Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Ranks/Roles====Kick/Ban

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    The Clouds
    Posts
    14

    Exclamation Ranks/Roles====Kick/Ban

    RANKS/ROLES:
    OK so i know this is a topic that has come up quit a bit and i know a lot of people would really love this in the game as it makes running a clan so much easier. Right now Leaders don't really have much control of the clan as in what members can do, all they have is the basic elders and co-leaders, which in my opinion is basically nothing. As a game that is created around clans you would think that leaders would have much more control of their clan as in what functions the members can do. So what i am saying is it would be really nice if leaders could go into a players profile and assign things that that player can do in the clan. For example lets say you only want one person to have the ability to kick people, so then you would go to their profile and allow them to kick people and all the other members wouldn't have the ability to do so.

    So here are a few ideas i have about the whole rank system

    DEFAULT:
    When you create a clan you will have the option to set what rank/Role that new member gets when he/she joins the clan and what abilities they would have, as in send messages or start war.

    RANKS/ROLES:
    When you open the clan settings there will be a separate tab where you can create or edit roles/ranks. You can create a special name for a rank/role and give that role permissions or take some away.

    PERMISSIONS:
    -Send messages in clan chat
    -Start/Cancel War/Clan War Leagues
    -Kick members
    -Send clan mail
    -Donate to war Clan Castles
    -Request/Donate troops
    -Access clan settings
    -Change clan settings
    -Send friendly challenge/friendly war
    -Kick/ban
    -Invite members
    -Ect.

    ASSIGN:
    Once you have created your Roles/Ranks you can open up a clan members profile and there will be a tab just for all things clan related and from there you can assign or revoke a members role/rank.


    ==========================


    KICK/BAN:

    In the current system all you can do is kick a member but they can always rejoin if invited by any clan members with elder, and i think that id just not right.

    KICK:
    If a member is kicked from the clan they can be invited back to the clan by any members that have the permission to invite players.

    BAN:
    If a member is banned then they cannot rejoin the clan or be invited back by any member that have the permission to invite players. A member can only be banned by the leader or by any member that have the permission to.

    UNBAN:

    In the clan setting there will be a tab with a list of all banned players from that clan only accessible by the leader of the clan and not any other members. From the ban tab in the clan settings the leader can unban a player if ever needed.


    ==========================


    All an all this would be a major thing to add to the game as it takes lots of time because the team would have to create an entire system just to make this, and right now the team is more focused on end-game content and less so much of major quality of life improvements. In my own opinion this is something that we need in the game because lots of people aren't really creating clans anymore they are just joining bigger clan because of all perks that come with it. Clans are big right now, we have the clan games and cwl that have really just made clans much more important to have with you in the game and i think that right now clans need a major rework in its role/rank system and kick/ban system. Clash of Clans really just basically needs to have a system like Discord. On discord you literally have 100% full control over your server and i think that is something that all leaders need also.
    Last edited by MCPWarrior; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:18 AM.

  2. #2
    Forum Champion Phoenix1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Land
    Posts
    5,427
    If you knew this was a popular topic then why even make a new thread for it? Why not comment on an already existing thread about this topic? And why post it in General when there's an entire Ideas & Feature Requests subforum?
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 44 | AQ 45 | GW 16 |

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    The Clouds
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    If you knew this was a popular topic then why even make a new thread for it? Why not comment on an already existing thread about this topic? And why post it in General when there's an entire Ideas & Feature Requests subforum?
    #1 becuase no one looks at old threads and #2 this is the general area which means anything clash of clans

  4. #4
    Forum All-Star JusMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    amongst the stars
    Posts
    4,309
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPWarrior View Post
    #1 becuase no one looks at old threads and #2 this is the general area which means anything clash of clans
    If an old(er) thread gets a response, it's bumped to the top of the board, so that's not a reason [although necro is something entirely different].

    Also, there are subforums for a reason. For I&FR for instance, there are rules and tips and such in stickies in that subforum

    And 'general' often means 'anything that doesn't fit in any of the available other categories'...

    Clash of Clans isn't Discord. One of the things the developers are constantly looking at, is not making it bigger than necessary. I do suspect stuff like this might add to a lot of extra 'stuffz' in the clan department of the game files.

    Not saying that in my view some things could do with a makeover or a change ... just stating things SC have stated themselves...

  5. #5
    Skrags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    6,807
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPWarrior View Post
    DEFAULT:
    When you create a clan you will have the option to set what rank/Role that new member gets when he/she joins the clan and what abilities they would have, as in send messages or start war.

    .
    It's an interesting topic for debate. All clans are different for sure, but do we really need all these new ranks/roles?

    When a new member joins, you have the option to....?!? Well, any new member who joins my clan won't be given Elder for at least six months.
    By default then, they can't kick players, start wars or send messages. There we go...done.
    By promoting someone to Elder, you are giving players permission to kick other players, and/or refuse requests to join.

    I don't know, but it feels like creating work for works sake, without offering real benefits.
    I'm fine with things how they are tbh.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    The Clouds
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    It's an interesting topic for debate. All clans are different for sure, but do we really need all these new ranks/roles?

    When a new member joins, you have the option to....?!? Well, any new member who joins my clan won't be given Elder for at least six months.
    By default then, they can't kick players, start wars or send messages. There we go...done.
    By promoting someone to Elder, you are giving players permission to kick other players, and/or refuse requests to join.

    I don't know, but it feels like creating work for works sake, without offering real benefits.
    I'm fine with things how they are tbh.
    yes the current system works but there is no customization to clan roles/ranks which is in my opinion kinda dumb.

  7. #7
    Skrags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    6,807
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPWarrior View Post
    yes the current system works but there is no customization to clan roles/ranks which is in my opinion kinda dumb.
    That's fair enough. On the subject of customisation, I tell you what I'd really like to see .....

    Along the lines of the 'Tour de France' Cycling event, where you have a race leader (yellow jersey), King of the sprints (green jersey), King of the Mountains (Polka dot Jersey), Best young rider (white jersey), I'd love to see customised clan mates badges given/awarded for :-

    - Highest trophy count in the clan
    - Best War performance
    - Clan Games max points (first to get there)
    - Highest stars won in CWL season
    - Highest donator of the season.

    etc, etc

    Now that's the kind of customisation, I'd really like to see!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    The Clouds
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    That's fair enough. On the subject of customisation, I tell you what I'd really like to see .....

    Along the lines of the 'Tour de France' Cycling event, where you have a race leader (yellow jersey), King of the sprints (green jersey), King of the Mountains (Polka dot Jersey), Best young rider (white jersey), I'd love to see customised clan mates badges given/awarded for :-

    - Highest trophy count in the clan
    - Best War performance
    - Clan Games max points (first to get there)
    - Highest stars won in CWL season
    - Highest donator of the season.

    etc, etc

    Now that's the kind of customisation, I'd really like to see!
    exactly that brings be to the ranks part of this thread

  9. #9
    Millennial Club Kirky519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    In a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    1,302
    I think there are a ton of awesome ideas in this thread
    Leader: BurntCreativity - Level 18 War Clan
    🔥Charred to Greatness🔥
    Website: https://burntcreativityclan.weebly.com/
    BC Recruitment Thread: http://Tinyurl.Com/k6fmzv6


  10. #10
    Forum Elder JohnnyPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On the Meridian of Misery
    Posts
    2,187
    I think this idea over-complicates a system that already works really well because of it's simplicity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •