Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Alternatie Idea for Legend League 8 attacks

What if you could do your 8 attacks per day and then after that, you could attack bases and get loot and loot bonus, but you didn't get trophies for any attacks over 8. That would still let players farm, but not let them climb the leaderboard just because they had more time to play.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JessVN View Post
    I am aware of those, thats why i think the system can handle a flexible signup # per day, without defeating the goal of leveling the playing feild
    Disagree and here is why: two players both at 5000 same base, same development, same skill. Lets say on average after 8 attacks/defends they come out +5 for each day. Over the month they both finish at 5150 (30 days x 5).

Same players but one does 16 attacks per day, he finishes the month at 5300 and his peer does only 8 attacks and finishes at 5150. Still a level playing field? Eliminated the fact that they are both identically skilled didnt it? That is why it has to be the same number for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Disagree and here is why: two players both at 5000 same base, same development, same skill. Lets say on average after 8 attacks/defends they come out +5 for each day. Over the month they both finish at 5150 (30 days x 5).

Same players but one does 16 attacks per day, he finishes the month at 5300 and his peer does only 8 attacks and finishes at 5150. Still a level playing field? Eliminated the fact that they are both identically skilled didnt it? That is why it has to be the same number for everyone.
    Sure? How about that exact situation but one player only has the time to attack 4 times/day. Now one finishes at 5150 and we'll say the other dropped to 4000-4100 (was defending twice as often as he attacked).

The current system still rewards time played. This is kinda a ridiculous argument against the idea of having more/less attacks, or a variable system.

I think the variable system gets fuzzy as far as bringing back clouds, but I could be wrong.
    | Clan: BEST IN 'BOAG | Rank: Co-Leader | Current League: Legends |
    | Level: 172 | Townhall 12 | King: 50 | Queen: 60 | Warden: 20 |
    | Gold Grab: 2.00B | Elixir Escapade: 2.00B | Heroic Heist: 13.10m | Friends in Need 109.01k |

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectThirteen View Post
    Sure? How about that exact situation but one player only has the time to attack 4 times/day. Now one finishes at 5150 and we'll say the other dropped to 4000-4100 (was defending twice as often as he attacked).

The current system still rewards time played. This is kinda a ridiculous argument against the idea of having more/less attacks, or a variable system.

I think the variable system gets fuzzy as far as bringing back clouds, but I could be wrong.
    Yes, it rewards time played up until the 24 minutes it takes you to do your 8 attacks. It effectively sets a general minimum for people who want to be at the elite levels. 24 minutes seems more than reasonable per day for people who want to be at the top levels of a competitive online game.

Forum Veteran

You are correct, but they have to set the same OPPORTUNIY for everyone. Whether 8 is the right number can be debated but it has to be the same for everyone. If you choose, cant, wont do the max then you are creating the situation, SC isnt creating it. 100% in your control.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OUSooners01 View Post
    What if you could do your 8 attacks per day and then after that, you could attack bases and get loot and loot bonus, but you didn't get trophies for any attacks over 8. That would still let players farm, but not let them climb the leaderboard just because they had more time to play.
    So you could just max your loot super easily without losing any on defenses? That seems...unbalanced.

Legends isn't intended for farming, it's intended for trophy pushing. I don't see why SC would make Legends more conducive to people with different motivations than what they intend it to be.

Forum Elder
    After a few solid weeks of data, I think they (SC) will revisit this topic and possibly up the number if they get a lot of complaints for peeps "Thumb Twiddling" after their 8 attacks have gone away while they are 'pushing'. but as others have said, Leggy league is about "Pushing" now and not so much farming. that was why they put the caps on Attacks/Defs and Loot. this way one must be good at base analysis and execution of attacking army (even if its not the best base for the army one is toting) when they get a target. seems like now more than ever damage-percentage and stars will be crucial factors for trophy gains.

Also you don't lose any loot from what I have read, so 2mara you can get those upgrades going hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    Yes, it rewards time played up until the 24 minutes it takes you to do your 8 attacks. It effectively sets a general minimum for people who want to be at the elite levels. 24 minutes seems more than reasonable per day for people who want to be at the top levels of a competitive online game.
    That's a great response to my comment without literally any context for the entire conversation. Any thoughts on the variable suggestion, which was capped at 16 (so still less than an hour per day which I feel is reasonable) or just a comment that was entirely unnecessary given common understanding of how games work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    You are correct, but they have to set the same OPPORTUNIY for everyone. Whether 8 is the right number can be debated but it has to be the same for everyone. If you choose, cant, wont do the max then you are creating the situation, SC isnt creating it. 100% in your control.
    That's an interesting take on "opportunity". Wouldn't everyone technically have the same opportunity to enroll for 16 attacks? Wouldn't a variable system actually be more fair given the idea of a balance of skill? Someone who is a skilled attacker with limited time for the week would be able to pick a lower attack/defense number, with an end result of them more effectively pushing.

I'm still of the mindset that, while some leveling of the playing field may be a nice benefit of the update, it wasn't a focus. Hence a variable system only coming into question with how it changes clouds.
    | Clan: BEST IN 'BOAG | Rank: Co-Leader | Current League: Legends |
    | Level: 172 | Townhall 12 | King: 50 | Queen: 60 | Warden: 20 |
    | Gold Grab: 2.00B | Elixir Escapade: 2.00B | Heroic Heist: 13.10m | Friends in Need 109.01k |

Forum Veteran
    That's a great response to my comment without literally any context for the entire conversation. Any thoughts on the variable suggestion, which was capped at 16 (so still less than an hour per day which I feel is reasonable) or just a comment that was entirely unnecessary given common understanding of how games work.

That's an interesting take on "opportunity". Wouldn't everyone technically have the same opportunity to enroll for 16 attacks? Wouldn't a variable system actually be more fair given the idea of a balance of skill? Someone who is a skilled attacker with limited time for the week would be able to pick a lower attack/defense number, with an end result of them more effectively pushing.

I'm still of the mindset that, while some leveling of the playing field may be a nice benefit of the update, it wasn't a focus. Hence a variable system only coming into question with how it changes clouds.
    I'm not speaking on the variable suggestion because it has been discussed ad nauseam in other locations (specifically the thread which announced OBS as a sneak peak if you're interested).

I thought I was being rather nice to comment on your stance, given that you could have found plenty of discussion and rebuttal of your idea had you taken a moment to search the forum for this very topic that's been discussed for a week rather than starting another thread on a topic already discussed in multiple other places.

Forum Veteran

Well, lets take it to a logical extreme then. How about we have a limit of 1000 a day? Would skill even matter at that point any longer? it would be all about the account sharers yet again wouldnt it? You may not like the limit of 8, thats fair. You may want it higher or lower, thats fair. You want it to be variable for everyone? no longer a level playing field.