Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Engineered Bases

Engineered Bases

TLDR How to fix: Prevent players from being placed in matchmaking who are engineered -OR- allow engineered bases altogether.

I have spoken with support in game and they have expressed that I need to post this in the forums and closed out our discussion without a resolution. It was explained by Supercell to me, that these bases are unfair and that is why they changed in the TH12 update to no longer allow players to upgrade their bases without building the necessary defenses. If the company is truly serious about eliminating imbalance like they have said they do to me on numerous occasions, the solution is really simple, just prevent them from competing in wars until they do. They will build the necessary defenses. Is this really an issue in 2019? My last few wars I have seen engineered TH11s. Whereas we place 4-5 high level attackers in a war, our opponents are using 6-7 not to mention their high level bases are significantly more upgraded than ours. Most of our wars come down to high level attackers to determine the victor, and when our opponents have nearly twice as much as us, they will win.

Here are some of the responses from SuperCell to me in this regard:

• Their base is not that great and you can easily destroy them! ... That's great! Except for the fact that their "not that great" player can easily attack our "great" players whereas our "not so great" players cannot respond in kind. Most clan wars are won from the higher level attackers, so a clan that is fielding twice as many as their opponents has a higher potential to score better in wars. I get it, there are clans with all TH12s and that is wonderful for them, but a lot of clans exist that have a variety of clans. Sometimes we face engineered groups that are absolutely terrible at attacking and we still kill them. This isn't about the "ifs, and, buts, or other exceptions", this is about the principle that an imbalance exists and can be easily shut down/resolved. I realize players can have low level defenses than and still cause some imbalance, that's a whole different issue.
    • In due time this will even out, don't worry about it ... So long as it is allowed, these bases will not upgrade themselves. The purpose of them existing, is to create imbalance in wars. They have other accounts to play the game normally, these accounts are just to create imbalance in wars, so "in due time" or as I call it, "doing nothing", will not resolve this issue.
    • They can't go forward/upgrade, so they are punishing themselves! ... Again, they don't care about going forward or upgrading clearly. When they have 260 capacity camps and a level 1 cannon, it really couldn't be anymore clear. The cannon can be upgrading probably immediately after starting the game and those camps cost 6million+ elixir. If they wanted to upgrade, they would have a long time ago. Most of these players have alternate accounts that engage in the full experience of the game. Saying these players are "trapped" as it was put to me is a really naive response.

We are currently sitting on the fence here. If these bases were fair, than why can new players not create them? If my opponents are going to have them moving forward, than I want to have one now, I'd like to have 4-5 of them for that matter. The best response would be to either allow them or don't. The worst response is where we are currently.

Supercell has repeatedly stated that they will not take this idea into consideration. Yes, they stopped people from being able to create any more engineered accounts by forcing you to build all building before upgrading your TH, but there are still engineers out there. However they are few and far between these days, and the matchmaking algorithm for wars has been significantly improved so that 9 times out of 10 you're getting a fair matchup unless you also have an engineer on your roster or if your roster has a lot of different TH levels. More and more players will eventually be forced to place all their buildings if they want to stay competitive in clan wars since TH11 is currently the highest TH level that old engineers can have, yet TH12 is the highest TH level in the game. That puts engineers at a serious disadvantage in wars when they get matched against a clan with more TH12s. Eventually TH11 engineers will die out as more TH levels are added to the game. It will take time, but that's all supercell is willing to do. They will not be banning engineers from wars.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:28 PM.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 44 | AQ 45 | GW 16 |

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    To add to what Phoenix said: Support will ALWAYS direct any proposed idea to the forums. Support is, from what I've read, a third party not affiliated with SC. IMHO, SC has done the right thing in preventing Engineers from having a defenseless TH 12 and more as higher THs are added.

That's is why you don't have mid ths12 in wars we always face fully maxed ths 12 against us 7/10 times. Engineered is dead just learn how to deal with and don't add to.the war those who have .5s specially who have walls and defenses almost maxed and didn't bought the new ones and rushed accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post
    To add to what Phoenix said: Support will ALWAYS direct any proposed idea to the forums. Support is, from what I've read, a third party not affiliated with SC. IMHO, SC has done the right thing in preventing Engineers from having a defenseless TH 12 and more as higher THs are added.
    That's fine and I agree if that is the direction we're supposedly going. The issue is, what's stopping them from discontinuing those accounts from participating in wars NOW as opposed to waiting?

