Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Power Potions

  1. #41
    Forum Veteran MajorJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    They may be unsustainable but if I remember correctly, weren’t PP used to try to take out the red planet dudes? That kind of implies that some very crafty folks thought they would make a big enough difference otherwise why bother. Sustainable or no, simple enough to forbid their use in regular wars and no one has to worry about them.
    ahh, yes but pots were used on both sides and that war is a special case. Without pots, I am not sure the outcome would be that different. That war was a bit of a blessing for us because we gained a couple valuable members after the fallout.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

    Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I doubt SC would really change them from what they are because they aren't really that much of game changers and for MM, their effect is taken into account. Power pots are a source of revenue, and it allows players to try out new strategies, or be useful by temporarily becoming a max TH when it would otherwise take months if arriving at a new TH.

    You might not really like them but I don't see them changing any time soon.
    I don’t agree power potions are taken into account unless you are suggesting the only offensive weight is the lab and troops unlocked and that troop level means nothing. IF (big if) that is the case, my opinion would change on power potions and war (although my opinion would stay the same regarding defensive upgrades or new buildings). I do agree they aren’t likely to change it. I am just defending my position that I don’t thinks we should be able to change our weight after the weighted match.

    Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    in my experience, a power potion (or hero potion) has never significantly altered the outcome of a battle or a war. what's it to me if the opponent had level 1 drags or level 7 drags before war started? he attacked with level 7s.

    power potions are also fairly rare.
    We were initially given the impression they would be rare, but they have turned out to not be rare. My own clan has won or lost due to power potions. Power potions can easily swing a star in a war and many wars come down to 1 star especially for those of us not doing all th12 wars. You don’t think a player with max bowi has a big advantage over level 1? Max edrags vs. level 1? That is easily a star.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    i’m with 2222 on this one but only with regular wars.
    Yeah, I only think for regular wars too. I have no problem with them in league wars where you can put an entirely max th12 into the roster in place of a low hall if you want.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    So it's ok to let a crappy rushed base suddenly have a max attack in cwl because there is no weight based matchmaking? Not buying it.
    It's not hard to max one key war troop. The benefit of having potioneer bases is in the low weight, not the low effort.

    for example, getting edrags to level 3 can be accomplished with just 2 hammers and a little bit of farming and waiting. On the other hand, I don't know the exact weight, but from what I know level 3 edrags have quite a significant amount of war weight.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Power pots are already taken into account in MM of regular wars, it isn't that you are getting free weight by having low level troops, you are actually being punished for it.
    I find this very difficult to believe, given the number of players that have power/hero potions but don't use them. Are you saying our clan could gain a substantial advantage in war by selling all of our power potions?

    Plus, even though Supercell has a bad history with matchmaking, I doubt they would weight power potions more heavily than key war troops.
    Last edited by Rascal2013; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:31 PM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    I find this very difficult to believe, given the number of players that have power/hero potions but don't use them. Are you saying our clan could gain a substantial advantage in war by selling all of our power potions?

    Plus, even though Supercell has a bad history with matchmaking, I doubt they would weight power potions more heavily than key war troops.
    It isn’t likely that he is suggesting literally having power potions is accounted for in the weight. More likely he is suggesting the lab level, not the troop level, is what counts for the offensive weight. For example, a player with level 1 troops and another with max troops are weighted the same on offense if their lab is max. A th8 with level 1 drags and another with level 3 drags are weighted the same if their labs are max for th8, etc. I don’t know that it is true. If it is, it shouldn’t be, but also if it is, then the power potion weight issue is irrelevant.
    Last edited by 2222; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:56 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  6. #46
    Forum Veteran MajorJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It isn’t likely that he is suggesting literally having power potions is accounted for in the weight. More likely he is suggesting the lab level, not the troop level, is what counts for the offensive weight. For example, a player with level 1 troops and another with max troops are weighted the same on offense if their lab is max. A th8 with level 1 drags and another with level 3 drags are weighted the same if their labs are max for th8, etc. I don’t know that it is true. If it is, it shouldn’t be, but also if it is, then the power potion weight issue is irrelevant.
    No, literally having power potions is no effect so it would be unwise to sell them all thinking it would give you an advantage.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

    Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

  7. #47
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    I find this very difficult to believe, given the number of players that have power/hero potions but don't use them. Are you saying our clan could gain a substantial advantage in war by selling all of our power potions?

    Plus, even though Supercell has a bad history with matchmaking, I doubt they would weight power potions more heavily than key war troops.
    Are 2 things here mate, which trouble my thought processes.
    First one. What level of war does your clan tend to participate in?
    If you are bordering on the elite, with big boy wars, then they wouldnt need PP, since their troops are war ready.
    If, on the other hand, you are in the mix, like most of us, then using PP to bolster an attack probably doesnt even enter the mind for many/most, when planning an attack (or rather, preparing the troop drop)
    .
    Most players are casual by nature, and make the best of what they have.
    To use that "non use" as an argument against any perceived advantage, isnt allowing for the limitations of the players ability to strategise.
    Most players will simply use potions as a means of obtaining 10 gems, once they are full up.

    Second one. SC's history on war matching is simply that.. history.
    Just recently, the search parameters seem to have slackened a little, but for a long while, you either got something similar or a no match.
    The saying "give a dog a bad name" springs to mind.

    As to PP being weighted.. Major tends to be right most of the time on these matters.
    It is what they do.

    Myself.. I am confident that weight will be put on the lab.
    How much weight, I neither know nor care.
    It wouldnt make sense to weigh the lab the same as having every troop maxed, as that would put new to mid build halls at a massive disadvantage, due to allowing for the offensive side of the match to draw max every time. But who cares.

    If people take more time with their roster, then matches are generally even on prep day, PP weighted or not.

  8. #48
    Forum Veteran MajorJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Are 2 things here mate, which trouble my thought processes.
    First one. What level of war does your clan tend to participate in?
    If you are bordering on the elite, with big boy wars, then they wouldnt need PP, since their troops are war ready.
    If, on the other hand, you are in the mix, like most of us, then using PP to bolster an attack probably doesnt even enter the mind for many/most, when planning an attack (or rather, preparing the troop drop)
    .
    Most players are casual by nature, and make the best of what they have.
    To use that "non use" as an argument against any perceived advantage, isnt allowing for the limitations of the players ability to strategise.
    Most players will simply use potions as a means of obtaining 10 gems, once they are full up.

    Second one. SC's history on war matching is simply that.. history.
    Just recently, the search parameters seem to have slackened a little, but for a long while, you either got something similar or a no match.
    The saying "give a dog a bad name" springs to mind.

    As to PP being weighted.. Major tends to be right most of the time on these matters.
    It is what they do.

    Myself.. I am confident that weight will be put on the lab.
    How much weight, I neither know nor care.
    It wouldnt make sense to weigh the lab the same as having every troop maxed, as that would put new to mid build halls at a massive disadvantage, due to allowing for the offensive side of the match to draw max every time. But who cares.

    If people take more time with their roster, then matches are generally even on prep day, PP weighted or not.
    Nah, the inclusion of the prospect of players using power pots isn't quite the same as being maxed, it is fairly balanced in terms of how it is included in the process on MM. Some were saying you get a massive advantage and it may give some, just not as much as you think.

    Anyways I don't really need to provide, I'm like the El Chupacabra and everyone just takes my word for it

    If they removed power pots I think it would probably make wars easier since you don't have the looming threat of them being used against you. Maybe I'm a bit agnostic on the topic since both sides have equal opportunity to use them and the availability of free power pots becomes ever more limited.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:28 PM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

    Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •