Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: War Modder Admits / Supercell Doesn't Care?

Banned

War Modder Admits / Supercell Doesn't Care?

TL-DR: Run into a modder, SC asks for proof, I get proof, SC is completely dismissive and do not even bother to look at the evidence they just continue to close chat. Modding player still 100% in all their wars, every single war.

What's the protocol here?

Context Background: I play solo (5v) wars with multi's 1 full max 12 and the rest are smaller accounts. I win at about 70% to 80% not terrible and no issues taking a fair Loss, it's casual and I only need to jump on for a 5 quick attacks a day since the baby accounts are quick and fast.

So here we go...

Recently I match an undefeated war clan (only 5 accounts all in war I've matched another solo player, very common) but I noticed this guy runs PERFECT on all his wars 15/15 (ok sweet record I'm thinking this guy knows what he is doing) then I look at the account activity and of course it's a full max legend with barch sitting silver so my brain starts to think that there is a chance he could be bot farming (alarm goes off in my head.)

Sure enough in war he uses a new th3 to unlock my main base, no real scouting since th3 troops are far too low to penetrate this was just a basic short spam attack with a couple troops.

Now my base is full max 12 and has never been tripled and this guys attack was something out of a fantasy book with perfect placed surgical loons triggering air mines no where near his previous drop, he surgically places every damn troop with nearly bizzare methodology and wouldn't you know it.... he of course threes stars.

I report this to supercell in game support chat and they say they require evidence, I ask what kind I could possibly gather and they say a video would be good.

Well I request to join after the war and to my surprise the guy lets me in. I flat out asked if he was modding and he just starts laughing, I said SC will notice and ban your account, I said it's pretty obvious but you don't even try to hide it they way you attack, (his attack was illogically surgical) he says quite clearly while LOLing on screen that SC will notice, but just watch they will do nothing, I am safe. He says again, they will do nothing, no ban just watch.... he goes on like this just laughing but not denying and not apologetic, he was just extremely confident nothing will come of it. (sounds like he is 100% right.)

This goes on for a bit, he's a bit rude but my assumption is correct and he practiced on the base for hours, I asked why it was worth putting his account at risk he said something to the effect of liking ending everybody's streaks and once again SC does nothing "just watch they do nothing you'll see". I remind him he is just ending streaks based on mods and not skill he doesn't care.

Anyways I send all the screen shots of chat and this player admitting to it, even after I had already reported this.

I'm really disappointed in supercell because after I provided these images they just continue to close the chat, they won't even acknowledge the screenshots. They simply don't care. I've watched this player now, still crazy active, still crushing wars, still botting and nothing is ever done.

So players like this will continue to go 30 wars with 30 wins war modding all the attacks and ruining the game for the rest of us.

Now I get with the Legends overhaul that Supercell is not worrying about Modders right now but the message Supercell is sending through their inaction is clear.

1. Modding is ok
    2. We will say we will ban you for it but we won't.
    3. We have much bigger issues to deal with that isolated modders in 5.
    4. If you have an alternate device then jailbreak it and go to werk. 100%

I've got longer chat logs of our convo, he admits this several times, and throughout is extremely confident that SC does nothing, says how he operates he is safe from SC... mod.jpg
    Last edited by MonaLisaLegend; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:35 PM.

You know.. if you declared guilty you must to prove it, btw the only way to report any suspicious cheater is through support, here nobody can help with that but you could be nice and upload the cheated attack so all we can see.

Or he might get caught in the next banwave, if the evidence is hard enough.
    Him just talking is... meh. A vid of his attack is okay, especially since it got scouted by a th, not even close to reveal something. After that, perfect placement. Does sound valid for your assumption.
    If you would've caught him rebuilding your warbase, that would've been the perfect sweet spot, since like that others got banned into oblivion in the past.

In such cases, the bans come in waves, rather than instant.

