Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Alternatie Idea for Legend League 8 attacks

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosTorch View Post
    8 daily attacks is a joke, that's not a solution
    8 attacks a Day is a great improvement- I have wasted so many hours and battery life on phones in clouds on daily basis. Around 6k you could sit out an weekend without attacks. And also some was able to get more attacks in because of the time difference compared to the amount of players playing in those regions. Now I can have a life and compete for a spot on the top list without it should be a contest to be online the most and how many to share an account to keep it searching .

So 8 attacks a day is probably a double up in daily averageattacks available for me now.

So thumbs up from me 👍🏼

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectThirteen View Post
    If you're not speaking on the topic at hand, why comment? Also, I didn't start the thread, just pointing out that this current argument against the OPs idea is weak.
    He responded, quite reasonably, to a point you had made. Most threads do not stick entirely to the original subject, and nor should they.

What does a 1000 attacks/defenses per day actually do? Your % net trophies should be identical in a theoretical world so the best attackers who invest more time in actually playing the game rise to the top?
    What 1000 attacks per day means is that nobody can possibly complete that many, even with account sharing. So it then reduces almost entirely to who can play the longest.

Sorry, that still fits my definition of fair.
    Not mine, nor Supercell's, nor, I believe, most active individual players of the game. It would inevitably lead to account sharers being the only ones who could compete at the top.

Which is absolutely not fair.

All games, including this one, should be rewarding players given their position on a dual spectrum of time played and general skill at the game. Once again I'd like to point out that I think SC's issue wasn't with players playing for hours, it was that they weren't really playing. Hence the guard update. (I could've also missed a larger statement on how SC interprets top level play & what they are looking to reward, if anyone remembers such a statement, just let me know)
    I'm not sure there has been a single "large" statement of that type. But there have been a number of statements by Darian over the last few months saying that they didn't want to make it "pay to win" or "who can stay online the longest".

Obviously, the biggest point was to get rid of clouds. But they wanted to do so in a way which was as fair as possible to as many Legends players as possible.

Incidentally, this post is where Darian explains the reasoning behind 8 being the chosen number, and states that may be adjusted.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12230576

I agree there are limits, but I don't think a variable option actually destroys those limits to any degree. I'm confused on your jump from "Some people get to attack and defend 16/day" to "Inherently unfair to me, who opted out of playing for that extra 24 minutes today".
    Once you have available options that many will not be able to reach, then it becomes more about time than skill.

8 still requires a reasonably significant investment of time, but not one which should be beyond most people who can get to legends ( I don't think many will get through Titans on 3-4 attacks per day. You can reach it, and probably sit in T3 on that many, but you aren't going to get to the top of T1.).

It may be that a few more would still be in the reach of most, but we will have to wait and see. But the opportunity should be the same for all, whatever the final number settled on is There should not be a number higher than most people can reach but which a few can choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyDK View Post
    8 attacks a Day is a great improvement- I have wasted so many hours and battery life on phones in clouds on daily basis. Around 6k you could sit out an weekend without attacks. And also some was able to get more attacks in because of the time difference compared to the amount of players playing in those regions. Now I can have a life and compete for a spot on the top list without it should be a contest to be online the most and how many to share an account to keep it searching .

So 8 attacks a day is probably a double up in daily averageattacks available for me now.

So thumbs up from me 
    I use an ipad, but still, wasting many hours and battery life on phones in clouds is a design problem by SC, not our "desire"

IGN: Carlos | Clan: City in the Sky (Co-Leader ) #L89QJOL |
    Town Hall: 12 | Level: 198 | KING: 57 | QUEEN: 60 | WARDEN: 30

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    Furthermore for every time someone picks a 16 attack/defense attack, it would take 4 people choosing 4 attack/defense to get the ratio back to 1:1. So not only does this proposal destroy competition for people who are already struggling to make 8 attacks per day, it also has huge potential to cause clouds.
    No, it doesn't make any difference to clouds, nor does it need other people to choose other options.

Whatever number you choose, the number of available attacks is the same as the number of available defences, so it is always 1:1.

Of course, for everybody who misses an attack, somebody else misses a defence, but that still doesn't cause clouds.

There are arguments against the variable number of attacks, but clouds is not one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

I already read some feature ......wrong!
    Seriously how many attacks do x daY? 3?-4? 10 with all night?????
    And for how many cups? 10?22? 35 in case of fortune?

And this system it's not better than the last?

With the last, farming entire day and for what? 30cups?( if fortune is by your side)
    And what happned when you go offline? BOOM -40!
    For what?

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #46
    One thing is sure SC have said they will be monitoring the values or the number of attack and loots closely over a certain amount of time. These numbers can relatively easily be changed if they feel itís needed.

