Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: League Legend Now Gemmers Paradise???

New Bloke/Chick

League Legend Now Gemmers Paradise???

Been playing since Dec 2012... seen every update. Only one I hated up until now was the addition of BuilderBase.

While the past few updates have been GREAT...league legends really was a horribly complicated solution to a simple problem and I think the effects will be detrimental to the core of the game.

Did they get rid of clouds? Yes. Good job at that.

Did they make the game better? No. Quite the opposite, and here's why...

Anyone who is not max will get pushed down. Now you might think this is what the top is for, right? Sure, but allowing the naturally skilled attackers to rise brought balance to the game.

What the league legend really does is give a platform for those who pay to advance quickly to sit at the top. What was once a game that balanced the naturally skilled with those who could pay, now it is completely skewed to those who can pay, with each update creating a massive cash cow for supercell.

The loot cap at the top, plus the downward pressure of the new legend league will simply push the clouds down to titans and the issue will persist. The longer league legend continues, the more the downward pressure will grow.

I really don't get the concept of capping growth. Why when you can raise the ceiling infinite times?

How ever are you going to untangle this one Supercell?

Edit: The more I think this one through, the more issues surface. Without choice of base to attack, we will see less varied armies and bases. Since some armies are designed for a certain style of base, and since bases can't be passed, it will create the pressure for a single general army, and the counter will be a base designed to defend that army. This means less variance in the game that Clash will have to modify with constant tinkering with troop/def stats.
    Last edited by Kanefire; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanefire View Post
    Been playing since Dec 2012... seen every update. Only one I hated up until now was the addition of BuilderBase.

While the past few updates have been GREAT...league legends really was a horribly complicated solution to a simple problem and I think the effects will be detrimental to the core of the game.

Did they get rid of clouds? Yes. Good job at that.

Did they make the game better? No. Quite the opposite, and here's why...

Anyone who is not max will get pushed down. Now you might think this is what the top is for, right? Sure, but allowing the naturally skilled attackers to rise brought balance to the game.

What the league legend really does is give a platform for those who pay to advance quickly to sit at the top. What was once a game that balanced the naturally skilled with those who could pay, now it is completely skewed to those who can pay, with each update creating a massive cash cow for supercell.

The loot cap at the top, plus the downward pressure of the new legend league will simply push the clouds down to titans and the issue will persist. The longer league legend continues, the more the downward pressure will grow.

I really don't get the concept of capping growth. Why when you can raise the ceiling infinite times?

How ever are you going to untangle this one Supercell?
    Yes, those who pay have an advantage for the first couple seasons. They always did. Players that instantly maxed out before also had a big advantage. It is an important part of the game. What is there to untangle?
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Titan clouds will get better overall, not worse. Iím net negative in trophies for the first day, but I understand i need to become more skilled so Iím definitely happy clouds are gone

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboo1 View Post
    Titan clouds will get better overall, not worse. I’m net negative in trophies for the first day, but I understand i need to become more skilled so I’m definitely happy clouds are gone
    What's your logic?

What's your logic?
    Legends players attacked many titan targets. Without legends in the mix, those titan targets will be open to other titans.

I understand what youíve said, and thereís some merit to it. But look at it this way:
    There are usually only major content dumps every 2-3 months or more.
    A legend season is 1 month.
    Therefore, you can f2p farm the majority of new content (barring whole new THs), and still have a full season crack at legend before the next one.

Thatís what the whole game revolved around (aside from the massive spenders) for the first couple of years.
    At least there will be a functioning competition now when you get there.

If SC start doing big content dumps faster than can be feasibly done with all the magic items nowadays, then that would be poor.
    But apart from next TH, it should be fine. Itís what I plan to do, Iím used to that format.

- They said multiple times they didn't want Legend League to be the farming league (loot was always terrible at legends, but people are bad at math sometimes...);

- Clouds at titans 1 might fix itself because lower ths will be evicted from legends;

- I bet a lot of people complaining you have to "max th 12" dropped a lot of hammers on queen to 60+. Warden is more important, depending on the rest of your comp (for loons and most medium sized troops, i.e., it's crucial) because of the HP boost. Also, if they spent less time maxing mortars and sweepers on th11, they could have a better th12 now, with more effective GOOD defenses.
    TH12 - Max heroes, max walls (hitting master league bases, GiBoVaWitch, sometimes collector raids, sometimes QW, mass goblins during the first month-ish of th12, mass miner when that got old, nothing to see).
    People keep using the word "adapt" after big updates. Not adapting worked maybe too well for me, tho.

I agree heavy gemmers will have an upper hand once Th13 releases but, for smaller updates like this one, we former max players are all in the same boat.
    Lower THs and low TH12s should be naturally pushed down till they’re close to max tH12.
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

as i am not a hardcore gemmer, i knew gemmers will initially have an advantage , but i am not upset about it , i will farm my base in lower league and then push back up

Pro Member

Maxed base does not guarantee a skilled attacker or guaranteed 3*. It makes it easier but skill is still involved.