Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Self-Match Clans - A loophole left unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by Didsomeonepickthisname View Post
    But there are actual rules about account sharing and a prize at the end of the season. There isn't even a SC supported way to see who has a high win streak
    That is what the API is for, and without it you wouldn't have your top clan games scorers (PaulEF, and Affront are among the highest ranks), or total war wins and most other metrics that players compete in.

That's not really the same logic. A sports team record gets them into the post season and a potential shot at a championship. There is no championship game for clans with the highest win streak.
    It may not affect you personally because you don't care about that aspect of the game, but it does affect others. I know many top win streak clans and if any of them wanted to at any time, they could self-match but they choose not to because they enjoy the challenge.

If it is easier and faster to create a large win streak through self-matching, it makes all win-streaks meaningless because anyone could just be matching themselves for guaranteed wins.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    That is what the API is for, and without it you wouldn't have your top clan games scorers (PaulEF, and Affront are among the highest ranks), or total war wins and most other metrics that players compete in.

It may not affect you personally because you don't care about that aspect of the game, but it does affect others. I know many top win streak clans and if any of them wanted to at any time, they could self-match but they choose not to because they enjoy the challenge.

If it is easier and faster to create a large win streak through self-matching, it makes all win-streaks meaningless because anyone could just be matching themselves for guaranteed wins.
    It affects me too, and you can easily hide a faked war log.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post

I do believe these loopholes should be closed, even if the statistic is trivial. Though the same argument could be made for exp level and nobody seems to care about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Didsomeonepickthisname View Post
    But win streaks are meaningless in this game, just like xp is meaningless after level 75.
    Win streaks are meaningless, so is your win/loss record, so is your high trophy count, all of your achievements, etc. It is all meaningless, except for the fun based on what we make of it. For many clans, win streaks are part of the fun and when players get them by matching themselves, that takes away some of the fun.

And there are rules against collusion that are enforced in CWL, but whether SC would enforce them in regular wars or not I don't know.
    Last edited by 2222; June 17th, 2019 at 12:11 AM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Centennial Club
    i dont understand your proposed fix. why cant new players be created each time?

this wasn't the first such experiment posted about self-matching in the forums. another was doing it for more devious reasons than a self-agrandizing win streak. it was a risk free way to advance the clan as quickly as possible to level 10 if i remember. they did all attacks to defeat all bases, get the stars, and win the war for max clan points each war

that more than a win streak is why the loophole needs closed

plus if they are doing it with a high th-level base on the dummy clan side, they put the th10 or 11 on top of the lineup unprotected in the corner and every enemy base uses its second attack for free war loot

so risk free clan advancement and war loot. why is the focus on win streak?
    Last edited by HonoraryGoblin; June 17th, 2019 at 04:04 AM.

Banned
    Maybe someone has already said this...

But a junk clan gets a great war streak.
    They're still a junk clan.
    Nothing much has changed.

If I saw someone with a clan like that a huge streak actually trying to show off in global, or on forums, all I would do is laugh.
    It doesn't make them a good clan, and no one with any sense will think they are a good clan.

Good stuff Major!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

Quote Originally Posted by mandy12 View Post
    i dont understand your proposed fix. why cant new players be created each time?
    That is why I mentioned how quickly it is to create new players, maybe some minimum weight?

You can create new bases, delete data in app settings so you don't have to bother with SCID or email, it cuts down creation time to under 5 minutes.

I would think SC should consider that aspect, especially since the reddit post referenced using only TH3's
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:08 AM.

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Good stuff Major!
    Thank you but what I'm really looking for is a response from SC that they have acknowledged this problem and are working to resolve it. I talked with the clan that posted the reddit post, they had already heard about the test I did but couldn't find it (until i showed them this thread afterwards) and have been meaning to post their open letter for months. It is not just me, all the top WS clans despise self-match clans.

The majority don't know this is happening, or how easy it is to do :S
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:11 AM.