Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it that easy to exploit war matchmaking system

Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    So what would you call people who purposely keep their weight low so that they can match clans they usually have a massive advantage over? I'd say cowardly fits the description just nicely, but thats just my opinion. It might be inflammatory but its definitely not laughable. You think the poor unlucky clans that get matched with these darn engineers are laughing? I highly doubt it. I'd be willing to be they're more annoyed and angry than laughing.

Of course its well within their rights to do so. Even though SuperCell took a major step to try and reduce the number of coward engineers out there, its still not against their terms or service. That being said, it dosent mean that my description of them isnt accurate.
    I was briefly in a clan like that where the clan didn't want engineers but at the same time would not want rushed bases in war. One could say that it doesn't take any thought to be a max base, just upgrade and max everything blindly until you can't upgrade anymore. I couldn't imagine being in a clan where the description reads as though I would be berated because I play the game differently, not very welcoming.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; June 16th, 2019 at 07:49 PM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Elder
    So what would you call people who purposely keep their weight low so that they can match clans they usually have a massive advantage over? I'd say cowardly fits the description just nicely, but thats just my opinion. It might be inflammatory but its definitely not laughable. You think the poor unlucky clans that get matched with these darn engineers are laughing? I highly doubt it. I'd be willing to be they're more annoyed and angry than laughing.

Of course its well within their rights to do so. Even though SuperCell took a major step to try and reduce the number of coward engineers out there, its still not against their terms or service. That being said, it dosent mean that my description of them isnt accurate.
    Ah well. I guess you have a thing about engineering then.
    We get drawn against engineered accounts. i simply put it down to luck of the draw, or a bad roster drop by us.
    The massive advantage gained with the manipulation is no more, so the remnants are simply a part of the game.
    So I guess not all those clans you are describing are angry, since we approach it with a shrug.

Still cant work out why the word cowardly fits tho, seems more like an immature snipe.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I was briefly in a clan like that where the clan didn't want engineers but at the same time would not want rushed bases in war. One could say that it doesn't take any thought to be a max base, just upgrade and max everything blindly until you can't upgrade anymore. I couldn't imagine being in a clan where the description reads as though I would be berated because I play the game differently, not very welcoming.
    I've changed my recruiting message to say looking for balanced bases. A maxed defense 11 with teeny bopper heroes and low troops isn't much use to me. Or a max offense with low defense 11 isnt either. It throws off our groove. For regular wars anyway. With that said, we will accpet them and help them fit into our lineup which is producing pretty good matches. And anyone who throws any pejorative terms at them will get smacked down.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I've changed my recruiting message to say looking for balanced bases. A maxed defense 11 with teeny bopper heroes and low troops isn't much use to me. Or a max offense with low defense 11 isnt either. It throws off our groove. For regular wars anyway. With that said, we will accpet them and help them fit into our lineup which is producing pretty good matches. And anyone who throws any pejorative terms at them will get smacked down.
    Yes and that is saying the same thing but does not draw a line in the sand at your own feet and make people feel unwelcome. You aren't really being an engineered clan then, you are judging based on what you want for the clan base by base.

I've rejected many engineered accounts because they were not what I was looking for.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; June 16th, 2019 at 10:54 PM.

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Yes and that is saying the same thing but does not draw a line in the sand at your own feet and make people feel unwelcome. You aren't really being an engineered clan then, you are judging based on what you want for the clan base by base.

I've rejected many engineered accounts because they were not what I was looking for.
    Yep. Although one could argue we are quite the engineered clan. Just not what some people think of as engineered. We build our bases and rosters based on what we think gives us the matchup we want. It isn't the same as what you do (meaning technique) but it is engineering nonetheless.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Ah well. I guess you have a thing about engineering then.
    We get drawn against engineered accounts. i simply put it down to luck of the draw, or a bad roster drop by us.
    The massive advantage gained with the manipulation is no more, so the remnants are simply a part of the game.
    So I guess not all those clans you are describing are angry, since we approach it with a shrug.

Still cant work out why the word cowardly fits tho, seems more like an immature snipe.

You guess, so like you’re not sure? I wasn't clear enough? Shall I draw you a picture joshsgrandad? Me no likey likey engineers!

