Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lava launcher : overpowered

Exclamation Lava launcher : overpowered

The newly launched lava launcher is such a beast.
    I hit a few bases with maxed (or near maxed) launchers that roasted my ground troops like they were nothing.

It is so overpowered that the top-end of the game will gradually shift to almost entirely air-based attacks, IMO - troop primarily based on drop-ships and minions (and may be the flying hogs a few weeks later).

Your experiences of hitting bases with high level lava launchers using ground troops, please?

Footnote: my ground army is mostly a combination of (level 16) boxer giants, bombers and cannon carts.

TH 12, Level 244
    Queen: 65, King: 65, Warden: 40

Forum Elder
    What trophy range are you in? I went air maxing minions first and sit at 4535 and mine is level 1 currently. Not really had to deal with it much myself.

Agreed. Ground attacks are dead. The poison just lasts for far too long and the amount of tiles it hits needs to be nerfed if we want at least some variety in attack strategies at the 5000+ range.
    Last edited by ElectroWiz; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:42 PM.

A big downside it has is a huge 10 tile inner dead zone where it can't shoot. That's so big it usually covers the entire inner section of the base. Secondly the rate of fire is kinda slow, so in my own base I feel it has been very underwhelming so far. But I've only got lvl 1.

It won't be as strong against max troops either potentially - and it has such a huge dead zone ��

hasnt really done smything good good for me on def yet
    Last edited by GucciGobGang; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:06 PM.

Just wait until people start using Hogs.. this will redesign ground attacks

Centennial Club
    That’s why 90% of raids are by air attacks right now. But a skilled ground bart or gibart can still wreck a base with a high level lava.
    turtle - Creative Clash

Absolutely wrong about ground is dead. Everyone overreacted to lava and went air, yes. But ground/hybrids are killing it at top. Lava can be easily redirected and once ground gets inside itís over. The update did not bring any additional ground defenses. All traps are set to air. Pekka combos are actually destroying bases.

End game everyone is speculating that ground will be back with max bases. Air is not hitting 100 on max bases right now.

All they did was even attacks out. Stop complaining and let people actually use air for once.

A number of higher level players have figured out how to work around it with their ground troops, so I would not say ground is dead by any stretch of the imagination. I do think the slow boil, trickling SA attacks are dead for most players though.

To beat the LL, you need to give it something else to target, take down the barriers to it, then overrun it with troops. So far, Iíve been seeing Bart used effectively for this one, typically with the BM tanking the LL. Of course, these are typically lower level LLs but the strategy is sound and should hold up at higher levels.

It;s worth noting too - there are very few maxed bases yet. Everything changes when maxed everything hits the meta....
    Last edited by Noctaire; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:40 PM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    A number of higher level players have figured out how to work around it with their ground troops, so I would not say ground is dead by any stretch of the imagination. I do think the slow boil, trickling SA attacks are dead for most players though.

To beat the LL, you need to give it something else to target, take down the barriers to it, then overrun it with troops. So far, Iíve been seeing Bart used effectively for this one, typically with the BM tanking the LL. Of course, these are typically lower level LLs but the strategy is sound and should hold up at higher levels.

It;s worth noting too - there are very few maxed bases yet. Everything changes when maxed everything hits the meta....
    Archer attacks are getting 70+ too btw. Especially with traps set to air right now. Also lava doesnít effect them as much.