Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: engineered bases in war need to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    I was responding to other posts that said they had lost wars by a single star and blamed engineers.
    i suppose that is directed at (or at least includes) me. yes, you can look at a lineup and see that all things equal (no disconnects, fat fingers, etc) that nobody in your clan has the offensive muscle to 3 star a mid-to-max th higher that is sitting in an anchor position and that a max offense sitting in the bottom spot is two more high level attacks they bring to the table

i have been in a war clan that engineered the roster. i ran several low accounts with the task of taking out the bottom 1/2 to 2/3 of the map. pretty much the understanding going in was everything below #1 and #2 on both sides was going to get 3 starred and the war would come down to a single star or even percentage. Who got that star/percentage was determined by who engineered the roster better moreso than who had better attackers (but your low end better be damn good attacker(s) to maximize the hits your top can put on their top 3 or 4 bases --- you want to have at least 3 quality hits available and maybe a lower to scout for each one)

so i fully understand the thought process

in the last few war results i gave, we met two strong engineers and a few that tried but didn't know what they were doing. this last clan was super-rushed 1 thru 10 and the 11 in the bottom spot under 9s conveyed the sense of a bad engineering attempt more than let's just take any old rushed base to war. they had 30-some accounts in the clan. this one didn't attack. they only made 5 attacks (another sign they gave up after poor initial attacks). this *all* points to a failed engineering attempt

i can also tell after the first hit usually what the strength of their clan organization is as well as pretty close to who on their side is assigned which of our bases to hit. so if not on prep day, then early on in war i can pretty much predict the outcome just seeing what they have, how they have chosen early targets and how well they attack

i have frequently adjusted strategy as soon as i saw what their strategy was going to be to carve an advantage at top, middle, or bottom -- wherever we were stronger

but we fight no matter what. we don't get discouraged just because the numbers favor the opponent. we put up 90-95% damage pretty much every war regardless. win or lose

but that one we lost by one star? it wasn't even close. end game was just us cleaning bases for a star here and there to make it look respectable

just because we lost by 1 star doesn't mean we had a snowball's chance of winning
    Last edited by HonoraryGoblin; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:24 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    i suppose that is directed at (or at least includes) me. yes, you can look at a lineup and see that all things equal (no disconnects, fat fingers, etc) that nobody in your clan has the offensive muscle to 3 star a mid-to-max th higher that is sitting in an anchor position and that a max offense sitting in the bottom spot is two more high level attacks they bring to the table

i have been in a war clan that engineered the roster. i ran several low accounts with the task of taking out the bottom 1/2 to 2/3 of the map. pretty much the understanding going in was everything below #1 and #2 on both sides was going to get 3 starred and the war would come down to a single star or even percentage. Who got that star/percentage was determined by who engineered the roster better moreso than who had better attackers (but your low end better be damn good attacker(s) to maximize the hits your top can put on their top 3 or 4 bases --- you want to have at least 3 quality hits available and maybe a lower to scout for each one)

so i fully understand the thought process

in the last few war results i gave, we met two strong engineers and a few that tried but didn't know what they were doing. this last clan was super-rushed 1 thru 10 and the 11 in the bottom spot under 9s conveyed the sense of a bad engineering attempt more than let's just take any old rushed base to war. they had 30-some accounts in the clan. this one didn't attack. they only made 5 attacks (another sign they gave up after poor initial attacks). this *all* points to a failed engineering attempt

i can also tell after the first hit usually what the strength of their clan organization is as well as pretty close to who on their side is assigned which of our bases to hit. so if not on prep day, then early on in war i can pretty much predict the outcome just seeing what they have, how they have chosen early targets and how well they attack

i have frequently adjusted strategy as soon as i saw what their strategy was going to be to carve an advantage at top, middle, or bottom -- wherever we were stronger

but we fight no matter what. we don't get discouraged just because the numbers favor the opponent. we put up 90-95% damage pretty much every war regardless. win or lose

but that one we lost by one star? it wasn't even close. end game was just us cleaning bases for a star here and there to make it look respectable

just because we lost by 1 star doesn't mean we had a snowball's chance of winning
    If just one base can tilt your war too much usually it is a sign of stretched roster too much, maybe can be said a roster engineering, in our war, one extra max th12 will not give them a win if the other bases dont really performing
    Last edited by samratulangi; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    If just one base can tilt your war too much usually it is a sign of stretched roster too much, maybe can be said a roster engineering, in our war, one extra max th12 will not give them a win if the other bases dont really performing
    Yes if winning by just 1 star, changes need to be made. Our closest war in last 50 wars we won by 8 stars.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Yes if winning by just 1 star, changes need to be made. Our closest war in last 50 wars we won by 8 stars.
    Yes our closest in 50 wars we have 14* in 60-46*, maybe a bit closer if they r more strategic, but never close to 5*
    Last edited by samratulangi; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    our last engineers (the ones with 2 th12s and a th11 below the 9s) just went down 24-8. We had about 93% damage (a couple high-percent 1 star attacks. it happens). their #2 base was indeed their anchor as both th11s only 1 starred it. i three starred the weak 12 in #1