And because your casual clan just ‘shrugs’ it off, that means you think the hundreds of thousands of other clans out there do too? C’mon man.

You really cant figure out why I would describe a clan of engineers who try their hardest to avoid a fair war and beat up on weaker clans as cowardly? I feel like you’re trolling me. Imagine if I went down to my daughters school and beat up every kid on the playground all the while proclaiming that I’m the best fighter in the world while doing everything I can to avoid fighting people my own size. I dont know what you would call that besides cowardly.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv18, 683 fair play wins and counting...

Of course it dosent take any thought to be a max base MajorJohnson, this isnt rocket science, but you could argue that it takes even less thought to be an engineer. Its always easier to not do something than it is to do it. Less buildings, less things to manage, less things to think about, easier attacks.

I probably get 50-75 people a day trying to join my clan, easily, probably more. Granted the vast majority are terrible and never stood a chance of being accepted, but it never hurts to try it seems, lol. Anyway, if I see that the person is a .5 or worse a hard core engineer, they wont even be accepted into the clan to see if they’ll change and build their defences. If you have that type of mentality, you’re not welcome in my clan...so you wont have to worry about being berated because you play the game differently.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv18, 683 fair play wins and counting...

Of course it dosent take any thought to be a max base MajorJohnson, this isnt rocket science, but you could argue that it takes even less thought to be an engineer. .
    Hmm, I'd suggest that's very debateable these days.

The historic advantages gained by offensively lopsided bases, which represented the vast majority of engineered bases, have been hugely diluted since the offset of the July 2017 announcement, and the whole 'flexibility' rhetoric.

Yes, there are static bases/rosters still doing their stuff, but the progression bases are finding it much more difficult to gain advantages.
    One of the main difficulties is that the 'balanced weight' engineering approach often adopted by the hyper engineered clans, is almost impossible to replicate from scratch now, hence the evidence provided by Major/Sam, and the OP, on these forums.
    Self-matching is just one form of roster engineering, and requires whole clan congruence.

p.s. I'm a maxer, just for the record!

Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Hmm, I'd suggest that's very debateable these days.

The historic advantages gained by offensively lopsided bases, which represented the vast majority of engineered bases, have been hugely diluted since the offset of the July 2017 announcement, and the whole 'flexibility' rhetoric.

Yes, there are static bases/rosters still doing their stuff, but the progression bases are finding it much more difficult to gain advantages.
    One of the main difficulties is that the 'balanced weight' engineering approach often adopted by the hyper engineered clans, is almost impossible to replicate from scratch now, hence the evidence provided by Major/Sam, and the OP, on these forums.
    Self-matching is just one form of roster engineering, and requires whole clan congruence.

p.s. I'm a maxer, just for the record!

Roster engineering is definitely still a problem. That extra one or two TH12s is all it takes to tip the scales in their favour if both teams are fairly close skill wise. More tweaking needs to be done to balance the top half of the roster instead of taking the entire weight of the roster.

Of course it dosent take any thought to be a max base MajorJohnson, this isnt rocket science, but you could argue that it takes even less thought to be an engineer. Its always easier to not do something than it is to do it. Less buildings, less things to manage, less things to think about, easier attacks.

I probably get 50-75 people a day trying to join my clan, easily, probably more. Granted the vast majority are terrible and never stood a chance of being accepted, but it never hurts to try it seems, lol. Anyway, if I see that the person is a .5 or worse a hard core engineer, they wont even be accepted into the clan to see if they’ll change and build their defences. If you have that type of mentality, you’re not welcome in my clan...so you wont have to worry about being berated because you play the game differently.
    Are you sure? It may not be rocket science to me but it is for many. You no likey engineers but you don't know know the difference and draw the line at your feet and say anyone that cannot conform to a very specific route is cowardly.

I'd get 100+ requests too if I advertised and put my clan in my sig....

My advantage is that I have no line drawn in the sand, I have hundreds of bases to choose from whether it is maxxer, engineer, rusher, .5, and everything in between and war them all.

I am interested in who is behind the base, some may surprise you if given the chance and not through a narrow view.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; June 17th, 2019 at 10:45 AM.