Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Can't use recently edited base for legend league?

Are you people kidding me? You are all telling that oh my god SC was thinking about copying war bases to see attack on LL days... NO!!! You really think they are this smart? Hell no. I tell you what happened!
    - Hey dev team so we need to push out this amount of features or riot! How much time do you need to develop it?
    - Well we have to do this and that and yadiyada so X.
    - Ok you have X/2 to do it.

And now the dev team starts to reuse existing code like the popup for offering a base for friendly challenge. And this is what happens. BUG PILE. And you people even give them an escape goat they did not even think about. GJ on saving their asses. Now u will never see this fixed.

“an escape goat”!?! Lol that’s one of the best bits of broken English I’ve read in a long time

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    “an escape goat”!?! Lol that’s one of the best bits of broken English I’ve read in a long time
    According the the second entry on urban dictionary, escape goats are actual things.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgson View Post
    According the the second entry on urban dictionary, escape goats are actual things.
    Sounds like what I need when I get caught clashing during family time.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by dodgson View Post
    Lol! I prefer the first entry

I copied a base from the internet, but I cannot select it as my defensive base in legend, now I can see it in action the day after tomorrow. I think they really have some weird bugs - they are really not good at reusing their code base, and when they fail to do it right.

Can we please fix this? The cooldown from simply not being able to use it until the next Legends League day is sufficient. I get that clan wars > all, but if this is to be the next competitive stage for individuals in Clash of Clans, being unable to change your layout when you recognize an error in it for basically TWO days is totally unacceptable.

I feel like this was just a mistake, and SC should just admit it and fix it.
    Leader: Sparrow's Order (#9VLVRCQG); Recruitment Thread; Facebook

Forum Contender
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Alrighty strap in folks and listen very carefully because I shall say this only once.

Engineering, spying, modding and practicing on a base endlessly to find the perfect 3 star solution, anything for a slight (sometimes unfair) edge in wars to win. Most forum folks know to what lengths player go for the even the slightest advantage whether itís real or psychological on a game like this. I have been informed as some of you have guessed thatís also the idea behind changes to legend league bases and the cooldown as a result. Because people could copy a base and have the legend league defenses to evaluate 8 solid attacks on a layout.

There is 2 things to note. Because the system now works with snapshots it wouldnít be possible to have changes take effect immediately in the middle of league day so the cooldown is another day after the changes were made. Which seems like a really long time.

In discussing this they do see that itís pretty harsh and itís certainly not an ideal situation so at least the issue is on their radar and theyíre exploring QOLs to help make it better at least although some cooldown will probably always remain. So possibly they can look into ideas for the cooldown not to trigger as fast like the placement of a new building etc. Now what theyíll come up with and when I donít know and canít promise anything as itís still on their drawing board for ideas but itís good to know it has their attention.
    While I can appreciate the intent of this (make it harder to test bases for war) I still have three issues.

Having (up to!) 8 strangers with their unplanned army take 30 seconds to plan a raid on your base is simply not a good test, not so amazing we have to prevent ALL Legend league players from editing their base

It seriously effects players who add a defense or indeed any building, to their mainbase. So anyone who has just gone to a new TH or got OTTO. All of their bases are going to be on cooldown, by default.

It actually doesn't even work. As shown in other posts here, if you edit ALL your bases, so that you can't chose ANY for your Legend League snapshot, it has to choose a base for you. It chooses your home base. So all you need to do is set your HOME base as the war base you want to be "tested" and you have bypassed the whole stupid cooldown anyway.

Can we please have an update on what will be done about this?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    While I can appreciate the intent of this (make it harder to test bases for war) I still have three issues.

Having (up to!) 8 strangers with their unplanned army take 30 seconds to plan a raid on your base is simply not a good test, not so amazing we have to prevent ALL Legend league players from editing their base

It seriously effects players who add a defense or indeed any building, to their mainbase. So anyone who has just gone to a new TH or got OTTO. All of their bases are going to be on cooldown, by default.

It actually doesn't even work. As shown in other posts here, if you edit ALL your bases, so that you can't chose ANY for your Legend League snapshot, it has to choose a base for you. It chooses your home base. So all you need to do is set your HOME base as the war base you want to be "tested" and you have bypassed the whole stupid cooldown anyway.

Can we please have an update on what will be done about this?
    This ^^^ ten characters.

Rules for using recently edited bases for Legends defense should not be the same for Friendly Challenges. As long as we don't use a new base for FCs, it shouldn't matter in Legends. We should be able to make instant base changes in LL.