Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: League Legend Now Gemmers Paradise???

If there was an entire new TH level, then yea, it would be hugely in their advantage. A few mortor levels and heroes won't make that much difference. I'm not gemming anything. Just using books on heroes.

I spent enough time in legend to complete one season and then scampered out... Max 12 until a couple hours ago... not a spectacular attacker... but I'm heading back. Guessing Legends will be partial to 12s but after that we are going to see riffraff (like me) showing up to duke it out... I'm betting that the average skill of LL will fall off a bit in the weeks to come.

I'm not a gemmer, nor, I am guessing again, will many of my fellow riffraffians be .
    Last edited by Oshbeegosh; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:00 PM.

tl;dr:

"Gemmers get an advantage. Isn't this messed up? People who pay SC's rent are getting an advantage over those of us who don't. I hate this update."

Response:

a) nothing about this update specifically changed this dynamic within the game. It's always been like this.

b) As someone who doesn't gem, they should receive a bonus. The idea that the people footing the bill for this game shouldn't gain some benefit for doing so is literally insane.

Moreover, it's not impossible to compete. It just takes longer for us non-gemmers to get to that point.

3/10 post overall.
    | Clan: BEST IN 'BOAG | Rank: Co-Leader | Current League: Legends |
    | Level: 172 | Townhall 12 | King: 50 | Queen: 60 | Warden: 20 |
    | Gold Grab: 2.00B | Elixir Escapade: 2.00B | Heroic Heist: 13.10m | Friends in Need 109.01k |

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanefire View Post
    What the league legend really does is give a platform for those who pay to advance quickly to sit at the top. What was once a game that balanced the naturally skilled with those who could pay, now it is completely skewed to those who can pay, with each update creating a massive cash cow for supercell.
    Any gem advantage is short lived, if any at all.

And each update is supposed to be a cash cow, that's why they make it.

Pro Member
    Been playing since Dec 2012... seen every update. Only one I hated up until now was the addition of BuilderBase.
    If you've been playing since 2012 you're likely already maxed and have time on your side as an advantage. So we're going to assume you have more medals and books than the average player already. Gold pass, gems, and the elimination of stacking is to allow lower players to catch up that didn't have 7 years to play the game. There will always be players that max because they have money. That's just how life is. Your next door neighbor could be a millionaire and you wouldn't know.

Been playing since Dec 2012... seen every update. Only one I hated up until now was the addition of BuilderBase.

While the past few updates have been GREAT...league legends really was a horribly complicated solution to a simple problem and I think the effects will be detrimental to the core of the game.

Did they get rid of clouds? Yes. Good job at that.

Did they make the game better? No. Quite the opposite, and here's why...

Anyone who is not max will get pushed down. Now you might think this is what the top is for, right? Sure, but allowing the naturally skilled attackers to rise brought balance to the game.

What the league legend really does is give a platform for those who pay to advance quickly to sit at the top. What was once a game that balanced the naturally skilled with those who could pay, now it is completely skewed to those who can pay, with each update creating a massive cash cow for supercell.

The loot cap at the top, plus the downward pressure of the new legend league will simply push the clouds down to titans and the issue will persist. The longer league legend continues, the more the downward pressure will grow.

I really don't get the concept of capping growth. Why when you can raise the ceiling infinite times?

How ever are you going to untangle this one Supercell?

Edit: The more I think this one through, the more issues surface. Without choice of base to attack, we will see less varied armies and bases. Since some armies are designed for a certain style of base, and since bases can't be passed, it will create the pressure for a single general army, and the counter will be a base designed to defend that army. This means less variance in the game that Clash will have to modify with constant tinkering with troop/def stats.
    I couldnít agree more. Iím a Th11 who will be forced down.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyDawg View Post
    Maxed base does not guarantee a skilled attacker or guaranteed 3*. It makes it easier but skill is still involved.
    Max base makes defenses harder. on an aggregate level, this will push all lower bases down. I am not contemplating individuals as much as aggregate forces. In short, a terrible solution to a simple problem, imo...

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    Any gem advantage is short lived, if any at all.

And each update is supposed to be a cash cow, that's why they make it.
    The moment money takes precedence to experience, the end is inevitable. This is the mistake of waaaay to many .

Max base makes defenses harder. on an aggregate level, this will push all lower bases down. I am not contemplating individuals as much as aggregate forces. In short, a terrible solution to a simple problem, imo...
    You think there are enough maxed bases for this aggregate effect to be significant? The pool is all legends. You think there are so many max bases that they'll inhabit everywhere from 5000-6000?

Frankly, that's a ridiculous claim to make without any data to support it.

The moment money takes precedence to experience, the end is inevitable. This is the mistake of waaaay to many .
    That's not what happened here. You're blowing this entirely out of proportion.
    | Clan: BEST IN 'BOAG | Rank: Co-Leader | Current League: Legends |
    | Level: 172 | Townhall 12 | King: 50 | Queen: 60 | Warden: 20 |
    | Gold Grab: 2.00B | Elixir Escapade: 2.00B | Heroic Heist: 13.10m | Friends in Need 109.01k |

I watched a guy with 65/65/35 hit me for a 55% 1 star earlier

Think itll be fine

Just because you may spend a lot of money doesnt mean you're automatically the best
    Last edited by BigPokes; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:49 PM.