Thread: Worth being in higher leagues?

Trainee

Worth being in higher leagues?

Say your at th9, in crystal 1 or so. The loot’s great and you’ve been able to max troops and such.

The problem, though, is you’re being attacked by higher town halls and losing mostly.

My question is: Is it worth being in higher leagues if you’re losing defenses? Are you gaining more loot from raids than you’re losing from being attacked?

(Trying to decided if I want to go back to crystal or if I should stay in gold.)

Quote Originally Posted by KraxyK View Post
    Say your at th9, in crystal 1 or so. The loot’s great and you’ve been able to max troops and such.

The problem, though, is you’re being attacked by higher town halls and losing mostly.

My question is: Is it worth being in higher leagues if you’re losing defenses? Are you gaining more loot from raids than you’re losing from being attacked?

(Trying to decided if I want to go back to crystal or if I should stay in gold.)
    Even when your base gets destroyed, youre not losing that much loot. Most of the loot lost comes from collectors if youre managing your resources properly and have a good base to protect your de storage. I will almost never hit a th down unless its collectors and storages are full, otherwise it doesnt offer enough loot.

It is worth being in the 'right' league only in that you will spend less time searching for a base to loot. Crystal is a great league to find dark elixir as a th9, and I would not recommend dropping to gold if you are farming dark elixir. I would actually suggest sitting on the edge of crystal and master between 2500-2600 trophies and farming with partial armies off of the dead 10s that are there.

As a th9 you should be farming dark elixir from th10s anyways, as they offer a substantial amount more loot from the dark drills. De drills at th9 offer 2700 at the most, whereas de drills at th10 can offer up to 5400 when looting them.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    It is worth being in the 'right' league only in that you will spend less time searching for a base to loot.
    I agree with Middle. I just want to add on that, while you may offer something worthwhile to 10s in gold/elixir, you're likely not competitive with dead bases in dark elixir offers. As you close in on max TH9 and end up in a place where you're just working on heroes, you should come to terms with the idea that gold and elixir are essentially worthless and are acceptable losses as long as they don't touch your precious dark.
    | Clan: BEST IN 'BOAG | Rank: Co-Leader | Current League: Legends |
    | Level: 172 | Townhall 12 | King: 50 | Queen: 60 | Warden: 20 |
    | Gold Grab: 2.00B | Elixir Escapade: 2.00B | Heroic Heist: 13.10m | Friends in Need 109.01k |

Forum Elder
    Do yourself a favor and disregard any loot lost on defense. Its not significant in the long run and easily made up.

In my opinion you should try to choose well who to attack, you should be able to get more than you spend for training, after a few attacks you’ll get the 5-stars bonus (the higher the league the higher the gain) which is more than enough for regaining the loot you lost in defence.
    Just 2/3 attacks for every defence and you’ll gain a lot more than you actually lose.
    Good luck 😉
    Last edited by L0ry04; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:21 PM.

Last week I pushed my th9 up to champs for the achievement and the 2k gems that comes with it.
    I stayed up there for several days, but was getting matched with mostly with decent th10s, a fair number of 11s, and I even got matched with 2 or 3 12s.
    I'd have to search for 5-10 minutes to find a th9 to hit or a dead/near dead 10.
    Decided to drop back down into crystal and have found tons of loot.
    Floating between crystal 2 and crystal 1, if that helps any.