The number of 8 attacks wasnít chosen all that randomly. As we know in the whole month of May less then 2% of all legends performed 8 attacks or more per day on average. Letís not forget, we just had an update and the toys are still new and shiny and thereís new stuff to upgrade. As always with new toys in the beginning it gets played with a lot and itís but after a while when the new toy isnít that new anymore it can easily feel like a chore to perform your daily 8 attacks and maintain position in legends.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No, it doesn't make any difference to clouds, nor does it need other people to choose other options.

Whatever number you choose, the number of available attacks is the same as the number of available defences, so it is always 1:1.

Of course, for everybody who misses an attack, somebody else misses a defence, but that still doesn't cause clouds.

There are arguments against the variable number of attacks, but clouds is not one of them.
    There are more variables at play than just a 1:1 ratio when adding variable quantities and different subgroups. I dont think it would be a huge clouding issue. But it does have the potential to lock people out from attacking. Maybe not a huge potential, but a potential nonetheless.

I have to say I’m pretty happy to have my 5 attacks in, 30 something cups gained and no need to have device searching. I was able to watch war attacks and donate when I otherwise would not have. I was able to get more attacks today than I usually would. I’m someone that enjoyed legends before because I have the ability to have a device searching for many hours most days, so I’m not one of the easier ones to convince that the change is good, but I have to say, the change is good.

Regarding the comment above about 1000 attacks and the % being the same, yes, but if two equally skilled players attack and one gets 1000 attacks and the other 100, the one with the 1000 attacks will destroy the other in terms of trophy count. So, there has to be some sort of limit. On the other hand, I don’t think just one or two attacks per day is good enough either. We do need a lot of attacks to really show the skill over the course of the season. They found a good balance with 8. Maybe it could have been 10 or something, but 8 seems reasonable.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Millennial Club
    I keep hearing this strange argument about fairness. Which the logic behind it is baffling to me. If someone opted to attack 16 times vs. 8 they would also be taking 16 defenses. As it's just as possible to lose more trophies than win based on a 1 to 1 attack ratio I don't see how that changes fairness in anyway.

Under the current system it does two things.

1) penalizes those that can't play as much during certain times of the week (ie. for work, school, etc.), but would be able to make up those attacks during off times (weekend for example)

2) Penalizes those who would like to play far more often. (based on the restrictions of only 8 attacks per day)

To me there is nothing 'fair' about either of those things.

Allowing People to opt in a certain number of attacks per day would actually create a 'fair' environment whereby people can play at the pace they can afford while maintaining a level of balance between attackers. Unless I'm mistaken the level of players you face is dependent on your trophy level, as your level increases so would the difficulty of the players you are facing in theory which completely eliminates this "unfairness" argument based on the number of attacks per day. You could just as easily fall further down as you could climb further up.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    I keep hearing this strange argument about fairness. Which the logic behind it is baffling to me. If someone opted to attack 16 times vs. 8 they would also be taking 16 defenses. As it's just as possible to lose more trophies than win based on a 1 to 1 attack ratio I don't see how that changes fairness in anyway.

Under the current system it does two things.

1) penalizes those that can't play as much during certain times of the week (ie. for work, school, etc.), but would be able to make up those attacks during off times (weekend for example)

2) Penalizes those who would like to play far more often. (based on the restrictions of only 8 attacks per day)

To me there is nothing 'fair' about either of those things.

Allowing People to opt in a certain number of attacks per day would actually create a 'fair' environment whereby people can play at the pace they can afford while maintaining a level of balance between attackers. Unless I'm mistaken the level of players you face is dependent on your trophy level, as your level increases so would the difficulty of the players you are facing in theory which completely eliminates this "unfairness" argument based on the number of attacks per day. You could just as easily fall further down as you could climb further up.
    We both start at 5000 trophies. My average attack gets 30, and I average losing 20 per defense. So +10 each time. With 8 attacks I gain 80 trophies to 5080. Your average attack gets 28, and you average losing 22 per defense. So +6 each time. With 16 attacks you get 96 trophies to 5096. You are both worse on offense and defense than I am, and yet you rank ahead of me. That's what we're talking about with fairness.

To your points 1 & 2, that's exactly how fairness works in actual competition. That's what MAKES a real competition. You don't go to a basketball game and have a team say "ya know what, we're really good for only about a half a game, so we'll just play a half and then leave, just count it for a win since we were ahead at halftime", neither do you let a team say "ya know...we'd be a MUCH better team if we played an extra 20 minutes, so how about we'll just keep shooting with our 5 guys on the court for an extra 20 minutes, you guys leave the court, and we'll just count any basket we make toward our score ok?".