Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Cups Gained On Defense WIN?

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvsever View Post
    It's still a negative action right less of one sure (-4 vs say -5), and maybe that bonus doesn't come in the form of say an addition to trophies it could be XP or who knows what, but it's so easy to 1 star, with increased hero levels and specifically when folks are going to focus on anti 3's now that actually winning a defense is some what of an achievement in it's own right. The friend vs friend thing is all relative so now they will just opt out and soak up an attack for 0 vs getting a plus no difference there since everyone is on the same system.
    There's a big difference between soaking up an attack for 0, and giving someone 40 trophies though. That's even more important now actually, because if you're settled into an area where you're only netting a few trophies for every attack/defense...being able to pick up a free 40 trophies is a HUGE boost, PLUS all the trophies you'll get for your corresponding attack.

XP or something certainly works better since it doesn't impact the fairness and scorekeeping of Legends. I have the same take as you, it's SUPER easy to 1-star...it just leads me to think that then getting no stars was either some kind of random fluke and not really related to the defense itself, or a mechanism to intentionally lose.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by justsaying View Post
    I think the change is to make it impossible for people to intentionally drop trophies thereby trapping all the farmers in legends and propelling their trophy counts ever upwards.

You can lose 320 trophies a day if you put up an easy base and don't attack anyone (and slightly less than that if you decide to just attack the storages which are primarily easy to get to now).

I think non of you have read how the new legends works! I am currently up 144 trophies (2 more defences to go) and about 8 mil of each and about 40k de today!
    COC: Working on TH12 Clash Profile

I think the change is to make it impossible for people to intentionally drop trophies thereby trapping all the farmers in legends and propelling their trophy counts ever upwards.
    Wrong because:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    You can lose 320 trophies a day if you put up an easy base and don't attack anyone (and slightly less than that if you decide to just attack the storages which are primarily easy to get to now).

I don't understand the complaint/question about losing a few cups on a defense. The attacker got some %, they get some cups and it sure is better than if they get a star. Do better on your own attack and it is a win.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:56 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Wrong because:

And also if you don't want to be in legends, don't opt in when the season resets in a few days.

I don't understand the complaint/question about losing a few cups on a defense. The attacker got some %, they get some cups and it sure is better than if they get a star. Do better on your own attack and it is a win.
    I don't think not opting in is an option, because that pretty much freezes your attack.

The complaint about losing cups is based on the fact that you gained significant amount on successful defense prior to the update and not losing -4 cups. This may be OK for hardcore players that get 3 stars on pretty much every attack. Also the satisfaction you get after you win a defense by those +14 or +20 was awesome when you logged back in.

Anyhoo! I think I am getting a hang of it now. But I thought a successful defense should have been awarded with better than a NEGATIVE cups. Even a +4 would put a smile in my face

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefox12 View Post
    The complaint about losing cups is based on the fact that you gained significant amount on successful defense prior to the update and not losing -4 cups. This may be OK for hardcore players that get 3 stars on pretty much every attack. Also the satisfaction you get after you win a defense by those +14 or +20 was awesome when you logged back in.

This +1 it isnt that that the new system isn't fair its just different from what we have been used to. Defensive wins rare though they might be in legends were (since day one of CoC) a huge and usually welcome trophy windfall.

I think the developers might have given an explanation for the rationale for such an important change. I have an idea that it may be needed to prevent very high level players from "donating" trophies to friends in reach of a season victory at the very end of the season. But whatever the reason it is a big deal and would be awesome for the developers to explain need.
    Last edited by justsaying; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:56 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefox12 View Post
    I see what you are trying to do there. But losing cups on a defense win which is RARE, is still a big let down of this update.
    This 👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

Well, if it's all about 'It's a negative number. I don't like it!', then think of it about:
    I already lost 40 cups, once the attack started. Depending on how my base does defend, I'll get em back. Whohoo, my base defended! I got 36 of my cups back!

Not 'rewarding' cups on a def does kill some hickups that were around.
    Or does anyone really want to see someone with lots of friends at the top, since they gifted him cups, every time they came across him? In a competetive, fixed environment which 'should' have the same rules for everyone applied?
    Right now, they just can skip the attack. Which is like he hasn't been attacked in the first place.
    Last edited by Luicetarro; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:10 PM.

In Legend league only, we lose one trophy for every 10% of destruction, on a defensive win.

The trade off is that our loot is unstealable, which to me, is a bargain.

...Defensive wins rare though they might be in legends were (since day one of CoC) a huge and usually welcome trophy windfall...
    Just a nitpick... There was no Legend league until a few years AFTER day one of COC.

Carry one... Nit picked...