Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Seeing Is Believing.

  1. #11
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Great idea here. Before you upgraded did you ever match any 9s on the opponent?

    When TMBG was doing TH8 and below wars we occasionally matched nines as our 8s started maxing. This was over a year ago though now, a lot has changed since then.
    I set out the roster initially to engineer mate.
    In 4 spins, there hasnt been a 9.

    The roster contains 2x maxish 8s, but number 3 is a new 7 with only dragons unlocked, and camps upgraded.
    It is also low loaded, so it is unlikely they could get a 9 thru, and still have sufficient power to cover the map.

    That 4th war is ending a perfect draw too. But halls will move up for spin next week.

  2. #12
    We run 1 th9 and 4 th8's and usually face the same. War is really decided by the level of rest of clan. If they have a th12 handing out attack troops we will lose.

  3. #13
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny1857 View Post
    We run 1 th9 and 4 th8's and usually face the same. War is really decided by the level of rest of clan. If they have a th12 handing out attack troops we will lose.
    I would tend to agree Danny, more so if they are your main accounts.

    If they were mini's, then there would be a decent chance of gaining maximum scores anyway, base design dependant of course.
    But experience of using bigger accounts would make things easier.

    As things stand, you are playing fair and square.
    The weight differential between your top and bottom base wont be large, so the MM will most likely contain your spin results within these boundaries, hence the good matches you are getting.
    The only way it would likely differ, would be if you were using uncommon builds, as the MM would have to make allowances in order to find your opposition.

    It is unfortunate that you can be undone, simply due to influence from an account not directly involved with the war, but simply donating bigger troops from the fringes.
    This was highlighted back when the wreckers first appeared on the scene.
    I raced an account to 12 simply for the purpose of our then 10s to have access, and for a long while we gained advantage, until it became common for most clans to have the same access.

    Only advice I could give to you, is find somewhere to get those troops.
    Only accounts in the roster can fill the war cc's, but you need to find a donor account, whether it be within your own ranks, or a friend that you can go visit.
    It isnt against the rules to go find troops, then return to do your attacks. And there are plenty that are willing to help out.
    good luck.

  4. #14
    Forum Veteran Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    1,591
    Yeah we did the jump around for max troops/ww for a long time until I rushed an account to 12.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

  5. #15
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I set out the roster initially to engineer mate.
    In 4 spins, there hasnt been a 9.

    The roster contains 2x maxish 8s, but number 3 is a new 7 with only dragons unlocked, and camps upgraded.
    It is also low loaded, so it is unlikely they could get a 9 thru, and still have sufficient power to cover the map.

    That 4th war is ending a perfect draw too. But halls will move up for spin next week.
    I guess u will face rushed th9 more often after turning th color, since top th match still very prevalent now, so i think 30-40% u will face rushed th9.

    But nice idea u ot here, as long as u can resist the temptation of upgrading after turning th color
    Last edited by samratulangi; June 22nd, 2019 at 03:39 AM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  6. #16
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,539
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    I guess u will face rushed th9 more often after turning th color, since top th match still very prevalent now, so i think 30-40% u will face rushed th9.

    But nice idea u ot here, as long as u can resist the temptation of upgrading after turning th color
    if you say the colour will change results, then I am guessing it probably will.
    Strongly Agree with the temptation bit. that is just human nature I guess.

  7. #17
    Totally agree ; people seem to blame EVERY war loss on matching. I think skill has a bigger part to play than a lot admit - bad hits can lose a war against a 'lower' clan, while solid attacks can beat a 'tough' clan - matches can only be so close really anyway...

  8. #18
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,539
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciGobGang View Post
    Totally agree ; people seem to blame EVERY war loss on matching. I think skill has a bigger part to play than a lot admit - bad hits can lose a war against a 'lower' clan, while solid attacks can beat a 'tough' clan - matches can only be so close really anyway...
    Agree mate.
    Idea is to probe how people react to seeing a mismatch.
    It will be purely smoke and mirrors (pity I cant throw in a defenceless later), but the oppo, in reality, will have exactly (within tolerance) the same defence and power, but the hall colours will differ.

    I wasnt aware that the hall colour would make a difference, since it has no real effect, but Sam is usually right.
    If I get away with not matching "next hall up", and I can resist not dropping anything, then I may push the boundaries further.

    Trouble is, I started out to roster engineer, and max the score every war, which has happened first 4 spins.
    Now, it will be a test of my resolve, if i suddenly get faced with a 9, that will need a gem upgrade to compete against.

    Agree strongly with the skill part tho.
    Unless people are manipulating, then skill is the only factor in play with this MMA, as it tends to be pretty accurate in throwing out a match up.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    In reality, nothing has changed, since the hall adds nothing to either the weight nor power.
    Are you sure about this?

    There is a high degree on TH matching especially on the top of your roster. I think your experiment should confirm this quite quickly.
    (2 separate points)
    Last edited by ahboi00; June 26th, 2019 at 12:15 PM.

  10. #20
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,539
    Quote Originally Posted by ahboi00 View Post
    Are you sure about this?

    There is a high degree on TH matching especially on the top of your roster. I think your experiment should confirm this quite quickly.
    (2 separate points)
    Can confirm it soon as I load up mate. I spun before leaving for work.
    My theory was always that the weights were set to allow for a certain hall/weight to find each other

    I thought the weights were set to create a natural fire beak.
    This was also my reasoning for how roster engineering can be created.. by using lower weight, lower down the roster, to artificially reduce the oppositions top end.

    But I guess we can find out after I ate lol.

    Ten and half hours into search.. no match.. Maybe means they are looking for 2x9s with th8 def/off, a low 7, plus another 3 with th6 def/off.. and 4x new 3s.. Good luck in finding that one then.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; June 26th, 2019 at 09:43 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •