Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bold cloud solution - but it feels very flawed

Forum Veteran

Bold cloud solution - but it feels very flawed

We had 11 accounts in Legends when the update happened.

My opinion and the opinion of 3 others is 8 will be too many and we will almost surely drop out of legends. We all got our 5 in yesterday that we had but we were really focused on doing it day one. But no chance I would have done 6 through 8. So I expect to drop within a day or so.

5 of the remaining 7 have complained that 8 is no where near enough. They used to try to climb as high as possible every season. Now they feel it is impossible to climb any more. Their opinion is with 8 defenses they will lose about 160 (give or take) cups every day and with 8 attacks they will gain about 160 (give or take) cups every day. While they'd like to think they are better than average, they still see it as nearly impossible to climb more than a few cups each day if you're lucky. And the higher they do go, the tougher the competition and the likelihood they wont be able to gain. These folks are questioning what to do with their comments along the lines of: play as is? Drop to Titan? Quit the game? At this point, they're frustrated and unsure.

The last 2 accounts were the same person. This was a person that would be online almost the whole day and always pushed hard every season. He rarely ever spoke in chat. He did his 5 attacks within the first hour and could do nothing else. Woke about this morning to a "F this" (most he has said in months) chat message and he removed both accounts from the clan and quit the game.

I applaud SC for making such a bold fix to the ever present cloud problem. But I think this might end up being a catastrophic fail.
    I got nothing

ME: SoulCutter: #YVUUYGLC; TH12.

It's still very possible to push trophies. You just have to be good at attacking rather than have 14 hours to spend searching through clouds now.
    th12: 65/65/40 | 61/63/36 | 57/62/31
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
    I totally understand, that there are several leauges in each tier. That is so obvious, that it is insulting to act, like I didn't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
    I know, it isn't easy for normal people to understand the thoughts of a genius.

Good basebuilding skills and good attacking skills will definitely end up in a "+" in trophies.
    Brainless troop spamming and using public base layouts will end up in a "-" in trophies.

Forum Elder
    I see the exact opposite... Most of our TH12 used to farm somewhere in Golden league, most are now up in Legend and others are trying to make their way up. Legend has become a really nice playground for high level players, each attack up there is equivalent to a CW attack, and we love it.

Yes you can farm a lot more in Titan league, I wouldn't mind some increase in the available loot in Legend, but it's still quite ok as it is, and not having to wait in cloud for hours is a BIG QoL improvement. I can now attack whenever I want to, been waiting for that for so long.

This new system probably requires some tweaking, but globally, it's way better than what it used to be ! Best update ever.
    IGN: Steph - TH 12 - LVL 253 - 2B+ GG/EE - Max cups: 5617 - BK 65 AQ 65 GW 40
    300/300 LVL 13 Walls

Quote Originally Posted by bbdoc View Post
    Legend has become a really nice playground for high level players, each attack up there is equivalent to a CW attack, and we love it.
    I respectfully disagree with you there.
    In a CW attack, you can scout on the village and compose an army that exploits the vulnerabilities of the enemy village. In Legend League, you have to use an allround army and do the best possible with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gamul1 View Post
    We had 11 accounts in Legends when the update happened.

My opinion and the opinion of 3 others is 8 will be too many and we will almost surely drop out of legends. We all got our 5 in yesterday that we had but we were really focused on doing it day one. But no chance I would have done 6 through 8. So I expect to drop within a day or so.

5 of the remaining 7 have complained that 8 is no where near enough. They used to try to climb as high as possible every season. Now they feel it is impossible to climb any more. Their opinion is with 8 defenses they will lose about 160 (give or take) cups every day and with 8 attacks they will gain about 160 (give or take) cups every day. While they'd like to think they are better than average, they still see it as nearly impossible to climb more than a few cups each day if you're lucky. And the higher they do go, the tougher the competition and the likelihood they wont be able to gain. These folks are questioning what to do with their comments along the lines of: play as is? Drop to Titan? Quit the game? At this point, they're frustrated and unsure.

The last 2 accounts were the same person. This was a person that would be online almost the whole day and always pushed hard every season. He rarely ever spoke in chat. He did his 5 attacks within the first hour and could do nothing else. Woke about this morning to a "F this" (most he has said in months) chat message and he removed both accounts from the clan and quit the game.

I applaud SC for making such a bold fix to the ever present cloud problem. But I think this might end up being a catastrophic fail.
    Quit ? Are they so Impatient that having instant 8 attacks makes them quit the game ? So they like sitting beside phone all day ? Also are they Pilot Pushers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsaliz View Post
    Brainless troop spamming will end up in a "-" in trophies.
    oh damn
    and that was my last hope!

(no heroes electro dragon spam! FTW)

Can I ask you something?

How long do you used to wait in the clouds before the update arrives?

I believe the total time needed to wait for an opponent is more than the total time needed to execute 8 healthy attacks. There are already some people complaining that 8 is too few, so don't expect that the number of attacks will be lowered soon.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsaliz View Post
    I respectfully disagree with you there.
    In a CW attack, you can scout on the village and compose an army that exploits the vulnerabilities of the enemy village. In Legend League, you have to use an allround army and do the best possible with it.
    Yep, there has to be a difference, or this would be a 2nd CW. But you still learn a lot more than in old Legend league when most players had a "farming base" with their heroes and clan castle sleeping because defence didn't really matter. I was 3* 9 attacks out of 10 in Legend league, now I don't anymore. You need to learn how to attack any base with a standard army and 30 seconds to scout it. Ok that's not exactly like CW, but still a big improvement.
    IGN: Steph - TH 12 - LVL 253 - 2B+ GG/EE - Max cups: 5617 - BK 65 AQ 65 GW 40
    300/300 LVL 13 Walls

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bbdoc View Post
    Yes you can farm a lot more in Titan league,
    For me and the others - its not about farming. I simply do not have time (or not willing to take it) to do 8 attacks every day. I used to do 2 to 4 attacks a day, rarely above that. Most days I cant boost so I have a hard limit to how much time I can spend in the game.

Its just simple math - If I get attacked 8 times a day but I only use 3 or 4 of my attacks, I am 100% guaranteed to fall out of legends eventually. So at some point, why not just do it directly and get it over with?
    I got nothing

ME: SoulCutter: #YVUUYGLC; TH12.