Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Should sc make it easier to get OTTO

Quote Originally Posted by TerMinus Prime View Post
    i am bh8 right now
    bm is lv 10
    barb 13 , minion 14(i spam them to win raids)
    cart 14

shud i stay at bh8 , max it(only the required buildings for otto, obviously bm will take lot of time, so will not wait for bm) then go to bh9 or rush to bh9 now?

apart from barb,cart and minion, plannin to upgrade super pekka is it a good option to max it?
    In contrary to Main Base, in Builder Base there is no loot penalty against lower BH levels thus it doesn't matter what level you are in the battle but what offense/defense you have. Also new defense/offense you gain from upgrading give more value per gold you spend than upgrading a level 7 to level 8 defense. In all aspects you would think about it is surely better to rush to the highest BH level available which has been done since day one by many here

Thanks for ClashOfHolmes for his great work!

ok will rush it

100% agree, rushing BH is way better.
    - focus on storages to get best Rune value (especially if you are getting Gold Passes)
    - focus on camps, and specifically troops you use regularly, this will help get to higher loot rewards.
    - get buildings to gear up level
    - focus on Otto requirements.

- finally, start fixing the rush once you get Otto.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciGobGang View Post
    100% agree, rushing BH is way better.
    - focus on storages to get best Rune value (especially if you are getting Gold Passes)
    - focus on camps, and specifically troops you use regularly, this will help get to higher loot rewards.
    - get buildings to gear up level
    - focus on Otto requirements.

- finally, start fixing the rush once you get Otto.
    I'd like to add, that the availability of OTTO/6th Builder will help encourage people to rush on Builder Base.

I think, that it would be extremely painful to only fulfill minimum requirements to get OTTO. i.e. upgrade ONLY the stuff needed in the requirement list and nothing else. A BH9 with level 1 walls and defenses (except for the Mega Tesla, Archer Tower, Double Cannon and Multi Mortar needed for the Gear-UPs), level 1 troops (except for the hugely expensive Cannon Carts) ..

I'm sure, that somebody will go through the process of hyper rushing a fresh account with the sole purpose of getting OTTO as soon as possible, just to show that it's possible (and as a show-case account). But I actually think it's better and more enjoyable to just play the game and follow a natural progression.

A balanced play of Main/Builder would lead to a situation where the 6th builder would become available, at the beginning of TH10 and just bring a bit more flexibility into builder management. The 6th builder would be the "builder of walls" for all intent and purpose (and because resources are highly limited on Builder Base) .. and that's fine.

/Affront
    TH12-63/64/35|BH9-16.16.16.18.16.17.18.16.18.18.5/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleh47 View Post
    In contrary to Main Base, in Builder Base there is no loot penalty against lower BH levels thus it doesn't matter what level you are in the battle but what offense/defense you have.
    Just a side note, the same is true for the main base: what matters is what offense/defense you have (mostly what offense), and if you have max farming troops for the previous TH level, then loot penalty is not relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    Just a side note, the same is true for the main base: what matters is what offense/defense you have (mostly what offense), and if you have max farming troops for the previous TH level, then loot penalty is not relevant.
    I'm not saying how much will it affect you because that really depends on play style but how there is no reason in BB to stop you from rushing or even make you think about other options in terms of progress except if you decide to max for some reason

Thanks for ClashOfHolmes for his great work!

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleh47 View Post
    except if you decide to max for some reason
    Cultural reasons is how I think of it. Some people max because that's how they were brought up.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    Cultural reasons is how I think of it. Some people max because that's how they were brought up.
    .. more like: Some people max, because they failed to max on the main base and it seems easier on Builder Base ..

I maxed out TH8,TH9, stayed 28 weeks on TH10 and moved to TH11 with maxed heroes, maxed TH11 and maxed TH12.

I did NOT max any Builder Base level, because I caught on pretty early, that moving on fast was the right way to play THAT game.

Builder Base and Main Village are two different games, but they share some basic ideas ..

/Affront
    TH12-63/64/35|BH9-16.16.16.18.16.17.18.16.18.18.5/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting