Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Reasons why the new Legends league is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    Its so funny how some still think skill is main factor.. it was explained with detailed examples why free time will still be the main engine of legends league.

Skill will be involved only when player did all 8 attacks each day over the season.
    Take the 1% who are in legends, out of those take the small percentage who can actually attack every day (many have lives, jobs, kids, family trips, weekends) missing a single day drops you so much that you have no chance to be in top again.

And now you can say at the end of the league that out of this (probably 0.3%) of the player base skill was a factor, for the rest its irrelevant.
    Partly right in my opinion.

Getting really skilled in this game takes time. Keeping up with the meta, practicing with FC, and of course developing your base to maxed. So I think it is pretty safe to assume that people who are skilled, are also people who have time to play. And 8 attacks are easy to do over a day, especially if you boost one hour.

Of course, there is always the chance you miss a day. We do have shields for that, so if you really want to compete among the best you just buy a shield.

However... think a second about the majority of legend players. Good enough to get to legends (which basically is very easy once you reach TH 11-12) but in no way extremely skilled. Let me take myself as an example, as I know I am no exception.

When I finally decided to go for Legends (last month) it took me little time. Spamming electro dragon with loons at every base I got offered got me to 5300 trophies very easy. Skilled? Not so much. Just unlucky to be bed-bound at that time so having too much time on my hands. So yeah, I got the purple shield, but in no way that reflected skill.

Now we are in the new Legend system and I am around 5500 trophies, having a hard time to defend that position. Meeting awesome bases, being attacked by skilled players now and then. No longer spamming electro dragon-loons anymore either, as I know that does not cut it. So when we are a week further, I know that the trophy range I am at, is the max I can currently reach with my skills. And THAT is what it is about: Your position reflection your current skill level (both offensive as defensive).

1-3-4 best 👌 ... For #5 I need to find a good anti 2star base lol, edrags spammers luckily gets 2star and even if they fail they are still getting 5/10 trophies

Agree with all 5 reasons.

Now having a hard time in low Legends with 3 heroes upgrading, but can't wait to have them finished and do a whole season in Legends with a full army.

Not having to swap cc troops between offence and defence is a major improvement too!

And for those who say they don’t have time to do 8 attacks per day: which is easier, keeping a device active for hours, while at work, out playing golf, shopping, talking to family, all the time keeping one eye on the cloudy screen?

Or taking 8 3-minute attacks at times of your choosing spread through the day?

new system is so much better - good job SC.

I'm loving it up here. No clouds. Do all your attacks when you want as long you get them in.
    8 attacks is enough for me. Loot up here is brilliant.
    The fact that you don't have to worry about defending CC troop is a major plus.....

Its so funny how some still think skill is main factor.. it was explained with detailed examples why free time will still be the main engine of legends league.

Skill will be involved only when player did all 8 attacks each day over the season.
    Take the 1% who are in legends, out of those take the small percentage who can actually attack every day (many have lives, jobs, kids, family trips, weekends) missing a single day drops you so much that you have no chance to be in top again.

And now you can say at the end of the league that out of this (probably 0.3%) of the player base skill was a factor, for the rest its irrelevant.
    Most people should realistically be able to find time for 8 attacks during the day. 24 minutes of playing in an average 16 hours awake time during the day. If you can only access your device for a period of a couple of hours a day though, it will definitely be an issue.

I have my grumbles but there is certainly plenty to applaud about the new legends system.

my phone battery loves the new update. it has been great not listening for 30 min notification, base found notification, etc. just make attack when able and move on. phone isnt constantly charging.

guys who think it is based on skill, most have 3 heroes down, no matter how skilled, it is very hard to get max trophies with zero heroes. for first month or so, will likely be the big money spenders who gem everything right away at top of legends. so not really skill, but more "pay to win".....but this will only last so long. once everyone catch up to gemmers, skill will be bigger factor

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Based entirely on an almost certainly false premise.

Or somewhere close to it, agreed.

Take the 1% who are in legends,
    Since we are only discussing legends, it is 100% of the players at question.

out of those take the small percentage who can actually attack every day (many have lives, jobs, kids, family trips, weekends) missing a single day drops you so much that you have no chance to be in top again.
    This is your probably false premise. I don't know why you think it likely to be a small percentage - I would expect it to be a majority.

You don't get to legends unless you a take a reasonable number of attacks, pretty well every day.

This discussion is about Legends, not about the player base as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    This is your probably false premise. I don't know why you think it likely to be a small percentage - I would expect it to be a majority.

You don't get to legends unless you a take a reasonable number of attacks, pretty well every day.
    I checked the average number of attacks in high and low legends during current season until the day the update dropped. In high legends it was 6-8 a day.
    In low legends the spread was high but the majority had less than 4 a day (just tap the trophy icon in game and scroll down).
    Day 1 after obs I was attacked 3 times, day two 7 times.
    I am pretty sure time will be a component in the new legends as well.
    Last edited by AcemanCOC; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:37 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Free time to make 8 attacks, yes. Lol. If you are able to get to legends league in the first place, you probably did it by doing more than 8 attacks per day.