Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeing Is Believing.

Forum Elder

Seeing Is Believing.

Out of interest, and following on from the lop sided engineer thread, in which the threat is real, I am in the process of setting up an experiment in our alt clan.

It will be purely "Smoke and Mirrors".
    Using my lower accounts, I have moved them into position so as to get a varied draw, ranging from 2x pretty maxed 8s, down to some 3s.
    I am confident now, after 3 wars, that they are in place to realistically play out a perfect draw every war, which has happened on 1 occasion so far.

My next step, is that I am going to upgrade only the hall on every account.
    In reality, nothing has changed, since the hall adds nothing to either the weight nor power.
    But, since it will be low weight, then the opposition will be low key players.. people that are likely to have no idea how clans are matched, and will never have heard about war weight.
    I am interested to see what effect the appearance of the opposition roster looking a full level above the actual has.

Of course, having the hall already upgraded, also serves the purpose of being ready to drop extras on prep day, if the spin goes south, if I wished to take action.

There are many threads where people have posted about mismatching, when actually it is simply an illusion created by not actually looking at the accounts within the break down.
    Time to find out

Forum Veteran
    I will say this with a big grin on my face. “ you are disturbing something that normally people dont like to touch or smell”. make sure you provide updates as the humour value alone will be entertaining.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I will say this with a big grin on my face. “ you are disturbing something that normally people dont like to touch or smell”. make sure you provide updates as the humour value alone will be entertaining.
    Thats the general idea mate. was going to do some rostering, but my interest is piqued.
    Will be good to see how many dont bother filling cc. Then hold back and see if they hit by hall colour.
    Then finally, see if they they simply give up if I hit early.

After that, if anything shows up, I may close up the bottom end a little, then rinse and repeat

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Thats the general idea mate. was going to do some rostering, but my interest is piqued.
    Will be good to see how many dont bother filling cc. Then hold back and see if they hit by hall colour.
    Then finally, see if they they simply give up if I hit early.

After that, if anything shows up, I may close up the bottom end a little, then rinse and repeat
    So doing very small TH wars?
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    So doing very small TH wars?
    just using what is spare, whilst the main gets sorted. No big deal. Simply easy play time.
    But an added edge, looking for trends, will help make it more interesting.
    set out to dabble with the roster, but a psychological study seems more fun.

And in the meantime, if it pushes the clan level perks up, then why not?

i tried a self-match using two almost identical twin th10s and 4 th3s on each side

the scrub clan (level 1, 1 previous war (loss)) matched a level 1 clan with no previous wars. the opp clan jumped out first to take a 14-0 lead (their 10 had 78% 2* on my 10) and had full ccs (mine were empty). I came on and ran 5 perfect 3 star attacks to win 15-14

my main clan matched a clan of same level (wondering if that played a part? it shouldn't, but was odd both clans matched equal level)

i filled cc's there. their #1 hit my #2 for easy 3 star. i retaliated in kind (he had empty cc's) and waited. nothing. after a few hours i cleaned the board to make it 15-3. at end, his #1 ducked out hitting our #3 for another easy 3 star and the end result was 15-6

if that helps add data to your experiment

i plan on running a th10, th7, 3x th3 war to again see if i can self-match, but if i mismatch, i can give you an overview of how they play out

all for science, of course

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    i tried a self-match using two almost identical twin th10s and 4 th3s on each side

the scrub clan (level 1, 1 previous war (loss)) matched a level 1 clan with no previous wars. the opp clan jumped out first to take a 14-0 lead (their 10 had 78% 2* on my 10) and had full ccs (mine were empty). I came on and ran 5 perfect 3 star attacks to win 15-14

my main clan matched a clan of same level (wondering if that played a part? it shouldn't, but was odd both clans matched equal level)

i filled cc's there. their #1 hit my #2 for easy 3 star. i retaliated in kind (he had empty cc's) and waited. nothing. after a few hours i cleaned the board to make it 15-3. at end, his #1 ducked out hitting our #3 for another easy 3 star and the end result was 15-6

if that helps add data to your experiment

i plan on running a th10, th7, 3x th3 war to again see if i can self-match, but if i mismatch, i can give you an overview of how they play out

all for science, of course
    lol.
    Engineering is both easy and taboo.
    But social experiments should raise the bar somewhat.

To be fair. Roster engineering should and would be easy, when starting from scratch.
    Simply move accounts back and forth from the main clan, until roster disadvantage can no longer be achieved.
    This is the same with any/all types of engineering. A bit of know how, then suck it and see.

But, any time somebody sees a hall out of colour sequence, they blow a fuse.
    I would like to be able to point to experience and say forget about the colour. The map is simply defensive values, and nothing more.
    The hall colour in itself also means nothing, since that shade carries neither weight nor power, excluding th12.
    Maybe that way people will actually start to open up and observe what is on the other side before throwing a tantrum.

Forum Veteran
    i think you have more faith in human ability to see the truth than I do. perception is everything and people always look for a convenient scapegoat that doesnt share the same name as they do.

Great idea here. Before you upgraded did you ever match any 9s on the opponent?

When TMBG was doing TH8 and below wars we occasionally matched nines as our 8s started maxing. This was over a year ago though now, a lot has changed since then.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

as a couple of our 10's neared max we started pulling an 11. it seems sc says 2x 10 = 1x 11 + 1x 9

which of course is bull because that 11 can three both 10s that drew it and you can give me fifty 10s and they will only 2 star the 11. plus the 11 can put heavier troops in defensive cc's all the way down the roster

sc really needs to address the classic war mm next