Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clan Name Change!!!!!

Clan Name Change!!!!!

Hi all,

I would be very pleased if we had the abilty as clan leaders to do a one time name change.

I have ad my clan since 2013 and worked hard in getting the log great and growing it.

My son who ive given the clan to hates its name and actually gets teased and bullied about it in school. He has tried to make his own clan but can not grow it as its not a high lvl clan with a big win to loss ratio.

Can we not implement this simple change.

If a moderator can reach out and change my clan name to make my son happy that will make my day..

thanks all

People have been asking for this for years. Supercell knows about this idea and they will implement it if and when they want.

Quote Originally Posted by sithishjedi View Post
    Hi all,

I would be very pleased if we had the abilty as clan leaders to do a one time name change.

I have ad my clan since 2013 and worked hard in getting the log great and growing it.

My son who ive given the clan to hates its name and actually gets teased and bullied about it in school. He has tried to make his own clan but can not grow it as its not a high lvl clan with a big win to loss ratio.

Can we not implement this simple change.

If a moderator can reach out and change my clan name to make my son happy that will make my day..

thanks all
    No reason not to implement this change, not to mention, you can even make it a pay for feature. Supercell could then potentially make more money on the game. I had been in an Australian group for a bit and we were looking to take on a more international presence, we often found members from outside of Australia didn't want to join an Australian named group not to mention, groups who are level 10+ that have a typo in their clan names or an emoji that isn't visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacles View Post
    No reason not to implement this change, not to mention, you can even make it a pay for feature. Supercell could then potentially make more money on the game. I had been in an Australian group for a bit and we were looking to take on a more international presence, we often found members from outside of Australia didn't want to join an Australian named group not to mention, groups who are level 10+ that have a typo in their clan names or an emoji that isn't visible.
    I compleatly agree! all we have to do is keep talking about it and change it. They have the name change feature but yet we cant do the clan name.

it gets my boy so down Its so annoying not being able to change it for him. he will be doing back flips of joy haha.

the more we talk about it the more chance we have in getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    People have been asking for this for years. Supercell knows about this idea and they will implement it if and when they want.
    well i dont think its on the road map... otherwise they would have done it when name change dropped.....

well i dont think its on the road map... otherwise they would have done it when name change dropped.....
    Two completely different things. There was already a one time mechanism in the game to do individual name changes. They just had to tweak to allow multiple changes for gems. There is no in game mechanism for clan name changes. Thus, it is a heavier development effort. They have said they are aware of the interest from people. It is not ruled out. It is remotely, very remotely, possible that if you reached out to support and explained the situation your son is in, they might consider it. More likely though, you'll end up in a loop with Sparky or just a flat no. Since it can only be done on the supercel side, they don't want support flooded with clan name changes.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Two completely different things. There was already a one time mechanism in the game to do individual name changes. They just had to tweak to allow multiple changes for gems. There is no in game mechanism for clan name changes. Thus, it is a heavier development effort. They have said they are aware of the interest from people. It is not ruled out. It is remotely, very remotely, possible that if you reached out to support and explained the situation your son is in, they might consider it. More likely though, you'll end up in a loop with Sparky or just a flat no. Since it can only be done on the supercel side, they don't want support flooded with clan name changes.

Well i thought the fact that they could change it via in game messages then maybe they could do is as a one time request... ive been trying with messages but yea im getting the this clan name isnt offensive so no.

Im trying to explaine like hey my 10 year old who enjoys the game and his friends and cousins play really wants to change his 6 year old clam name because people tease him about the name... just wont work.... its crazy... but if im a gay man and call my clan The Gay Lords it will be changed...... So frustrating

bump of the day.

bump of the day.
    Bumping threads is against the forum rules. If a thread needs bumped it's because the conversation has run its course and no longer needs to be at the top.

Supercell has already made their stance known on this issue, and they're aware players would like to see it, so further discussion isn't really necessary.

Level 18
    - 6,103/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 205] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

had no idea. well i did create the threat yesterday and had allot more feedback that other threads with people making pretty good suggestions as to why we need it and why it would be useful.