Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Seeing Is Believing.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Early days, but boy, engineering seems to have never been so simple.
    I threw in a "big" 9 along with a "black th8", and sure enough, it spat 2x 9s at me.
    Rest of my roster was simply to lighten the load, coupled with enough firepower to clear a 10v board in 10 attacks, plus a 6th hall as back up just in case.
    Detail those 9s please. I am just not seeing TH matching at the top. We have matched far, far too many blue bases at the top when we have exactly zero for this to be the case at all.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Maybe not as clear as what you think, our last 2 wars we had 2vs0 blue TH, and we still have more white TH then our opponent, even tho they have more EA
    Matching is roster based. Is still early days, so without the data, I may of course be jumping the gun.. Once is natural, Twice is coincidence, Three times is a pattern.
    I would like to be spinning back to back, in order to get a feel, but work has got in the way.
    Latest spin was an easy maximum again tho, and an easy win, even tho I never got around to filling the cc.

But like I said, early days. Lightweight roster with enough firepower to clean up in 10 attacks.
    Next week may well be different going by what you say. Time will tell mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Detail those 9s please. I am just not seeing TH matching at the top. We have matched far, far too many blue bases at the top when we have exactly zero for this to be the case at all.
    First thing to note, is that I had to stop the search, and swap in a mid weighted base for a low one.
    Second time I had to do that, so safe to say I am playing on the brink.
    It is probably a fine margin between gaining an advantage, and not getting a match.
    That bold is simply my take on it. There are far cleverer people about than me.

The roster.. 2x 9s.. Anchor is max defence, with almost all level 9 walls. There is still a bit dark upgrading to do. Heroes 12/17 (k/q).
    Number 2 is basically a max 8, complete with low level extra AD and blower. Walls all level 8, and no extra for th9. 3 camps upgraded and queen at lvl 2. King still a 10.
    Number 3 is a max 6 with th7 paintwork, with extra low level AD, new walls added. Only dragons added and camps upgraded. No king yet.
    Then 2x max 6s, disguised as a 7.
    2x max 5s, with a th6 hall, and 3x th3s.

My early assumption, is that the lack of weight below the top is causing a match whereby the anchor is easily top hall.
    Heroes on top hall arent even half way yet, which may well be a big influence, even tho they were way above oppo this time around.
    I do think, even if the oppo were to get a 10 thru, then it would be so rushed as to not be a problem, more so if anything were added.
    I also think that unless the oppo is practiced in using higher halls, then experience will always win thru.

But, once again, its only early observation. And I have the luxury of flying solo, so get the pick of anything and everything that is added.
    It does seem too easy to be real tho, time will tell.

Forum Veteran
    I'm interested in doing something similar to this, but with TH10s on top. Main reasons are that TH10s are what I have, and I want my 12 to be able to donate sieges for the firepower boost.

We have some newer small folks (th9 and below) who are clamoring for war, and if we include them in the main clan with th12s on the lineup their war experience will be pretty bad. But I don't trust them to be able to attack well so I want to include enough of my own accounts to cover for them.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    I'm interested in doing something similar to this, but with TH10s on top. Main reasons are that TH10s are what I have, and I want my 12 to be able to donate sieges for the firepower boost.

We have some newer small folks (th9 and below) who are clamoring for war, and if we include them in the main clan with th12s on the lineup their war experience will be pretty bad. But I don't trust them to be able to attack well so I want to include enough of my own accounts to cover for them.
    yeah mate, this is what happened to us at Sanctuary.
    We opened up to allow more members to do war, and found we couldnt carry them. More so when some were at the high end of the map.
    In the end, we had to dilute the inclusion of others, so that the map was controlled more by the 2 of us, plus a couple of competent attackers.
    We were back to 4 green lines when I pulled the accounts.

So far as the matching, I found the little and large act did its job.
    Too early to tell for sure, but a mature hall with a fresh one should create a weight gap at the top.
    Increase those 2 accounts buffer with a fire break, and in theory, so long as a match can be found, it shouldnt be too bad.
    Only thing is that the accounts which do the scoring need to be hitting, as cover is sparse at best.
    Half the roster is simply to dilute the weight, and allow for an actual match to occur.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    yeah mate, this is what happened to us at Sanctuary.
    We opened up to allow more members to do war, and found we couldnt carry them. More so when some were at the high end of the map.
    In the end, we had to dilute the inclusion of others, so that the map was controlled more by the 2 of us, plus a couple of competent attackers.
    We were back to 4 green lines when I pulled the accounts.

So far as the matching, I found the little and large act did its job.
    Too early to tell for sure, but a mature hall with a fresh one should create a weight gap at the top.
    Increase those 2 accounts buffer with a fire break, and in theory, so long as a match can be found, it shouldnt be too bad.
    Only thing is that the accounts which do the scoring need to be hitting, as cover is sparse at best.
    Half the roster is simply to dilute the weight, and allow for an actual match to occur.

Sorry mate, but Relying just on top base for defend and offense and diluting it is old school engineering, and not so reliable, DC o bad luck may happens, in our war most of the time we dont use our top attacks, and we rely on all top and middle bases to defend
    Last edited by samratulangi; July 16th, 2019 at 01:42 AM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Sorry mate, but Relying just on top base for defend and offense and diluting it is old school engineering, and not so reliable, DC o bad luck may happens, in our war most of the time we dont use our top attacks, and we rely on all top and middle bases to defend
    lol mate. It is bound to be old school if I am doing it. It has been quite a while.
    I have the accounts for a bit of shuffling around, but until I get a feel for it, there isnt anything guaranteed about what I am doing.

I would strongly agree that it will come unstuck way before a big streak is reached, if it is anything like last time.
    We never got above 13 wins before somebody came along that was bigger or better.

All good fun tho. i have nobody but myself to please these days, so I guess I will point my nose and follow it lol.
    Keep me straight tho mate, I am still just a trainee... and I still never got around to that visit.

what happened with the experiment? with the th7 levels th9 stuff war match

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by silversnake33 View Post
    what happened with the experiment? with the th7 levels th9 stuff war match
    I messed up mate. The experiment was a no go.
    Simply by changing the colour of the top hall, I changed the search.
    Turning those th8s black resulted in drawing 9s, although not heavy.

I moved on, since most only look at the top of the map. Cant frighten anybody with a "black 8".
    Maybe if I can figure how the MM actually works I can try again. But without the appearance of top hall advantage I cant see it happening.
    Shame, it may have been fun.