Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clock tower cool down time inaccurate

Clock tower cool down time inaccurate

Anyone else having a problem with the clock tower mysteriously gaining extra time before you can use it again? I have 2 BH accounts and I start boost at the same time. These past 2 days I have logged into my accounts after a 7 hour cooldown and one account is ready to go but the other still has over an hour and a half till the next boost. This has happened before and is quite the annoyance, but it has never happened on consecutive days till now. The other thing is that this glitch only happens on one account and not the other. Any other victims or do I have to remove my tin foil hat?

my clock tower has always worked, i think the attack times went a little weird for me at the end of the event (11 hrs once instead of 8, right at the end) but no complaints. hope its just you! (i am android if it matters)

There was a thread about this a while back, I can't find it now (too many through which to sift). Someone said that time is added every time you log on to an account, a few seconds I think.

Between my 2 main accounts the time might get skewed by a couple of minutes, but never comes close to your hour and a half. That's odd.

It happened to me once or twice before. Same thing, two accounts, virtually identical in terms of timing. Then it happened. We are talking about an hour+ delay on one account so the login alone couldn't have done that (although I log on to both of them pretty equally anyway). This was a while back and I gemmed to compensate because... OCD. It hasn't happened in quite some time now so I decided to let it go. Figured it's somewhat an isolated occurrences (or close enough).

Leader: Thaiphoon COC

Quote Originally Posted by Tribul View Post
    There was a thread about this a while back, I can't find it now (too many through which to sift). Someone said that time is added every time you log on to an account, a few seconds I think.

Between my 2 main accounts the time might get skewed by a couple of minutes, but never comes close to your hour and a half. That's odd.
    This problem is because of the defective manner in which this game was designed.

Your builder base is also linked to the main base, so every time the game pulls your data for another player to view, it pauses their internal counter clock for your base (it is not event based). Note that you may not be attacked, but the act of having your base offered means you are "losing" time, for building, research, and the clock tower.

In the last month or so, supercell has done something to alter their offering algorithm. If you haven't gotten a shield in several days you seem to be non-stopped offered to other players endlessly - no offer limit.

Today I have gotten 24 "defends" from trophy droppers in 15 hours - going from less than 3200 to over 3700 in those drops (572 trophy gain). The actual number of just views is probably more than ten times higher - every time I have logged in today someone was viewing my base but did not attack.

My original clock tower refresh should have been at around 8:50pm today and now will not occur until around 10:25pm.

Seriously ♥♥♥

Supercell: Please sir, more??? We only took in 2 billion Euros in revenue last year with employee count of 213, we are a small indie company with little money, please help us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireseal View Post
    Your builder base is also linked to the main base, so every time the game pulls your data for another player to view, it pauses their internal counter clock for your base (it is not event based). Note that you may not be attacked, but the act of having your base offered means you are "losing" time, for building, research, and the clock tower.
    Oh ok I sees it now. That is a suck.

Pro Member
    Yeah, this is a major coding problem and it costs us loads of time. And money for people who gem time.

They just seem to ignore this problem, which I think is a bit absurd.

it's an old, known, issue.... yeah it's a problem, but SC have said in the past that it'd take too much of an overhaul of the code to fix it so it's here to stay.

That would explain it...the base in question is a max th11 that currently isn't holding much loot so it has 20+ defends the past couple days. Geez that really sucks. And now that you mention it I did notice my lab taking longer on this account as well. Thanks supercell

Ah, the 'ol Time Bug..
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...g-Bug-INFLATED

One of the reason why i'm in high cups, so i'll get attacked as soon as my VG drops..
    Don't want to get my time inflated..