Thread: Assigning Targets to specific Clan Members in wars

Assigning Targets to specific Clan Members in wars

Hi people,

So the CoC team already did a whole lot to make it easier for Clan Leaders to plan wars in terms of envelopes and members being able to claim targets. Yet is still often happens that some clan members don't stick to the war strategy; sometimes they don't necessarily agree with the plan, other times they didn't understand what was required from them. Mostly players over-estimate their abilities and then someone needs to clean up the mess they have made.

Not being one of those leaders that believe it's always the best idea to kick a member on every first occasion, I always look for ways to keep them and rather improve their game.

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct thread, but I would like to suggest that leaders and co-leaders have the ability to make only certain bases in a war available to a member to attack. Thus forcing them to attack the correct target in stead of deciding for themselves which base they want to attack and costing the clan a war they could and should probably have won.

The same idea could perhaps be implemented in troop donations. Too often a member donates something else than what was asked. If requests can be done in such a way that you tick from a menu what you want to get donated (as is the case in Hay Day), people can only donate that and nothing else as it won't be possible. This would prevent a lot of grievances within a clan.

Thanks clashers. Looking forward to hear your thoughts.
    Last edited by Boertjie; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:53 AM.

Millennial Club
    Good idea, agree

I really don't have anything against this, but I would not use it. Too much admin work. Targets change, and plans change. As for the donation thing, would you also require level specifiers? Again, just too much work for something that should be about educating clan members, not allowing leaders to micromanage.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 39/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 50/40/20 heroes

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    I really don't have anything against this, but I would not use it. Too much admin work. Targets change, and plans change. As for the donation thing, would you also require level specifiers? Again, just too much work for something that should be about educating clan members, not allowing leaders to micromanage.
    Agreed. interesting though, the OP speak s about coaching and learning yet he takesaway all choice. Exactly how is someone supposed to learn which bases they should attack when they have it spoon fed to them? How is someone going to coach appropriate behaviour when they have no opportunity to do any behaviour except for what you proscribe?

I led teams of folks in real life for many years and from my perspective you can coach and teach much easier by setting the expectations and teach people how to do things correctly and that includes explaining WHY it is important that they do things a certain way. I have never found people learning by not letting them do things. My father actually had a good saying “ burnt hand teaches best”, sometimes allowing them to fail and then having the talk afterwards is the best way. if after the talk they continue the same behaviour, you have more options you can exersize, one of the first would be to keep them out of war if they dont listen. I would leave the kick as a last resort.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:24 PM.

Millennial Club
    Ever heard the phrase, "If you dummy proof everything, you'll only end up with dummies in your clan."

In other words, I agree with Totsi on this one. Much better to teach than to stifle all learning. I could see it now, clan needs a 2 star for the win, but the only base available is one which the only member left is banned from hitting. Leaders are no where in sight, ooh clan loses by one.

Thumbs down on this idea from me.