in your silo and that is what they will ask for.
    3) Again I am not a fan of anything that takes upgrade items away from barn and silo.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    1) I would not have been a fan of having to "upgrade" my animal pens. It is hard enough for players to get the upgrade items for the barn and silo, only to have them sucked up by animal pens. Not having enough space in your barn is part of the game, it is resource management. I have learned to sell what I know I can get more of quickly. The first thing I look for is maps, axes and dynamite.
    2) After you get that visitor achievement you can ignore them. Until then I tell my neighbors to only sell easy to grow crops. Keep a ton of wheat in your silo and that is what they will ask for.
    3) Again I am not a fan of anything that takes upgrade items away from barn and silo.

Reply:
    I don't think it HAS to be barn or silo parts... could be town parts too. I have what I need in my barn and silo... but not always enough parts to immediately upgrade... so when I have extras of each part that I don't plan on using (most of the time being town, because I get way too many town parts I don't want or need) you could use them to upgrade pens... what did you think about the upgradable production buildings idea? I just thought the ideas would be helpful for level ups, coins, and time they take to make, as when as boosting production queues. I'm curious to know your opinion as you are the first to respond to my post...
    Last edited by Cowslips; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:40 PM. Reason: Swearing

So many new farmers give up on Hay Day early on because they never master the patience that it takes to build the farm slowly. They see the land, barn, silo and town as needing all these materials to upgrade and they just don't drop fast in the game. So if you added in the 14 animal pens and the ?? production buildings... I just think it would be too much. So while I understand it from your prospective and mine as higher level farmers. I also see it from the prospective of a new farmer because I just started a second farm. I am now feeling the stress of needing those items for my new spa and my barn upgrade which is soooo close. I would not have started the second farm if I knew my upgrade items would be spread even thinner.

I do wish we had the option of getting more production slots with coins instead of just diamonds. I think for higher levels especially that would be WONDERFUL as we tend to have more coins than we can possibly spend.

I still think the best option for being uneven with upgrade items is to trade within your neighborhood when you get close. OR just keep selling your excess till you get the items you need.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Why, when your barn is ‘tiny’ 375/12,000 (IS ‘tiny’) would you want to ‘spend’ your expansion materials on anything else? My barn is a lot bigger & I still don’t want to ‘waste’ expansion items on other things (tackle box/coin upgrades on town buildings) ... I wouldn’t mind using the ‘town items’ though.

However, your idea to ‘use up’ things out of your barn to make space is a short term solution to an ongoing issue which is barn/ stock management. The core of the game.

i think you should look up Tigga’s thread about stacking, I think it would help you.

Visitors to my farm very seldom get anything other than wheat. As you get a bigger silo they ask for a lot of wheat (if you keep the level of wheat much higher than anything else) and increasing the XP a bit wouldn’t make me any more inclined to sell anything else to them. Since the Valley opened and I’ve had to grow a lot of corn & carrots etc I've reluctantly allowed them to buy some, just to make a chunk of space quickly, but despite having a lot of coins, I hate their cheeky ‘pricing’ I wish we could price the stuff ourselves.

I think another issue re upgrading animal pens etc would be the monumental amount of whinging by lower level farmers re the Derby tasks being unfair because they haven’t been able to upgrade theirs yet (and I’d understand their upset to a degree)

i think things are much more carefully balanced than SC gets the credit for and some ideas would just throw all of that we’ll out.

Trading is definitely the way forward to exchange your excess upgrade items for the ones you need. Have you checked out the Trading Thread?
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)