Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Book of hero price increase?

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #271
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Check the contents of this thread, it's all here:

New update - new magic items > new trader cycle

Somehow there was only 1 BoH in the new cycle

SC decided to make it more BoH > just before the day and the work week ended for SC, someone manually updated the trader cycle code by replacing at least two, maybe three other books with a BoH [All the other books are 925 gems, BoH is 500 gems]

That person made a mistake: they changed the item name, but they forgot to change the accompanying cost in gems for the items
    The change went live

SC went home for a long holiday weekend ....

The forums exploded

SC has acknowledged this, and as Darian stated: in the next maintenance it will be corrected - but they are working on some more things for that maintenance ....

Hope that helps

That's a pretty darned good summation.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Since I started in February 2014 the game is now the best it’s ever been.

Balanced in multiplayer and war. 👀👍

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    seems like fixing the price would have been an easy Monday morning fix. Would have been nice to buy s book of heroes for 500 today with CWL just a few days away but oh well, maybe next time it comes around.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Check the contents of this thread, it's all here:

New update - new magic items > new trader cycle

Somehow there was only 1 BoH in the new cycle

SC decided to make it more BoH > just before the day and the work week ended for SC, someone manually updated the trader cycle code by replacing at least two, maybe three other books with a BoH [All the other books are 925 gems, BoH is 500 gems]

That person made a mistake: they changed the item name, but they forgot to change the accompanying cost in gems for the items
    The change went live

SC went home for a long holiday weekend ....

The forums exploded

SC has acknowledged this, and as Darian stated: in the next maintenance it will be corrected - but they are working on some more things for that maintenance ....

Hope that helps
    You must spread more.........
    Hope someone else can toss you a point or 2.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    You must spread more.........
    Hope someone else can toss you a point or 2.
    Just did that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    seems like fixing the price would have been an easy Monday morning fix. Would have been nice to buy s book of heroes for 500 today with CWL just a few days away but oh well, maybe next time it comes around.
    I do think their plan to combine it with some other fixes for one maintenance break rather than multiple makes sense, though, especially since we aren’t losing out on anything, we just aren’t getting the extra 500 gem hero books as fast as SC planned to offer them.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I do think their plan to combine it with some other fixes for one maintenance break rather than multiple makes sense, though, especially since we aren’t losing out on anything, we just aren’t getting the extra 500 gem hero books as fast as SC planned to offer them.
    I get that it makes sense from Sc standpoint. Just stinks for everyone who is offered the 975 book instead of the 500 book during the period they could have done simple fix for BoH issue. In the greater scheme of things it really doesn’t matter.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    They've also said they have other fixes to make, that aren't as easy.
    They don't want to do multiple maintenances, so are doing it together.
    No one is (really) missing out on a book, since it's a new hero book in the cycle.

The one that REALLY baffles me is the number of people who have (or claim to have!) spent 925 gems and want a refund, it's super clear what you are spending...
    Can I get 25 gems back because I bought a Training Potion and I thought they were free (hint: NOPE)

Not equal

I understand there was a mistake. That i don't understand is why some players can buy this book for 500 gems and others 925 ? (in the same clan)
    Last edited by Petetherock; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:33 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Petetherock View Post
    I understand there was a mistake. That i don't understand is why some players can buy this book for 500 gems and others 925 ?
    There is a cycle about 40 long of different items in sets of 3
    The hero book now appears twice (it used to be once)
    The old one is 500, the new one is 925 as it replaced another book which WAS priced at 925 nd they changed the item and not the price.