i almost pity them. they are so rushed in the non-engineered portion of the lineup that the engineer in #10 can't help them (didn't even attack. they had 5 attacks for 8 stars). they will struggle to be caught up

but i don't pity them because they knowingly tried to use the math and intimidation to win where they clearly lacked in skill and (to a lesser extent) base design

you're giving them way too much credit. these people likely have no idea what engineering is and probably have no idea what's going on. I'm guessing these are not clans that are knowingly engineering. they're just gathering the bases they can get and starting a war. the low defense accounts are there because no one else will take them anymore

people who are engineering to win don't end up in positions like this.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:03 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    you're giving them way too much credit. these people likely have no idea what engineering is and probably have no idea what's going on. I'm guessing these are not clans that are knowingly engineering. they're just gathering the bases they can get and starting a war. the low defense accounts are there because no one else will take them anymore

people who are engineering to win don't end up in positions like this.
    I agree many are not good engineers, or even at all engineers, but most likely some are trying.

And those offensive lop sided bases sitting in these clans are probably just on an ego trip.
    They should be negated by most organised clans, as their anchors will provide sufficient cover so that the 3 stars given away are hard for that engi to win back.
    Suppose that is why they are residing in these back water clans now.

But, to focus on HonoraryGoblin himself, he is making some good noises. Has obviously been around the block.
    I would personally like to see some more posts from him.
    I guess he has plenty to offer to our little pow wows.

Information
    The the reality is that you canít war with any th lower than th 11 anymore. 11s donít seem to draw 12s most of the times and youíre handicapped without defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Therockcoc View Post
    The the reality is that you can’t war with any th lower than th 11 anymore. 11s don’t seem to draw 12s most of the times and you’re handicapped without defense.
    Why is that a reality? My clan wars 12-8 or 12-9 and matches similar clans.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Therockcoc View Post
    The the reality is that you can’t war with any th lower than th 11 anymore. 11s don’t seem to draw 12s most of the times and you’re handicapped without defense.
    Sorry mate, but course you can.
    The draw is roster dependant.
    If you put out a common roster, then it is unlikely you will draw a lop sider, because the MM can fix you up with something similar.

Those outlier bases tend to come from allowing the search to widen, which stopped occurring for a long while IMO.
    But, if a clan over stretches, low loads, or simply uses overly rushed accounts, then finding something similar becomes difficult.
    Since the MM wants to match you, and you made it difficult, then it will go as close as possible, but will make allowances.

Moving on a little.. What is the difference between a rushed base and an engineered base?.. Answer is not much, generally speaking.

The other way to make drawing offense heavy, lop sided opponents, more common place, is to have a decent hero advantage. Although in this case the engineers are generally fighting an uphill battle.

So, if you have a theory on how matching is done, then you can war at any weight, because you can spin with an expected search result in mind.
    Balanced bases within a balanced roster mate.

Moving on a little.. What is the difference between a rushed base and an engineered base?.. Answer is not much, generally speaking.
    answer: skill and intelligence

i am by no means a maxer mentality and i believe in placing/upgrading smart weight (teslas) over placing/upgrading stupid weight (bomb towers) until you have to (like right before you level up the town hall). i guess that makes me an "engineer" of sorts

my definition of "rushed" has nothing to do with the color of your walls (if a wall won't be broken, no need to upgrade it)

"rushed": a war base which is routinely 3 starred by a lower th level, and which cannot routinely 3 star it's own th level and/or 2 star the th level above it

in that instance, i don't care if you are maxed everything! if you insist on running a youtube base everyone has seen and beaten a 1000 times and can't figure out that lightning spells aren't used with hogs...

...you have no business being at that th-level and put in wars!

you have rushed beyond your knowledge and ability

but have a th8 that has wooden walls and it's war configuration usually holds with 1 or 2 stars vs the 7s that think it's going to be easy. the 8s that try to clean it. and even a few 9s that dip on it

my favorite was when i was spying in a clan and a th8 hit my th8 for a 0 star 38%

the message in their chat was priceless

"wilson just got <redacted> by the worst base i've ever seen!"

all the global elitists who see pink walls and scream "you're rushed!" aside, truly "rushed" is purely relative to how the base performs in war
    Last edited by HonoraryGoblin; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:22 AM.