Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shield times in Titans reduce

Banned

Shield times in Titans reduce

So, new detail in the OBS FAQ thread, that I haven't seen commented on.

Shield times will be reduced by:
    3hrs in Titan 1
    2hrs in Titan 2
    1hr in Titan 3

(so kind of removing the benefit of a longer guard time)

how do people NOT going to legends feel about this?

* I guess to be clear, I am not too bothered either way. It won't make a big difference to players, but it also won't make much of a difference to any clouds they see. I created the thread since the shield reduction detail was hidden away in the OBS FAQ (an answer to the question "What will this do to Titan cloud times?")
    Last edited by PhilISuppose; June 18th, 2019 at 07:53 AM.

That surely has to be a good thing to help prevent clouds in titans. Isn’t long shields a big factor in cloud build up?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzie View Post
    That surely has to be a good thing to help prevent clouds in titans. Isn’t long shields a big factor in cloud build up?
    Honestly, not really

clouds are mainly that people attack more often than they defend (think 5 attacks per day, 3 defenses... so you have to extend the search lower and lower to find a base... mainly it is that there are very few inactive bases in Titans and higher)

a MUCH shorter shield time would mean significantly more defenses, this won't make a lot more bases available to defend
    Some, not a lot

(if shorter shields/guards was a good way to reduce clouds it would have worked for legends too!)
    Last edited by PhilISuppose; June 18th, 2019 at 07:48 AM.

Seems entirely positive if helps to reduce titans clouds. Wouldn't be so nice if blue sky in legends resulted increased clouds in titans, right?

Shields are still long enough to easily let you attack more than you defend. I think they could even shave off some more hours and active players wouldn't even notice.
    Last edited by SifaVision; June 18th, 2019 at 07:50 AM.

Not sure how many people would actually buy shields in titan
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    If they ever redesign the whole game using Microsoft paint, I'm sure there'll be a consulting job there for you...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boriscool22 View Post
    Not sure how many people would actually buy shields in titan
    They mean (I assume anyway) the shield when you get when you are attacked, not the purchased shield.

LOL also your signature is a 2 year old quote from me!!!
    I should necro that thread, it was so funny!
    Last edited by PhilISuppose; June 18th, 2019 at 08:00 AM.

I still don't get why anyone who is Th12 wont go there..
    No wait time
    No need to search for loot
    Your resources can't be stolen
    You can test bases while not worrying about upgrading buildings
    Amazing practice for war
    I would climb there even if I wasnt max, sure it would be little hard at the beginning of the season but once all the top player climb up the botton of the legend league would be great place to hang

that and legend league players not being able to attack titan league anymore should reduce the clouds

They mean (I assume anyway) the shield when you get when you are attacked, not the purchased shield.

LOL also your signature is a 2 year old quote from me!!!
    I should necro that thread, it was so funny!
    Just read it again looks like you’re right. Not sure how I feel about it now...

That quote is still my favourite, hopefully his designs will enter the game one day haha
    If they ever redesign the whole game using Microsoft paint, I'm sure there'll be a consulting job there for you...

Quote Originally Posted by AMAS1982 View Post
    that and legend league players not being able to attack titan league anymore should reduce the clouds
    Mostly that, I expect.

Currently I hang around 5400 trophies, and I estimate at least 8/10 of my offers are Titan players. When the new systems kicks in, all my attacks all of a sudden will be against other Legend league players that are in my trophy range, making those Titan bases free for other Titan players to attack.

Shorter shields mean bases get available to attack sooner, so that too will help reducing the clouds in Titans. All with all, I expect it to get better there.