Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Great Update, One complaint

I would be extremely happy if SC introduced the concept of dropping trophies for LL players, may be at the cost of a Book, a Hammer, some gems, whatever.

TH 12, Level 244
    Queen: 65, King: 65, Warden: 40

Quote Originally Posted by TheLord1969 View Post
    I would be extremely happy if SC introduced the concept of dropping trophies for LL players, may be at the cost of a Book, a Hammer, some gems, whatever.
    I think it might cause problems if the players dropping out of legends don't give their trophies to players still in legends. We do all reset to 5000 at the start of the season and that still works ok, so maybe it would be fine but it just seems a bit off. Players that don't want to be in legends will avoid it easily next season anyway so I don't think a change is needed.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:29 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Perhaps you could read what you are responding to, particularly if you are going to accuse others of not reading what you wrote.

You keep on about "the rate at which you are losing trophies", but that is because you are still taking your attacks. He suggested not doing so.

Now I don't know how high you are in Legends, but on average, you should expect to lose around 20-25 trophies per attack, 150-175 per day. If you don't take your attacks, then those will be pure losses, and it should only take a few days unless you are very high in Legends - which seems unlikely given your comments about others not trying against you.
    Oh I ready what they wrote. So I need to stop playing the game for a few days in order to play the game. Seems legit bro. I am purposely limiting my trophy wins to 10-15 trophies, and just going for loot.

I am just going to wait for the reset, and use my trophy drop base and hope I get smashed a few times.

No reason to get even less loot trying to drop trophies by not attacking. The whole point of leaving Legends is to get more loot.
    Last edited by Heyduk; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I think it might cause problems if the players dropping out of legends don't give their trophies to players still in legends. We do all reset to 5000 at the start of the season and that still works ok, so maybe it would be fine but it just seems a bit off. Players that don't want to be in legends will avoid it easily next season anyway so I don't think a change is needed.
    See this is helpful, understanding what the limitations of the system are. So you are saying that anyone who wants to drop out of legends will have to wait until reset, effectively.

It still seems silly that you are auto opted in for the first attacks, during the reset process there could still be an opt out that took you to 4999 trophies (coming up from Titan 1 instead of down from Legends), that should have far less of an impact on total trophy count, and would still remove the silliness of having to wait a day to do anything.
    Last edited by Heyduk; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:40 PM.

May I suggest a simple solution.

Right now once you opt into Legends there is no going back. You remain opted in no matter what.

If the "opt-in" remained active, you could change to opt out, with it taking effect the next League day.

Once opted out of course you could no longer attack, but still defend when not shielded. You could be attacked by other legends and Titans within trophy range. You could discard your shield and take another defense as needed.

Key to making this work is for opted out bases to NOT be restricted to only 8 defenses per day. Permit them to be attacked as often as shield and trophy ranges allow. A player would still need to discard shields manually and frequently to make it work.

I realise I am proposing a qol change only 48 hours into a new update. Also this will take longer than players want, but it is within the current guiding philosophy, and protects the trophy economy. Should be a simple fix. Hope it gets the consideration it deserves.
    Last edited by PapaTroll; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:04 PM.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Heyduk View Post
    ...an opt out feature that just drops you to 4899 trophies would be great, at least until a better solution can be found. (At least at the beginning of the next season so I don't have to drop 100 trophies?)
    This would cause trophies to be prematurely removed from the game.

Oh I ready what they wrote. So I need to stop playing the game for a few days in order to play the game. Seems legit bro. I am purposely limiting my trophy wins to 10-15 trophies, and just going for loot.

I am just going to wait for the reset, and use my trophy drop base and hope I get smashed a few times.

No reason to get even less loot trying to drop trophies by not attacking. The whole point of leaving Legends is to get more loot.
    See this is helpful, understanding what the limitations of the system are. So you are saying that anyone who wants to drop out of legends will have to wait until reset, effectively.

It still seems silly that you are auto opted in for the first attacks, during the reset process there could still be an opt out that took you to 4999 trophies (coming up from Titan 1 instead of down from Legends), that should have far less of an impact on total trophy count, and would still remove the silliness of having to wait a day to do anything.
    I suggest do your 8 attacks per day in legends for the fun, practice and loot since you don’t lose any loot on defense anyway. You will then reset to 5000 in a few days and at that time if you decided legends wasn’t for you, set a war farming base, take your 8 big losses and you will quickly down to titans needing to only drop 101 cups. That first day of the new season you also can still do your 8 attacks, but just with your queen to snipe one outside storage and nothing else, which will equal 0 cups.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.