Thread: Any defence buff? or was that all for this update?

Any defence buff? or was that all for this update?

This update seems lopsided on the offence front, i am worried this will be another nightmare like we had when the bat spell came out, what followed was series of patches.

Lets take a look at the updates

Heroes are levelled up (warden going up by 10) this is a huge buff in itself for offence,
    Skele Spells now have a shield, allowing them to last longer
    Wizard tower nerfed (makes no sense what so ever, why are they encouraging spam attacks, i just don't get it)

where are the defence boost to balance this out? has this update been tested, specially with spam skele spell attacks, or are we expecting another several rounds of nerfs and buffs after this update.

Was going to post my concerns earlier, but waited for the sneak peaks to finish, hoping a new defence building or buffs to existing ones would be revealed, but looks like no more sneak peaks.
    Last edited by M0rningStar; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:08 AM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M0rningStar View Post
    This update seems lopsided on the offence front, i am worried this will be another nightmare like we had when the bat spell came out, what followed was series of patches.
    Was going to post my concerns earlier, but waited for the sneak peaks to finish, hoping a new defence building or buffs to existing ones would be revealed, but looks like no more sneak peaks.
    New level to Mortars is only def buff and of course heros in defence mode
    TH12 | Gold/E Grab - 2+ Billion | Heroic Heist - 16+ mill | Heros - 60/60/30 | Leader in The Kelly Gang - level 16 clan | War Stars - 1000+ | Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    if this is all there is, then we are in trouble, i am calling it now, expect "Skele Spells has broken COC" you tube videos to go viral.

if this is all there is, then we are in trouble, i am calling it now, expect "Skele Spells has broken COC" you tube videos to go viral.
    It does seem like a big offense buff with heroes. On skellies spell, remember they also cut the number of skellies in half.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Who cares? Just ignore those videos. And don't forget to unsubscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    And the healer change, although that probably would be called an offensive nerf.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Seems like a huge offensive buff. We, in my war clan, are expecting the rAte of 3 star attacks to increase considerably. We have about 30% 3 star rate on th12s in clan wars, and about 10% in CWL champ.

elite clans have much higher rates i imagine.

Maybe world championships with new max heros will be almost all 3 star attacks

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : EU (level 15) | TH12
    BB : EU X | level 65 max

Quote Originally Posted by Iftheskyisblue View Post
    Seems like a huge offensive buff. We, in my war clan, are expecting the rAte of 3 star attacks to increase considerably. We have about 30% 3 star rate on th12s in clan wars, and about 10% in CWL champ.

elite clans have much higher rates i imagine.

Maybe world championships with new max heros will be almost all 3 star attacks
    My understanding is that in CWL Champs 1 that the TH 12 3-star rate is around 10%. That seems to check out when watching the ESL streams as a lot of the results are 11-10 stars. So if there's 1 3-star attack in each war that's only a 10% 3-star rate. I know some clans have put of 12 stars (2 triples) and there's likely been some 12-11 results (3 triples in a war). But for the most part it seems like the overall 3-star rate is somewhere between 10% and 20% (and that's for the best attackers against maxed bases).

This update will buff heroes and the underused golems while nerfing healers slightly to try to bring other strategies into the mix. The biggest boost to offense will probably be the new level on the rage spell. Clash of Clans has always went in swings from offense to defense. This is just a swing in the offensive direction. After these changes are in place SuperCell will reevaluate the 3-star rates and plan the next round of balance changes accordingly.

What would be the point, if they upgraded defense also? You would end spending a ton of time and resources, upgrading your offense and defense, only to be the same strength against bases that you were before. Let's just enjoy a powerful offense again.

Next update will be all defense and everyone will complain again. Also, 5 levels of heroes isn't that huge of a deal. Warden will probably help the most.
    Last edited by Micker99; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:20 PM.