Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: League Legend Now Gemmers Paradise???

Not only gemmers will have the upper hand. Players who've been playing for several years and have maxed bases are favored, too, finally. I feel like the years spent maxing my base is paying off and giving me an advantage on defense, so now I don't have to spend hours to find cups to stay afloat. I think supercell's goal to eliminate the time factor was a success.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanefire View Post
    The moment money takes precedence to experience, the end is inevitable. This is the mistake of waaaay to many .
    Except legends doesn't take money for experience, so that's not a problem.

Warriors are OP
    Just done my 4 attacks under the new system. Didn’t gem a single troop, just waited for my heroes to retrain then attacked as usual. The difference was, no 15-20 minute wait to get a 6 cup offer from a maxed th12 base.

under the new system, the loot is better, the cups are better , and you wait literally NO time to find a base.

anyone who thinks this is not a HUGE improvement needs their bumps felt

Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    Just done my 4 attacks under the new system. Didn’t gem a single troop, just waited for my heroes to retrain then attacked as usual. The difference was, no 15-20 minute wait to get a 6 cup offer from a maxed th12 base.

under the new system, the loot is better, the cups are better , and you wait literally NO time to find a base.

anyone who thinks this is not a HUGE improvement needs their bumps felt
    There is some benefit to not waiting, I agree. But to be given the base which you cannot "next" and only surrender, I think you'll see more spamming attack strategies. I'd like to see a way to change troops on the fly when you are presented the base that you must attack.

Quote Originally Posted by vhs View Post
    There is some benefit to not waiting, I agree. But to be given the base which you cannot "next" and only surrender, I think you'll see more spamming attack strategies. I'd like to see a way to change troops on the fly when you are presented the base that you must attack.
    Like as a way to start the raid?

I know SC said they didn't want a scouting feature (in order to separate LL from war) but this could be a really interesting and fun dynamic. Chewing down the clock while you quickly scout and then pick an army on the fly.
    | Clan: BEST IN 'BOAG | Rank: Co-Leader | Current League: Legends |
    | Level: 172 | Townhall 12 | King: 53 | Queen: 60 | Warden: 22 |
    | Gold Grab: 2.00B | Elixir Escapade: 2.00B | Heroic Heist: 13.10m | Friends in Need 109.01k |

Pro Member
    Gemmed defences seem to have a bit of an advantage now.
    Vs gemmed max defence and max hero’s I struggled for a star on one attack today.
    But got a a x3 star vs what was (yesterday) a max base.
    All this ‘skill’ stuff - that could have been the other way round had ‘luck’ been with me.
    Still seems if you wish to spend go defence.

Gemming troops is rather foolish. Not going to make you a good attacker. Like a previous poster someone who’s gone max hero’s didn’t do so great vs me. In fact the best attack 2* 83% was with AQ/BK/GW 56/48/22. Bowitch neat attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanefire View Post
    Anyone who is not max will get pushed down. Now you might think this is what the top is for, right? Sure, but allowing the naturally skilled attackers to rise brought balance to the game.

What the league legend really does is give a platform for those who pay to advance quickly to sit at the top. What was once a game that balanced the naturally skilled with those who could pay, now it is completely skewed to those who can pay, with each update creating a massive cash cow for supercell.
    Skills? On the old Legend League? Pushing trophies was NEVER about skills, until now. It has always been about patience and terrible gameplay (looking at a blank screen for hours = awful gameplay). It was so bad that once we maxed out the village, many players stopped playing because there was nothing to do, pushing trophies was not a viable choice, so the game was just boring and people quit.

So players without skills, bad layouts (no one cared about defenses, until now) and even lower Town Halls could push to 6k as long as they... are good enough? No, as long as they have time and patience to face the clouds.

The new Legend League is a fair and equal place to show your skills. This will change the game in a BIG way and it's amazing.

Yes, gemmers will have an early start (they always had!), but the game has never been so easy to loot and upgrade too (tons of free stuff, Season Challenges, Clan Games, League Medals, etc).

I think this new Legend League is just the beginning of a new Clash moving towards Esports where we can individually finally play the game on a fair environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas85 View Post
    Skills? On the old Legend League? Pushing trophies was NEVER about skills, until now. It has always been about patience and terrible gameplay (looking at a blank screen for hours = awful gameplay). It was so bad that once we maxed out the village, many players stopped playing because there was nothing to do, pushing trophies was not a viable choice, so the game was just boring and people quit.

So players without skills, bad layouts (no one cared about defenses, until now) and even lower Town Halls could push to 6k as long as they... are good enough? No, as long as they have time and patience to face the clouds.

The new Legend League is a fair and equal place to show your skills. This will change the game in a BIG way and it's amazing.

Yes, gemmers will have an early start (they always had!), but the game has never been so easy to loot and upgrade too (tons of free stuff, Season Challenges, Clan Games, League Medals, etc).

I think this new Legend League is just the beginning of a new Clash moving towards Esports where we can individually finally play the game on a fair environment.

No one looked at the screen for hours.

It might have been terrible gameplay if you only played in low legends. Things changed higher up.

Bad layouts also means you must have been only in low legends. The designs got much stronger the higher you went and anyone serious about pushing care a lot about defense.

Skill was a big factor over the course of a full season. It separated out the players. This fallacy that players in legends just spammed 1-2 star attacks all day long is nonsense, again unless we are discussing low legends where it was a good place for farming. I had to lose on purpose just to stay below 5500 so we can’t really discuss lower legends as a measure of what actual trophy pushing was like.

HOWEVER, the requirement to have a device searching for many hours per day excluded way too many skilled players from competing, so the new system is a great improvement.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Well, for me personally this update actually saves me spending money yet again. Back in January, I spent a lot of gems on donating to help instantly fill requests to help others get back into clouds in our top clan (Everyone does it, common courtesy to minimize downtime). Then season pass gives 1gem donations, which saved me a lot. Now I only buy gems for boosting barracks constantly, and 1 gem donations, and now with cwl medals being able to buy training potions, I am sure as heck set for awhile. In terms of paying to be at the top, 60/60/30 isn't irrelevant yet given not too many defense changes. So, the only thing it doesn't benefit is the rushers, which I'm sorry if you're rushed, but rushing doesn't show true tests of skill from all angles. I'm not 100% max as of last update, and still surviving 6k+.