Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Farming in legends

Dude If you don't like new legend league attack limitations then just drop your trophies. I don't know about you or your mates but I used my 8 attacks in first 12hrs of the day COMFORTABLY!!!!!!

I hated every minutes in the cloud and couldn't even attack more than 4 times in a day. I appreciate what SC did and came up with this awesome solution. As for farming, I got my Warden to 31 in 2 days period of farming.13 attacks did helped me get 10M Elixirs and I'm looking forward to make it to 32 next day
    Last edited by MrSJS; June 20th, 2019 at 02:01 PM.

Farming is WAY better down between gold - Master
    it is also easier for legend players to compete in war now.
    I might drop for next season to farm,
    but once I max out again I am happy to come back up.
    With next seasons gold pass I might decide to just stay up anyway ...

Farming is sooooo. U have easier now than ever before as well.
    in 2.5 seasons of gold pass I have almost maxed a th9 from 0! (Got some of the th packs to help)

Why does farming have to be available in legends? There a ton of other leagues for that, no?

I am currently in legend and will drop to titan 1 after this season to farm. If I want to push, I will join back up. I dont see the problem personally.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJefesJefe View Post
    /Affront, I've noticed you are very negative and critical with your telling people how to manage their time and their life.

If they choose to play a game all day that is thier choice and has nothing to do with you.

Try to be more constructive. You come off as kind of a jerk. I assume you mean well and really would rather have people do more than play a game. However without knowing their circumstances it comes off rather rude.
    There have been a lot of threads about the number of attacks Legend players are given.

It seems to me that people have been extreemly quick to forget the clouds and are a bit confused about the difference between quality play time and waiting for hours to attack one base. Staring at the screen for 18 hours is not quality play time, though it seems to be enough to fill out the time for some people.

I am very constuctive and THAT rubs people the wrong way and of course I'm the jerk for pointing out the obvious:

If you are weak, you don't belong in Legends.

If you are too concerned about resources, you don't belong in Legends.

If you can't attack 8 times a day (you COULD NOT before the update) you will get kicked out of Legends.

The days of th10's in Legends are over.

My initial estimate of my resource intake is, that I will have absolutely no problems keeping my Royals down the next 5 weeks and keep my Builders active. I will have some problems keeping my trophies up, but that's the deal when fighting with no heroes at all.

Give the new system a chance before being negative about it.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-16.17.16.18.16.18.18.17.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGame1 View Post
    Fair does that's quick with the de, what do you farm with?

I'm in legends with king and warden down, but I've often found the storages aren't near the town hall so now I tend to go for the storages and hope for 50%, if i can grab the town hall it's a bonus at the moment.
    League Bonus x 8, 5 star bonus, loot from 8 attacks, it adds up fast when you don't lose anything on defense. A Resource Potion will help a bit too.

Right now, I'm just attacking with a mass eddie army.. I've lost a few attacks ttoday, but I still have some left and the BK wakes up before the League day ends so I might just use him in attacks tomorrow. The distance between the AQ and BK upgrades are not the optimal 3.5 days yet.

So, I'm not really farming bot rather trying to survive and win every battle.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-16.17.16.18.16.18.18.17.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Centennial Club
    I do appreciate the quality playtime over quantity. That is a really good point. I also think a better solution should be offering everyone the quality playtime, and quantity if they choose. While obs is a good solution It does not account for people who want additional quantity.

Just make legend league an extension of every other league but also allow opting into king of the hill mode an extra feature. Cap everyone at 5k trophies in legends but allow play to continue like normal. With the added bonus of the new system as an additional feature.

Why is it so inconceivable to allow for people to have more attacks to play more if they choose to? /Affront I think you are genuine in your belief people should do more with their life however some will choose not too or just can't. I know some players in game constantly because they are disabled. I know independently wealthy people who don't work and just clash for fun. We have an old retired man in our clan and clash helps him with something to do throughout the day.

More clash, more better.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    There have been a lot of threads about the number of attacks Legend players are given.

It seems to me that people have been extreemly quick to forget the clouds and are a bit confused about the difference between quality play time and waiting for hours to attack one base. Staring at the screen for 18 hours is not quality play time, though it seems to be enough to fill out the time for some people.

I am very constuctive and THAT rubs people the wrong way and of course I'm the jerk for pointing out the obvious:

If you are weak, you don't belong in Legends.

If you are too concerned about resources, you don't belong in Legends.

If you can't attack 8 times a day (you COULD NOT before the update) you will get kicked out of Legends.

The days of th10's in Legends are over.

My initial estimate of my resource intake is, that I will have absolutely no problems keeping my Royals down the next 5 weeks and keep my Builders active. I will have some problems keeping my trophies up, but that's the deal when fighting with no heroes at all.

Give the new system a chance before being negative about it.

/Affront
    All of multiplayer is a trophy pushing competition, all of it. It started with clans as a whole competing, then as individuals and then they introduced Legends.

At one point Gold was the highest league and then they added Crystal (Purple), Masters (Black), Champions (Red), Titans (White/Gold) and Legends (New Purple?).

But SC never intended the game to be just a base building game. It has always been SC's intent for CoC to just be a trophy pushing competition/tournament up until the introduction of Clan Wars where it became about that too.

