Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Potions

Power Potions

pretty sure this has been talked about somewhere, but whats the general thought of players about how OP power potions are for war. I think an easy remedy would to be have power potion boost 1-2 levels of current troops. This is the engineering thats getting out of hand

In our wars I have not encountered any bases specifically built to use power potions. Are these bases out there somewhere?
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 39/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 50/40/20 heroes

Tbh I find it rare they are ever a war changing issue ; most players prioritise their war army troops in labs,
    and even in cases of power potions it is rare to see them getting 3 stars...
    A hit can still go very badly and the higher the th the less difference it seems to make...

Quote Originally Posted by alcusmc View Post
    pretty sure this has been talked about somewhere, but whats the general thought of players about how OP power potions are for war. I think an easy remedy would to be have power potion boost 1-2 levels of current troops. This is the engineering thats getting out of hand
    I think they shouldn’t be allowed in regular war where offensive weight matters in the match. They should be allowed in war leagues.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I think they shouldn’t be allowed in regular war where offensive weight matters in the match. They should be allowed in war leagues.
    That's rather hypocritical. Wars or no wars. I get the thinking around regular wars and weighting. But it still gives a rushed base an unearned advantage on attacks in cwl. While that onky impacts one attack, that can turn a war. Preference is drop them into an inferno tower. Second preference, not for war. Admittedly, as a maxer tendency, I don't like rushed bases getting to use the fancy maxed troops I do.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    That's rather hypocritical. Wars or no wars. I get the thinking around regular wars and weighting. But it still gives a rushed base an unearned advantage on attacks in cwl. While that onky impacts one attack, that can turn a war. Preference is drop them into an inferno tower. Second preference, not for war. Admittedly, as a maxer tendency, I don't like rushed bases getting to use the fancy maxed troops I do.
    Certainly not hypocritical, in CWL no weight is calculated in the match, so u u may get a. Max th12 in silver, but in classic cw i can say the weight match very close, so a power potion is a big issue

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Certainly not hypocritical, in CWL no weight is calculated in the match, so u u may get a. Max th12 in silver, but in classic cw i can say the weight match very close, so a power potion is a big issue
    Just because there is no weight matching doesn't mean it isnt an issue. For example, a rushed 12 with low troops that would have a hard time denting one of our 10s now has the troops to smash an 11 or 2 a 12. If timed right, it can impact 2 wars with one potion. The lack of matching is irrelevant.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Millennial Club
    Just because there is no weight matching doesn't mean it isnt an issue. For example, a rushed 12 with low troops that would have a hard time denting one of our 10s now has the troops to smash an 11 or 2 a 12. If timed right, it can impact 2 wars with one potion. The lack of matching is irrelevant.
    Because that rushed th12 can be replaced by a max th12 in CWL, while in normal cw it is not possible without a big impact in opposition

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    In our wars I have not encountered any bases specifically built to use power potions. Are these bases out there somewhere?
    Yes. Potioneers.

Let us say I built a defenseless 11 and upgraded only goblins. I upgraded barracks just enough to unlock dragons. No DE troops.

I have as close to zero war weight as possible. Extreme engineering.

I drop a power potion, make two war attacks, then go back to sleep until next war.

I put only warden down. No king. No queen. Heroes add weight.

Not saying I have ever done that. Yes I have. With my filler bases.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

Not hypocritical at all. You might disagree, but my opinion is entirely consistent: when the match is based on weight, players shouldn't be allowed to play with "more weight" after the match. I don't think we should be able to use power potions, I think our defensive base should be a snap shot of what it was when the search was started just like in the new legends, I don't think we should be able to use hero potions, etc. I think the same about offense, but I don't know how much of a programming nightmare that is. Not using power potions in war would be an easy one.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.