Maybe nothing will be done, as he said, but just because he currently still is able to play, doesn't mean he istn't on the next banlist.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    I’m sorry, but a screenshot of someone admitting to something is really not enough proof or evidence of foul play and especially not on a game. So you can’t expect them to simply dish out bans because of a screenshot of someone saying something.

The fair play fights against such things are an always ongoing battle and he is liable to be caught.
    I remember all too well when the first banwaves started years ago and the tears that were shed from people losing their precious accounts believing they couldn’t be touched.

Theres really nothing anyone can do on the forums I’m afraid and it does need to go through support.
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:16 PM.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    Maybe he gets caught in next ban wave, maybe he doesn’t. OP’s point here is that SC doesn’t even care to address it or if they are, to acknowledge that they will address it. The guy was clearly confident and gave no f***s, so it would seem even a cursory investigation would catch him. It’s very frustrating when you play a game for yeas and spend thousands of dollars that they are so cavalier towards cheaters. They don’t care at all about bot farming, which is just as much cheating as anything else.
    FlatulusMaximus-TH12
    Leader of Exiled Kings-#9UQRYVLJ

Forum Veteran
    An important point that you might not realize is that supercell doesn't ban modders immediately, they wait until they have a big group and then they ban them all together. This is a strategy to make it more difficult for the modders to figure out how they were detected. So what you might be seeing is justice delayed, not denied.

It would obviously be better customer service to have some boilerplate paragraph for support to explain that. Something like "Thanks for reporting; we will investigate; if we find evidence of TOS violations a penalty might not be immediate, but it will come eventually."

Maybe he has attacked your kind of bases more than 10 times and knows all traps ..umm not saying that he's isnt definately modding. also, they say ...SC ban players in waves. Wait for a wave (Optimistic to say the least)
    Condolances to those who faces him till then
    " Sometimes in your life you just meet someone or hear something that nudges you on the right path. And that becomes the best advice. It could just be a bit of commonsense said in a way that resonates with something in you. It's nothing new, but because it connects with you it holds meaning for you. "

Banned
    +1 #THIS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlatulusMaximus View Post
    Maybe he gets caught in next ban wave, maybe he doesn’t. OP’s point here is that SC doesn’t even care to address it or if they are, to acknowledge that they will address it. The guy was clearly confident and gave no f***s, so it would seem even a cursory investigation would catch him. It’s very frustrating when you play a game for yeas and spend thousands of dollars that they are so cavalier towards cheaters. They don’t care at all about bot farming, which is just as much cheating as anything else.
    100% Yes, there is a disconnect with SC being overly confident they are doing their part but when put to the task with a concrete case to look into they are 100% dismissive and leave it up to the next ban wave (which I actually mentioned to the support agent.)

I can take a loss it's just a game, and practicing on an unlocked base just for a triple sounds like a waste of life, my issues is the complete disregard from support. There is a catch 22 here, SC says gather evidence but there really isn't much you can gather that they accept to look into further. The response was "maybe get a video" which seems strange to me because I would have assumed they would be able to pull a replay of the attack but on that note I'll grab a screen record of the video.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    An important point that you might not realize is that supercell doesn't ban modders immediately, they wait until they have a big group and then they ban them all together. This is a strategy to make it more difficult for the modders to figure out how they were detected. So what you might be seeing is justice delayed, not denied.

It would obviously be better customer service to have some boilerplate paragraph for support to explain that. Something like "Thanks for reporting; we will investigate; if we find evidence of TOS violations a penalty might not be immediate, but it will come eventually."
    I really hope you are right, it has been a bit but I'll be patient. I am also super curious because i really only play for war (although the new legend league looks really appealing) I recorded his player tag because I was curious and I'll follow up.

Actually I'll keep an eye on this account and if it is ever dealt with I'll update the thread.

Maybe the guy is just yanking your chain and not cheating at all. With the new meta your base just might be less defensive than it used to be.

He can say whatever in chat, does not mean that it is true!