Thread: Option to use Siege w/o using CC

Fresh Spawn

Option to use Siege w/o using CC

Simple request, add option to use siege machine without using my current CC troops. I want to be able to keep my defensive CC troops from being used in attacks, while still being able to use my very-much-needed Siege Machine. Possibly by either a pre battle option OR an option on the CC itself, such as Sleep/Defend, just make it Attack Only(donít defend)/Defend Only(donít come out of Siege in attacks like I want) or Both(function like normal). Would be a huge QoL change for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nraboy View Post
    Simple request, add option to use siege machine without using my current CC troops. I want to be able to keep my defensive CC troops from being used in attacks, while still being able to use my very-much-needed Siege Machine. Possibly by either a pre battle option OR an option on the CC itself, such as Sleep/Defend, just make it Attack Only(donít defend)/Defend Only(donít come out of Siege in attacks like I want) or Both(function like normal). Would be a huge QoL change for me.
    i'm not necessarily opposed to the toggle suggested, but i am struggling with the scope of players that meet the following criteria:

• have defensive troops that survive multiple attacks

• can 3* or otherwise beat bases without extra cc troops

• can get sieges replenished (by a th12) for repeated attacks but can't get defensive troops replaced after final attack

i don't know your play schedule compared to rest of your clan. i don't know your relationship to the siege donating 12. i don't know your clan operations at all. but i would think the three criteria outlined for such a need would be so marginal, it would be a "shrug" deal

"if we can do it with minimal coding, fine. whatever. but we have bigger issues on the table."

Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post

• can get sieges replenished (by a th12) for repeated attacks but can't get defensive troops replaced after final attack
    If OP is a TH12, they can make their own siege machines. If their clan is anything like my clan (we're pretty casual), it could be hours before defensive CC troops get refilled.

OP, where do you propose this toggle would be located exactly? What would it look like? Keep in mind it needs to be intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    If OP is a TH12, they can make their own siege machines. If their clan is anything like my clan (we're pretty casual), it could be hours before defensive CC troops get refilled.

OP, where do you propose this toggle would be located exactly? What would it look like? Keep in mind it needs to be intuitive.
    fair enough. i thought of that after I posted and my own elitism clouds my understanding since I have multiple th10-th12 accounts that can donate to myself in a matter of clicks

like i said, i'm not against the idea but sc may see it more of a clan management issue since it deals with donations and cc

I think thatís a great idea. Iím a TH 12, when I go looting I use my seige to clear stuff. Sometimes I have troops for defence but have to use them to use seiges.

If there are troops in your cc here is 2 different ways your idea could possibly work. One is on the screen where you choose multiplayer, practice or campaign. Have a toggle button on whether or not you want to take your cc troops along. Second is this, similar to choosing ground or air for the grand warden before you deploy him. When you tap the seige button on the bar, along with the toggle to choose which machine you want or none at all. Have another button somehow without it looking crowded that says full or empty before you deploy your seige. Rough ideas. But I agree as there are sometimes i would like to use my seige and not my cc troops. But no matter how you look at it there is always risk of too many buttons, switches, and toggles on screen at a time.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post

ilike this idea a lot. i have been feeling the need for it for a while. in my opinion the toggle shouldnt necessarilly be during an attack, it shouldd be before. instead of just having 2 options of sleep, vs defend, it should be sleep, vs defend, vs use in battle. default will be to go to battle, but like people are saying that it isnt such a common need, so those people who want it will have to make sure to toggle it before they actually need it in war or an attack