Quote Originally Posted by IcecreaM86 View Post
    That's is why you don't have mid ths12 in wars we always face fully maxed ths 12 against us 7/10 times. Engineered is dead just learn how to deal with and don't add to.the war those who have .5s specially who have walls and defenses almost maxed and didn't bought the new ones and rushed accounts.
    Firstly, future engineer accounts are certainly dead. Unquestionably. My last 3 war opponents fielded currently engineered TH11s, so to say it's dead is misinformation. Clans shouldn't be catering their war rosters to the potential of imbalances, the matchmaking system should simply not allow a heavily engineered base to participate. Your solution is to tell non-maxed players and mid-ranged players at the hall 12 level not to war, thus punishing them. My solution is to punish the players who are circumventing the matchmaking system.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Supercell has repeatedly stated that they will not take this idea into consideration. Yes, they stopped people from being able to create any more engineered accounts by forcing you to build all building before upgrading your TH, but there are still engineers out there. However they are few and far between these days, and the matchmaking algorithm for wars has been significantly improved so that 9 times out of 10 you're getting a fair matchup unless you also have an engineer on your roster or if your roster has a lot of different TH levels. More and more players will eventually be forced to place all their buildings if they want to stay competitive in clan wars since TH11 is currently the highest TH level that old engineers can have, yet TH12 is the highest TH level in the game. That puts engineers at a serious disadvantage in wars when they get matched against a clan with more TH12s. Eventually TH11 engineers will die out as more TH levels are added to the game. It will take time, but that's all supercell is willing to do. They will not be banning engineers from wars.
    As a company with paying members, they should take every idea into consideration. I do agree with what you're saying Phoenix, still however, it's not a solution. Waiting for these accounts to die out, an engineered TH11 will have utility to a war clan for quite some time. You're talking maybe 2-3 years from now before the base is really not effective, perhaps even longer. This is taking into consideration we see the development of a Hall 13 or 14 by that time. Could be longer, who knows. As it stands, a Hall 11 has the potential to compete with a Hall 12 (two stars reasonably) and anything below. I'm not suggesting alienating these players altogether, they can war, once they get their defenses built.

i'm on your side on this. unfortunately, the forums are populated by those fortunate enough to run wars with a th12 or two up top. or their clan mates sit out wars until they are maxed or something.

because *they* don't see a problem, then it must be

1: the problem doesn't exist

2: the problem isn't that bad

3: it's your fault for not building your base the way the elitists say you should

those will be the answers you get

as for why sc doesn't make engineered bases ineligible for war, which is your question, i disagree that any player/account be excluded from playing any element of the game or being in war. however I do believe that engineered bases and engineered rosters be put in their own pool for classic war (cw) matchmaking. this idea of course has been shot down in the forums.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...chmaker-please

so be it.

obviously i am not the only one seeing the problem with engineering still. at least i can take comfort that i am not alone

engineering bases and rosters for classic wars just sucks the fun out of the game and makes classic wars a waste of 48 hours when you get matched against them
    Last edited by HonoraryGoblin; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    i'm on your side on this. unfortunately, the forums are populated by those fortunate enough to run wars with a th12 or two up top. or their clan mates sit out wars until they are maxed or something. because *they* don't see a problem, either

1: the problem doesn't exist

2: the problem isn't that bad

3: it's your fault for not building your base the way the elitists say you should

those will be the answers you get

as for why sc doesn't make engineered bases ineligible for war, which is your question, i disagree that any player/account be excluded from playing any element of the game or being in war. however I do believe that engineered bases and engineered rosters be put in their own pool for classic war (cw) matchmaking. this idea of course has been shot down in the forums.

so be it.

obviously i am not the only one seeing the problem with engineering still. at least i can take comfort that i am not alone

engineering bases and rosters for classic wars just sucks the fun out of the game and makes classic wars a waste of 48 hours when you get matched against them
    Good to hear and I appreciate your response most honorable goblin, first of his name, King of the Andals and the first men! It may sound harsh to eliminate them from wars, but in this circumstance they could still compete in clan games, single player missions, and (perhaps) clan war leagues.

While normally I would agree with you on alienating any player, lets not pretend that Supercell wouldn't alienate a player from one of the game's features. Look no further than clan games, where you are *REQUIRED* to have a Town Hall 6 or higher. So new players do not get to experience the joy of clan games, at least not until hall 6. While these low accounts aren't necessarily circumventing the fair play process, they are still punished nevertheless by not being able to enjoy/reap the rewards of clan games.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacles View Post
    As a company with paying members, they should take every idea into consideration. I do agree with what you're saying Phoenix, still however, it's not a solution. Waiting for these accounts to die out, an engineered TH11 will have utility to a war clan for quite some time. You're talking maybe 2-3 years from now before the base is really not effective, perhaps even longer. This is taking into consideration we see the development of a Hall 13 or 14 by that time. Could be longer, who knows. As it stands, a Hall 11 has the potential to compete with a Hall 12 (two stars reasonably) and anything below. I'm not suggesting alienating these players altogether, they can war, once they get their defenses built.
    The problem with outright banning engineers from war is determining and quantifying an engineer. There are so many different definitions of an engineer and so many variables that go into engineering to the point that it'd be far too complex to determine who is banned from wars and who isn't. Supercell would probably have to set a minimum war weight per TH level and any account whose war weight is below that would be banned from wars until they get their war weight up. I don't view this as a reasonable solution, though.
    Supercell wants these accounts to keep playing the game, but most engineers would quit altogether instead of putting in a LOT of time to qualify for wars again. This also cuts into supercell's profits since plenty of engineers still spend money on the game. At the end of the day I think this comes down to whether supercell is prepared to take serious action against engineers now and suffer some financial losses in there short and long term, or bide their time and let it resolve itself without losing money. That's my take on it.

More reasonable suggestions have been proposed in the past such as the town hall itself having a minimum war weight so that every TH has a war weight greater than or equal to a maxed base of the TH level below it, i.e. the town hall 11 building would have a war weight equal to a fully maxed TH10. That way the engineers are getting paired almost exclusively against other TH11s without having to ban them from wars. It'd tip the balance out of the engineers' favor
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:57 PM.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 44 | AQ 45 | GW 16 |