There is no farming in multiplayer.

There is no farming at all.

So if we stick with SC's intent then everyone should be pushing.

There is only pushing in multiplayer.

Further it is no coincidence that the townhall/wall colors match those of their corresponding leagues, th8 (purple walls), th9 (black walls/townhall), th10 (red townhall/walls), th11 (white/gold townhall/walls), and th12 (white/blue townhall/walls).

With each new townhall, SC introduced a new top league, sometimes beforehand in anticipation of soon to be released townhalls, as if their intent was for all th8s to be in Crystal, th9s in Masters, th10s in Champions, th11s in Titans, and th12s in Legends?

So by your very own logic, the following townhalls belong in their repsective leagues and no where else:

Th5 = Bronze League

Th6 = Silver League

Th7 = Gold League

Th8 = Crystal League

Th9 = Masters League

Th10 = Champions League

Th11 = Titans League

Th12 = Legends League

Further if you are weak, you belong in the bottom of your league.

Th12 belong in Legends League.

If you are concerned about resources, you belong in your respectuve league.

Th12s belong in Legends League.

And if they don't, please tell me what the League is for all Th12?
    Last edited by B1gb8dwo7f; June 20th, 2019 at 04:17 PM.

For the millionth time, allowing anybody in Legends back into the normal pool completely defeats the purpose of the changes.

The core cause of the clouds was people making more attacks than they took defenses. That imbalance is an inherent piece of the normal matchmaking, and completely breaks when everyone in a trophy range is active. Reopening the normal pool to the most active Legends leads us to a place even worse than the one we were just in.

I understand you want to play more. I like doing 1-2 hour farm sessions myself. But limiting attacks in Legends is better for the game and miles better than the situation Legends were in 3 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by B1gb8dwo7f View Post
    All of multiplayer is a trophy pushing competition, all of it. It started with clans as a whole competing, then as individuals and then they introduced Legends.

At one point Gold was the highest league and then they added Crystal (Purple), Masters (Black), Champions (Red), Titans (White/Gold) and Legends (New Purple?).

But SC never intended the game to be just a base building game. It has always been SC's intent for CoC to just be a trophy pushing competition/tournament up until the introduction of Clan Wars where it became about that too.

There is no farming in multiplayer.

There is no farming at all.

So if we stick with SC's intent then everyone should be pushing.

There is only pushing in multiplayer.

Further it is no coincidence that the townhall/wall colors match those of their corresponding leagues, th8 (purple walls), th9 (black walls/townhall), th10 (red townhall/walls), th11 (white/gold townhall/walls), and th12 (white/blue townhall/walls).

With each new townhall, SC introduced a new top league, sometimes beforehand in anticipation of soon to be released townhalls, as if their intent was for all th8s to be in Crystal, th9s in Masters, th10s in Champions, th11s in Titans, and th12s in Legends?

So by your very own logic, the following townhalls belong in their repsective leagues and no where else:

Th5 = Bronze League

Th6 = Silver League

Th7 = Gold League

Th8 = Crystal League

Th9 = Masters League

Th10 = Champions League

Th11 = Titans League

Th12 = Legends League

Further if you are weak, you belong in the bottom of your league.

Th12 belong in Legends League.

If you are concerned about resources, you belong in your respectuve league.

Th12s belong in Legends League.

And if they don't, please tell me what the League is for all Th12?
    This is garbage. You are taking a very narrow view of the game and ignoring the obvious masses who play it in different ways than you claim supercell intends. They showed us years ago there is an intended way to play and they would make changes to the game to guide us in the right direction. At no time have I ever seen a supercell employee make any claims that mirror yours. There is farming in near every league except perhaps now Legend. There is no league for all of, and only that town hall. If supercell didn't like farming they'd have done out with it the same as sniping. These artificial categories you've segregated are of your own creation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM2U View Post
    This is garbage. You are taking a very narrow view of the game and ignoring the obvious masses who play it in different ways than you claim supercell intends. They showed us years ago there is an intended way to play and they would make changes to the game to guide us in the right direction. At no time have I ever seen a supercell employee make any claims that mirror yours. There is farming in near every league except perhaps now Legend. There is no league for all of, and only that town hall. If supercell didn't like farming they'd have done out with it the same as sniping. These artificial categories you've segregated are of your own creation.
    Affront is speaking with a very narrow view. Examine what I said versus what he said and you should be able to see the comparison and perhaps pickup on my sarcasm.

I am aware that SC has design by intent but then allows the player base to play how they want.

That is why there are "farmers," war farmers, pushers, engineers, war leaguers, streak defenders, casuals and the hardcore.

But you can't deny that SC didn't design the game in a certain with intent, even if they couldn't plan for unintended conseauences.

Many defenders of certain things like to only focus on those things that fit their narrative and ignore the rest and cling to inflexible, dogmatic views of things.

Legends is not just for a small faction of players but for everyone, just as is every aspect of the game.

Many would be wiser to stop telling people to drop or gt*o or quit the game.
    Last edited by B1gb8dwo7f; June 20th, 2019 at 07:57 PM.