Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: healer ai question

healer ai question

I have not used archers en masse in quite some time, so it is possible I missed a change, but I had an attack today where my archers were not targeted by healers at the end of a raid. I was able to reproduce in a friendly challenge where they weren't targeted at the beginning.

I am wondering whether (and when) a change was made to healers not targeting one housing level troops. I assume any change made was to deal with healers and groups of skeletons.

Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, but failed to find anything via some brief searches.

The only change to healers was that their radius for splash healing [larger groups] has been changed from 2 tiles to 1.5 tiles. No other change has been made [recently].

Stupid question..
    Were the archers taking damage, or being one-shotted by defenses?

Thanks to DragonX101 for the awesome sig!

|STATS|

No damage, but I would expect the healer to at least fly over and start targeting them. Try in a friendly challenge. Healers start targeting before the troop even takes damage. They aren't doing it for archers (and I assume other one housing troops) but they are targeting 2 housing troops like a wb.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyOdysseus View Post
    I am wondering whether (and when) a change was made to healers not targeting one housing level troops.
    That's been how the healers have worked since at least 2015.

Sep 24, 2015:
    Quote Originally Posted by realwarrior250 View Post
    As far as I know, healers don't heal individual archers, they need to be grouped up to work
    Oct 15, 2015:
    Quote Originally Posted by hashtagbene View Post
    Healers don't heal 1 housing space troops (barb, arch, goblin) individually. Healer starts working to the closest(+ highest) 2 or more housing spaces group. Sorry it's hard to explain
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 661 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    That's been how the healers have worked since at least 2015.
    Ok, thanks. For some reason I had it in my head that the lava hound trick required only an archer and a healer, but apparently it has been at least two since the time of the posts you sited.

Pro Member
    I'm not a pie you eat, I'm the pie that eats you. Nomnomnomnom.
    Healers like to heal skeletons last I checked. Have they patched that?
    1) I sometimes bring 30 wall breakers to my raids, no lie. Half the walls in the base are destroyed, all it takes is one, maybe 2 rages. Maybe they need a nerf instead of <insert troop here>?

2) A picture is worth a thousand words. A replay of an attack is worth a lot more.