Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: engineered bases in war need to stop.

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything

engineered bases in war need to stop.

these need to be disabled from joining wars.

We are currently fighting a 20v20 war their number 19 is a mid level th8. their number 20 is a maxed out (attack) th11 with 1 defence placed. this is utterly unfair. Disable people like this from entering into any war without having EVERYTHING placed from at least the town hall lvl previous.
    I understand normal farming attacks cannot be stopped in terms of fixing this problem, but at least you can change wars up so they cannot be entered.

do u have clan tags I could come and see,
    Last edited by alcusmc; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:30 AM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza88 View Post
    these need to be disabled from joining wars.

We are currently fighting a 20v20 war their number 19 is a mid level th8. their number 20 is a maxed out (attack) th11 with 1 defence placed. this is utterly unfair. Disable people like this from entering into any war without having EVERYTHING placed from at least the town hall lvl previous.
    I understand normal farming attacks cannot be stopped in terms of fixing this problem, but at least you can change wars up so they cannot be entered.
    Their d/less 11 gives them one extra attack over you.. He gets 2 chances on higher halls, whereas you will clear his base in return.
    What are the roster break downs?.

Forum Veteran
    Agreed, bases other than engineered bases need to be disabled from entering war. Only people who have demonstrated the serious commitment of building a base optimized for war deserve the pleasure of engaging in it.

Without more detail on the matchup we can not tell if it's a mismatch or not. For instance, here's a clan we are currently facing in war:

https://ibb.co/z65Pkw3

Note that even with their one cannon wonder (that one of our TH8s already wrecked) they still have a hero disadvantage:

ours:
    413/391/103
    theirs:
    368/362/100

To put it simply, that base is not helping them at all.

ETA: I forgot to mention, the two top 12s on our side were fully maxed prior to the lastest Supercell update. Their top 2 12s aren't even close to being defensively maxed.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:36 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 39/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 50/40/20 heroes

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    Agreed, bases other than engineered bases need to be disabled from entering war. Only people who have demonstrated the serious commitment of building a base optimized for war deserve the pleasure of engaging in it.
    That was not the intent of the post.
    The reality is that they get 2 heavy hits for the price of giving 3 stars.. That is the reasoning behind their use.

But it is a single account in a 20v war.. If those other 19 accounts are negated, and the war is won or lost dependant on that 1 low def/high off account inclusion, then something is sadly wrong with the roster in the first place.

People will tend to look for advantage, and using lop sided is a common way, whether it be .5 or more extreme.
    But they tend to only get that advantage if their oppositions anchorage is too lightweight, or has no cover.
    They tend to be more frequent if your roster is stretched, which gives a wider scope for the match up.
    They often can include extra offence, if they are at a hero disadvantage.

I am neither pro nor anti engineer, they are simply a part of the game.
    but there are often reasons within your own roster that allow them to be drawn.
    Hence the reason for asking.

As an edit.. If SC had decided to display the war map using offence instead of defence, would rushers have been the focus of peoples attention?
    My rushed 12 with low offence would have been an engineered account.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:20 PM.

Do you really need the extra offense of that lopsided defenseless TH11?

I have one of those lopsided TH11's with only 1 cannon and max heroes but I had to stop putting him in war because it was drawing even harder defense on the enemy with max heroes.

Last war for us we also faced a clan with a couple defenseless TH11's on the bottom, but their defense up top was considerably weaker and we won easily.

What is enemy war log like? I bet you they aren't winning all their wars.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

it doesn't matter what anybody else's war log looks like or if they win or lose. it is the principle of the matter. with mjr j's own self-matching experiment showing clans can put themselves right where it is most advantageous

i can't imagine defenseless 11s being of use if th12s are topping the roster. but many clans running th11s at top do get "victimized" by clowns running an extra th11 offense in the bottom slot that was going to get 3 starred anyway

in smaller wars, this is even more of an advantage because you cannot make defenseless 11s anymore

for that reason alone sc needs to make an exception

i have an outline over in the ideas forum on how to do this

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...chmaker-please

in 5 of the last 6 wars we have had we have faced engineered rosters. we do not have a single base that is even close to being engineered. for a while we had a couple new 11s with warden bit no eagle and "oh, yeah, you're .5 so gonna draw engineers"

like it is our fault normal progression draws engineers. whatever

so we put down eagles. we got a real opponent. then this morning our absolutely nowhere near engineered roster drew this:

us -----> them
    th11 --> th12 (very weak)
    th11 --> th11 (anchor)
    th10 --> th10
    th10 --> th10
    th10 --> th10
    th10 --> th10
    th10 --> th10
    th10 --> th9
    th10 --> th9
    th9 (rushed) --> th11 (cannon, 4 max ad's, presume max teslas and traps)

our last 6 classic wars:

engineers: won
    engineers: lost
    regular enemy: won
    engineers: tbd (shown above)

so we are looking at either 60% or 80% wins vs engineers after this war

it's not a matter of beating them. my argument is on principle

obviously engineering is far from dead if 5 of our last 6 opponents have been engineers. even if you are of the camp blaming us for drawing engineers, it still shows they are out there in pretty significant numbers

as people adapt to the new metas, they will find the sweet spot (self-matching shows it can be done) where they can "set it and forget it" and run the same, static, engineered roster of static, complimentarily-engineered bases and catch smaller clans running th8 - th11 or th9 - th11 10v10 or 15v15 wars

so what? who cares? 60% - 80% wins I should shut up and be glad to see them, right?

wrong

engineers suck the competitiveness out of the game. instead of being skill based certain areas of classic war are undermined by mathematically gaming the system in the most opportune places

obs has shown sc cares about the top players being determined by SKILL

cwl has shown sc cares about top clans being determined by SKILL

now, hopefully, sc can turn some attention to classic war matchmaking and make sure matches are pitting clans for wars based on SKILL too

let the engineers war. just let them war against each other
    Last edited by HonoraryGoblin; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:34 PM.

Forum Veteran
    i might suggest looking at it from another perspective. Although you hate matching them, you seem to have no problem beating them. if that is the case, the fastest way to stop engineering is to continue to push them into the dirt and make them chew on it. they continue to lose, they will darn quick stop doing it. view it as community service if that helps.

lol

my message in chat was this:

"engineers. again. yay"

"put your boots on their <redacted> necks and grind their <redacted> faces in asphalt and broken glass"