Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop Town halls going up a lvl during prep day!

Stop Town halls going up a lvl during prep day!

so we just got beaten and lost our 15 streak because enemy clan ended up going up a town hall on 2 accounts to beat us.

we run all th10 and th9s.

Once we match a clan on prep that should be it.... no upgrading def no gemming your town hall and putting eagle down vs th10s its unfair.

Going up a single TH level doesn't do anything. They would also have to use gems/hammers/books to complete more defenses, camps, and the lab; or as you say, drop the Eagle (which is a pretty bad idea since it's so heavy; now those THs will be at a disadvantage in all wars for the near future).

Considering that there are a limited number of TH levels where each player could do this, and further that a minuscule number of players would actually do this, and even further that one or two players in a war might do this for a minor benefit... I don't see why SC should concern themselves with a large effort for a feature that might keep a handful of players from thinking something is unfair.

I agree with you but Johnny is also correct. If all they did was upgrade the TH that has next to zero or exactly zero bearing on the outcome.

A TH12 is armed but at level 1 not very well. So they would have had to upgraded defenses and/or offense for it to matter.

Significant changes to offense and defense can happen and it becomes the "what is the point in match making?" People say "They can only do it once." Well, I'm only likely to war them once.

I do think that should not be allowed but people have been complaining about it for a while. It's probably not going to change.
    Last edited by StormHeart; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:13 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

it's part of management. sometimes you can gain a minor advantage if a th finishes during prep day. my old clan leader always said prep day is for books and walls. "free weight"

this is the part where i will sound rude

if your th10s can't handle a baby 11 with eagle, it means they aren't challenging themselves in daily raids. it also *may* mean your clan is at a disadvantage if you don't have a th12 feeding them max sieges. i don't know your clan makeup, but with a 15 win streak, i suppose you do

i suspect you are more upset you lost the 15 win streak than how you were beaten. had you won and gone to 16, i doubt we would have heard a peep. had you lost to a clan with a "silent 12" donating (and you didn't have one), then the gripe would have been about *that* being unfair -- i highly suspect

i myself complain about engineers WIN OR LOSE. we beat engineers 60 - 75% of the time. i still think the mm needs adjusted to match engineers to each other

it's a consistency of position based on how people routinely game the system. not a knee-jerk reaction that "we lost so whatever the enemy clan did differently than us should be disallowed!"

upgrading th on prep day is rare. each base can only do it effectively 5 times (6 --> 7, 8 --> 9, 9 --> 10, 10 --> 11, 11 --> 12) and then only if the rest of the war roster is set up to make it effective (so 6 --> 7 and 8 --> 9 might not even matter)

with a 15 win streak it is possible the enemy clan had a couple near-max 10's holding books, hammers, overflowing season banks, and maybe even $20 (usd) for the level pack just waiting for a win streak to come along

Well, it 'can' be an advantage.
    Had the same on one of our wars lately. I happened to be in prep-day as my TH upgraded. Finished the lab with a book, threw two hammers onto some stuff I wanted to get done asap and ended up with a stronger army, as with the calculation that found that match.
    Could've used a potion of might to get max-TH11 troops, instead of max-TH10.

But it's a one-timer. Doesn't happen often that you're going to face that.

If your clan is trying to stay engineered then this may happen regularly against clans that are progressing quickly. To blame a war loss on a build or 2 being finished seems silly though - the match difference is extremely small over an entire clan though, and unless they are gemming or using magical items to finish multiple builds or get 5 lvls on a Grand Warden they will still be relatively evenly matched -it seems like you are trying to stay at a comfortable level to give yourself an advantage, and then complaining about others progressing for an advantage ; I would recommend moving further up before th13 comes out

Another point... there's nothing stopping you from doing the same thing to another clan. Then you'll have the advantage that you perceive to be so unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    I agree with you but Johnny is also correct. If all they did was upgrade the TH that has next to zero or exactly zero bearing on the outcome.

A TH12 is armed but at level 1 not very well. So they would have had to upgraded defenses and/or offense for it to matter.

Significant changes to offense and defense can happen and it becomes the "what is the point in match making?" People say "They can only do it once." Well, I'm only likely to war them once.

I do think that should not be allowed but people have been complaining about it for a while. It's probably not going to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Going up a single TH level doesn't do anything. They would also have to use gems/hammers/books to complete more defenses, camps, and the lab; or as you say, drop the Eagle (which is a pretty bad idea since it's so heavy; now those THs will be at a disadvantage in all wars for the near future).

Considering that there are a limited number of TH levels where each player could do this, and further that a minuscule number of players would actually do this, and even further that one or two players in a war might do this for a minor benefit... I don't see why SC should concern themselves with a large effort for a feature that might keep a handful of players from thinking something is unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    it's part of management. sometimes you can gain a minor advantage if a th finishes during prep day. my old clan leader always said prep day is for books and walls. "free weight"

if your th10s can't handle a baby 11 with eagle, it means they aren't challenging themselves in daily raids. it also *may* mean your clan is at a disadvantage if you don't have a th12 feeding them max sieges. i don't know your clan makeup, but with a 15 win streak, i suppose you do

i suspect you are more upset you lost the 15 win streak than how you were beaten. had you won and gone to 16, i doubt we would have heard a peep. had you lost to a clan with a "silent 12" donating (and you didn't have one), then the gripe would have been about *that* being unfair -- i highly suspect

i myself complain about engineers WIN OR LOSE. we beat engineers 60 - 75% of the time. i still think the mm needs adjusted to match engineers to each other

it's a consistency of position based on how people routinely game the system. not a knee-jerk reaction that "we lost so whatever the enemy clan did differently than us should be disallowed!"

upgrading th on prep day is rare. each base can only do it effectively 5 times (6 --> 7, 8 --> 9, 9 --> 10, 10 --> 11, 11 --> 12) and then only if the rest of the war roster is set up to make it effective (so 6 --> 7 and 8 --> 9 might not even matter)

with a 15 win streak it is possible the enemy clan had a couple near-max 10's holding books, hammers, overflowing season banks, and maybe even $20 (usd) for the level pack just waiting for a win streak to come along
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Another point... there's nothing stopping you from doing the same thing to another clan. Then you'll have the advantage that you perceive to be so unfair.
    they did not just up the town hall.. they upped town hall got warden and E drags and Spell factory upgrade....

I run 7 th10s all max and they are pretty good at attacking and even the best th10 will struggle vs a med sized th11.

our clan is 204 wins 50 losses 25 draws so we know what we doing...

also im not going to go th11 just do be the same as the others in my clan its th10 and th9 for war only.

end of the day its a huge advantage for somebody to do that... same way as how back in the day u use to put down inferno tower during prep then cancel it to match 9.5 ect.

it should not be allowed

Quote Originally Posted by GucciGobGang View Post
    If your clan is trying to stay engineered then this may happen regularly against clans that are progressing quickly. To blame a war loss on a build or 2 being finished seems silly though - the match difference is extremely small over an entire clan though, and unless they are gemming or using magical items to finish multiple builds or get 5 lvls on a Grand Warden they will still be relatively evenly matched -it seems like you are trying to stay at a comfortable level to give yourself an advantage, and then complaining about others progressing for an advantage ; I would recommend moving further up before th13 comes out
    im not just talking a baby th10... this clan used books to get warden 5o lvl 5 got E drags then used a power potion. plus he had his eagle gemmed and made it near impossible.. its ♥♥.

log still looks good 5 red lines 200 win 50 loss 22 draw but still...

Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post

the war match up algo is set to match similar town hall. if somone then upgrades a loot (pay yo win) then yea it needs to be nipped in the bud.